Thread: life on mars
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 21:05   #216
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: life on mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
And one for further discussion - do we think that 'this investigation is moving at the speed of a spastic in a magnet factory' was perhaps a leeeeeetle too close to the bone, even given the 1970s context?
Take that as bad then you've conformed to the PC brigade. What was right in those day was right, you shouldn't or can't question them now. Just that fact you now think it's a little close to the bone and that you can't take it in context means just that. I say you because of the way you mentioned it 'leeeeetle', it was emphasized which 'could' mean you object.

In fact I'd rather be back in that era than the big bro, pc, lemming/sheep society of today.

"Blacks, they all look the same" sounds sooo bad today, but was soo right then, it just not out of context of those times.

Am I now a racist?? lol.

The series was pure class and well done BBC for letting it go out on a high.