View Single Post
Old 19-03-2007, 05:29   #15
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: Keeping old number with Virgin deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondFox View Post
Hi, just signed up to ask this question.

I am currently on O2 pay as you go, and would love to keep my current number if possible. Can I transfer this number to this Virgin Mobile deal? Or is it just contract numbers?

Thanks in advance

DiamondFox
It should be possible. You need to:
  1. Get your phone unlocked from the current network provider.(Assuming you are going to use the same phone on the Virgin deal). You can do this either by requesting an unlock code from them, or taking the phone to an independent cellphone store. Some phones (mainly Nokia) can be unlocked for free with codes on the internet.
  2. Request a Port Authorisation Code (PAC) from your current provider. This gives the phone company the initial notice that you are leaving. The PAC is posted to you, and you have 30 days in which to use it, otherwise it will not be valid, and you have to request another. You do not need the PAC in order to get the Virgin tariff - they'll send you a SIM card with another Virgin Mobile number, and when you call Virgin Customer Services with the PAC, they change the number on your SIM card. Overall the process from asking for the PAC to receiving it - about 7 days, and from giving the PAC to Virgin before migration - about another 7 days. Both phones must be switched on all day when the migration takes place.
Hope this helps. But if you have any questions, the CS team at Virgin can be contacted on 789 (which costs), or at no cost through "My Account" and "Contact us" on the internet.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote