View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 00:51   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Upgrading To Sky + and Multiroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlingman View Post
Cheers for that.

Great news on the payment front to sky but not so good news on the face plates and sockets and filters for me.

Face plate looks like a nice idea but guessing BT wont be too happy if i fit them myself ???

Back to the drawing board then although seriously considering sky for all now, phne, adsl and tv and ditching pipex and should save some cash even if i have to go for another line.

No problem

A filtered faceplate is fine to fit yourself - it's part of the "customer side" of the BT installation.

The actual rear part of the BT Master socket is BT's property, & illegal to tamper with.

However, it's OK to re-wire, or even replace, the faceplate.

When I got my Sky Broadband activated, I had noise issues, causing my "up to" 16mbps line to only sync at around 4-5mbps. After disconnecting the ring wire (orange wire, white stripes, terminal 3 on the IDC block on the back of the faceplate), my noise margin went up, & my router was able to sync at around 8-9mbps (can't get any higher due to my line length). [suggestion courtesy of Chrysalis]

I've since fitted a filtered faceplate, & am in the process of re-doing the extension wiring.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote