View Single Post
Old 21-11-2006, 18:14   #1
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with NTL / Virgin Offer

Evening,

I would like to know if anyone on the board is able to provide me with contact details for the CEO of Virgin Mobile and/or NTL as i want to make a complaint in relation to my 'attempt' to take up the £10 per month offer.

Basically as like others on the board Virgin stated that i failed the credit check process. I then retrieved my credit file from Equifax which shows i have a 4-Star rating (out of a maximun of 5).

I therefore contacted Virgin again on Monday 30th November and spoke to 'Stuart' in the sales team, He advised me that he was aware of the problem, which according to him is down to NTL, and that he could put the order through for me. I advised him that i had failed a credit check and that i had retrieved mt credit file as i stated before. He said that that wasn't a problem and asked me to pay 99p delivery charge via a credit card, which i did after confirming with him that the offer had gone through. He assured me that it had.

I then passed the phone to my partner who was in the same boat and Stuart advised that he could do the same for him. Now my partner is already a Virgin PAYG customer and was looking to keep the same number. Again Stuart advised that everything had gone through and that he would have to remove the PAYG bundle to add the pay monthly one. He told my partner that everything had gone through OK and that the bundle should appear within 2 - 4 hours.

Guess what he checked this morning and the 300 Mins and 300 texts were not there. So we phoned Virgin again only to be told that the order was not going anywhere as it had failed the credit check, this despite Stuarts assurances the night before. I was advised that this would be passed to another department who would contact me within 2 - 4 hours and the girl gave me a £5 goodwill for the hassle.

The 4 hours went by with no phone call and we decided to call again only to be told that i should have been told that it could take up to 72 hours for a callback from the finance department. We then asked about the status of my own order only to be told that they were sending a standard PAYG SIM as the credit check had failed (again against Stuarts reassurances last night). I asked to speak to a Manager but none were available however they got a Sales manager to call approx 15 minutes later.

The Manager, Michelle, called and didn't know anything about the issue. I raised this with her only to be told that 'All the sales department do is take orders. We can't tell you if its gone through'. I then advised her of the fact thatmy partner works for a mobile company and that, if need be, they can change a credit decision if it is found that something was wrong. Michelle just stated that 'We aren't every other phone company. That's not how we work.' We asked her what she could do for us and her response was 'There's nothing i can do it all goes to the finance team' (Was then thinking what the point was in her calling if she couldn't do anything)

I then asked to speak to someone higher and Michelle tried the old i'm the most senior person in this building (which as i work for a call centre know that was a lie). After confronting her on this she relented and said that her line manager was 'on a course' but she still refused to pass my complaint onto him. Every time she kept telling us that 'The finance department will contact you within 72 hours'

I want to complain to someone higher than the team at Virgin as they don't seem to read the previous correspondence i sent. I want to highlight this to both NTL and Virgin as i am considering moving my telephony and broadband services elsewhere due to the incompentence of Virgin Mobile.

Therefore if anyone can suppy the email contact details for the CEO of NTL and the CEO of Virgin Mobile i would be really grateful.

Thanks for listening.
Zeozhane
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote