View Single Post
Old 20-08-2004, 06:05   #256
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388367/

Quote:
Based on the true story, Stan "Tookie" Williams was founder of the notorious Crips street gang. Awaiting execution on death row, Tookie is now determined to stop the violence he helped create. When he begins a crusade to steer children away from gangs by writing a series of powerful anti-gang books, he earns worldwide critical acclaim, as well as four Nobel Peace Prize nominations.
Not what I expected, but then I read the wrong summary on IMDB before watching it!

Nevertheless, it made my uncle sit up straight in the chair the whole way through, which is rather rare, and my Aunt kept her eyes open the whole way through too, which is even more rare. A very interesting movie -- based on a true story, I might add, and also a film which prompted me to go and Google for Stan "Tookie" Williams afterwards.

You'd have to be in the right mood to watch this -- if you want action and explosions -- then this isn't the film for you. This is a strong drama, and as such is quite captivating. An evening well spent.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote