View Single Post
Old 17-02-2004, 11:30   #4
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: 1GB Cap Letter!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser
The IP is not blocked Kitty, but access to SNMP (which MRTG uses) is blocked on the CM. You can use other products apart from MRTG to monitor the bandwidth, such as DU Meter.
The quote says its no use monitoring individual machines.. Du-meter cannot monitor the SACM only individual machines.

I have asked and still asking for a way to monitor the SACM which is the only way to monitor the complete downloads/uploads for all machines...

Just sent this to bandwidth@ntlworld.com lets see if I get a reply.

Quote:
Subject MRTG.
This works great with blueyonders SACM modems BUT! you have to be allowed access to the SACM to set it up. I have been asking since the cap was added to the AUP! I have been abused on your phone lines at the begining for asking to monitor my usage.. I was quoted " its company policy not to allow customers in C&W areas that access". I asked for NTL to set up a webpage that I could log into to view my usage in graph form like MRTG. again " NOT company policy"

Come on either drop tha cap or allow us the access required to use MRTG. I even changed from STB to SACM to monitor my usage.. I have 2 teenagers sharin this connection it is not easy to monitor when the company supplying the service is to much not company policy to find a way to help the customer.

I would love to be able to set up MRTG its on my webspace waiting to go. Robin Walker found a work round but it will not work if a router is in use...
MRTG is the best please review your stance and allow us the access required to run it or revert back to no cap. there is no middle of the road. It is no use saying we will send a letter when you have broken the terms.. THAT is too little too late. Its as the month is progressing we need to see whats already been used.
Waiting and hope its not invane
Florence
I am more than willing to test things out working with NTL to sort this out just until now its been more they are not interested. BBKing I know is trying to sort things out but after more than a year you start to give up.
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote