Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   General : £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709513)

aptsys 16-07-2021 20:26

Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36074787)
The difference here is that your image shows OPENREACH FTTP (the customerís cabinet). For that to work with VM, he would need to be in a fibre area (FTTP) otherwise it canít be done.

Not quite understanding your misunderstanding here. We've done exactly what was pictured before with the Virgin Cable equipment in there too. No issues at all.

Sephiroth 16-07-2021 20:36

Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aptsys (Post 36086515)
Not quite understanding your misunderstanding here. We've done exactly what was pictured before with the Virgin Cable equipment in there too. No issues at all.

That was 4 months ago and the matter was resolved by VM refunding the customer's outlay.

As to your point, the this was all about how to get fibre to the customer's premises from a VM coax cabinet, which VM won't/can't do for reasons I've explained in the thread. I've not misunderstood anything.

Skie 16-07-2021 20:43

Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36086517)
That was 4 months ago and the matter was resolved by VM refunding the customer's outlay.

As to your point, the this was all about how to get fibre to the customer's premises from a VM coax cabinet, which VM won't/can't do for reasons I've explained in the thread. I've not misunderstood anything.

Well it took a court judgement and then bailiffs, so not quite the passive "refunding the customers outlay" you're implying ;)

Sephiroth 16-07-2021 20:51

Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skie (Post 36086518)
Well it took a court judgement and then bailiffs, so not quite the passive "refunding the customers outlay" you're implying ;)

Well, that wasn't the point I was addressing. Apparantly, I misunderstood the whole technical thing.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.