Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

DocDutch 10-02-2010 02:46

Re: what game are you playing

playing a bit of Stalker Call of Pripyat at the moment :) graphics are good :) and the creatures etc can be veryyy creepy.

Hom3r 12-02-2010 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callumpy (Post 34960589)
lol, i need to stop playing it too.

Hurry up Bad Company 2

I cancelled by BC2 order which had been in place for nearly 5 months, as I got fed up of playing a team game on my own.:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34960896)
I hope I don't regret this but I just bought Fallout 3 again because a 360 scratched the hell out of my last one. I just hope I can actually get into this time, because last time I couldn't.

Don't MS offer a service where you can replace the game (about £10)

MadGamer 12-02-2010 22:03

Completed GTA IV (second run) (Base game) in less than thirty hours this time :), now to re play The Lost & Damned

cimt 12-02-2010 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 34962637)
Don't MS offer a service where you can replace the game (about £10)

Dunno, this was January last year though. If I knew that then I probably would of done that.

Mr_love_monkey 12-02-2010 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocDutch (Post 34961385)
playing a bit of Stalker Call of Pripyat at the moment :) graphics are good :) and the creatures etc can be veryyy creepy.

Hmm.. I tried playing the original the other day, got a whole load of sound problems - maybe I'll have to go back and try and fix them

DocDutch 12-02-2010 23:36

MLM just go for Call of Pripyat, no issues with it myself where as with Clear Sky and Shadow I have had multiple issues....

it is worth the gamble or download ;)

cimt 13-02-2010 12:09

Currently playing Call of Duty Classic. It's crazy how much it's changed!

icestar2 13-02-2010 17:04

Back to Star Trek Online now that I've finished Bioshock 2. Thats until Heavy rain in 2 weeks :)

Callumpy 15-02-2010 00:54

Played some Guitar Hero Hits today.

I was going to pre order Guitar Hero Van Halen on play, you get a free copy of world tour and a Wireless Les Paul Controller (X360) :tu:

Ravenheart 20-02-2010 00:21

Got me platinum in Borderlands :), really enjoyed it, might have to get the Zombie Island DLC and the forthcoming "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx" too.

Picked up Brutal Legend for £11 from play the other day so I'm giving that a blast at the moment, really fun, especially if your some sort of hybrid Rock/Metal/Goth thing like me.

Stuart 21-02-2010 23:31

Bought Bioshock 2 on Saturday and, I have to admit (this might be a little controversial), I am not really impressed.

Oh, it's a competent and enjoyable enough game with nice graphics, nice music and nice sound effects, but the graphics and sound are no better than Bioshock (so they would have been excellent in 2007 but par for the course today).

Also, gameplay hasn't really advanced from Bioshock, and it actually lacks some of the atmosphere of that game, so I haven't had the same compulsion to play it that I had in the first few days I owned the original.

In all, I'd give it 5/10, and although I bought it at full price, I'd recommend waiting until the price comes down if you are considering buying it.

Callumpy 22-02-2010 00:40

Rock Band. Doing the solo tour on expert, then need to do the endless setlist somtime.

frogstamper 22-02-2010 05:17

I've just finished all three campaigns on Alien verses Predator and am now on the multi-player, its actually a very good game.
Next on the list for me are Bad Company 2, Metro and Toy Soldiers all of which come out in the first week of March.

AntiSilence 23-02-2010 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogstamper (Post 34967951)
I've just finished all three campaigns on Alien verses Predator and am now on the multi-player, its actually a very good game.

Think I'm going to get this, although I did play it the first time round before I got Windows XP and it wasn't compatible. Mind you, the graphics are probably better now lol

ZrByte 23-02-2010 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiSilence (Post 34968575)
Think I'm going to get this, although I did play it the first time round before I got Windows XP and it wasn't compatible. Mind you, the graphics are probably better now lol

Looking into this myself. Haven't bought any game other than an RTS for ages but I loved the original two AVP games (Especially the multi-player on AVP 2). Only problem is C&C 4 and Supreme commander 2 are out in 4 days so my money will have to go on those and that's my games budget for the next few months already exceeded. Than we have Starcraft 2 out in a few months time and I have my first child due shortly after that so I can't see me being able to afford or even have the time for AVP after that ;) :D Maybe one for the bargain bin in 4 years time when he or she goes to school :shocked: :D