Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Callumpy 29-01-2010 23:42

Re: what game are you playing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34953535)
However I don't know if they are easy for achievements;)

I do like a bit of a challenge somtimes lol. Ive played the demo of bad company 2 and it seems pretty good so far :)

SwgLee 30-01-2010 19:30

I like Online gaming

Been playing Star Wars Galaxies for close to 5 years now. Still enjoy it but the servers are quite old and cant handle large scale battles which is a shame. A brand new Galactic Civil War was added this week with more PvP in Cities but due to the servers alot of lag for most.
I prefer the trading side to the game, and i am also a Mayor of a city that is top rank and has been since 2005.
If anyone is on facebook, i have a characters fan page on there for my character showing off events/screenshots and features of our city there (over 130 players reside there).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zisos-...e/269369073671

I get extremely busy ingame with guild demands/trading issues and other stuff. Seems the server has me on friends list lol.
To counter that i played the WOW trial. I enjoyed it, so upgraded to a full acoount. Its my 2nd game though but a nice get away now and again.

Will be trying Star Trek Online also when its released soon, it may replace my WOW game.

The one thing i will say is that i personally think Star Wars Galaxies has alot more depth to it over WoW but the servers on WoW are second to none and blow SWG's servers to bits. When playing WoW ive had no packet loss, loading issues, lag or bugs.

You can get a free 14 day trial in SWG from the official page. If anyone tries it, join Farstar server and send me ingame mail and ill send you some credits to help you start off. Characters name is Ziso

Callumpy 30-01-2010 22:03

Been playing Guitar Hero 3 all day, done every song on the hard career, just need to beat lou now. :( 15 Gamerscore, yay.

Hom3r 06-02-2010 14:39

How not to play MW2

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=17090

icestar2 06-02-2010 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 34959139)

Ooohhh they listed all my l33t skillz there :)

Tbh I have not played it in a couple months. Was fun at first when everyone was getting used to it but then like all the others its become repetative with people using the same old exploits. Shame :(

cimt 06-02-2010 16:26

I'm so glad I traded it in when I did. From what I'm being told, there's a new exploit every week. MW2 is a wasted piece of crap. It's like IW went and thought that because everyone loved CoD4 so they wouldn't need to work so hard on MW2. Did they ever actually test it?

Oh, and I'm playing ME2 on 360 and MAG on PS3.

icestar2 06-02-2010 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34959166)
I'm so glad I traded it in when I did. From what I'm being told, there's a new exploit every week. MW2 is a wasted piece of crap. It's like IW went and thought that because everyone loved CoD4 so they wouldn't need to work so hard on MW2. Did they ever actually test it?

Oh, and I'm playing ME2 on 360 and MAG on PS3.

Really want to get MAG myself. Finished ME2 and got Dante's Inferno. Good game. Might sell it after finishing and buy MAG though :)

Currently playing -

Star Trek Online (PC)
Dantes Inferno(PS3)

Next Week - Bioshock 2 (PC)

cimt 06-02-2010 18:54

MAG is underrated. People who picked SVER won't agree with this but some of their weapons are seriously over powered. Also, you get a lot of people using heavy weapons because they just rip through you.

Hom3r 07-02-2010 11:46

I must STOP playing COD:MW2 after 1am, last night I was on until 2:30am.

roger skillin 08-02-2010 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34959256)
MAG is underrated. People who picked SVER won't agree with this but some of their weapons are seriously over powered. Also, you get a lot of people using heavy weapons because they just rip through you.

I am loving mag at the moment but keep swapping between that and MW2

Callumpy 08-02-2010 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 34959506)
I must STOP playing COD:MW2 after 1am, last night I was on until 2:30am.

lol, i need to stop playing it too.

Hurry up Bad Company 2

cimt 09-02-2010 13:01

I hope I don't regret this but I just bought Fallout 3 again because a 360 scratched the hell out of my last one. I just hope I can actually get into this time, because last time I couldn't.

Stephen 09-02-2010 13:52

Spent most of yesterday playing Bioshock 2 (360) as my collectors edition got delivered early :)

zing_deleted 09-02-2010 14:02

is it any good? I got it to play but I never really got on with Bioshock ( mainly cuz I couldnt get past a dodgy enemy early on)

Does it matter I didnt finish 1?

Stephen 09-02-2010 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by zing (Post 34960943)
is it any good? I got it to play but I never really got on with Bioshock ( mainly cuz I couldnt get past a dodgy enemy early on)

Does it matter I didnt finish 1?

Its not too reliant on knowing the full story from the first game. This is set 10 yrs later and you play on of the first ever Big Daddies that was bonded to a little sister. However it will obviously help.

I am loving it so far, but I also really loved the first Bioshock.