Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

tizmeinnit 16-03-2013 19:21

Re: what game are you playing

Loads of times in the game I did what I wanted and shot who I wanted and still got what I wanted lol

alferret 25-03-2013 10:52

The Walking Dead, survival instinct.

As a fan of the show I thought I would get it, although some off the reviews slate it quite heavily it really ain't that bad.
Yes it's very linear and doesn't have super crispy graphics (which I think adds to the game) and the gameplay can be repetitive, bashing the walkers with your trusty hammer. It still has its kerb appeal. Very atmospheric, dark and full of the dead and has some hairs on your arms standing up moments.
7/10
I think the game would be much better if it used a similar concept like far cry, an open world with a vast map and a few towns/villages intermingled with some hamlets and farms, still a good game tho.

peanut 26-03-2013 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35552868)
The Walking Dead, survival instinct.

As a fan of the show I thought I would get it, although some off the reviews slate it quite heavily it really ain't that bad*.
Yes it's very linear and doesn't have super crispy graphics (which I think adds to the game) and the gameplay can be repetitive, bashing the walkers with your trusty hammer. It still has its kerb appeal. Very atmospheric, dark and full of the dead and has some hairs on your arms standing up moments.
7/10
I think the game would be much better if it used a similar concept like far cry, an open world with a vast map and a few towns/villages intermingled with some hamlets and farms, still a good game tho.

*It is.

I tried it out and though it was totally rubbish. By today's standards that game looks like it was made at least 10 years ago and on a tight budget.

Uncle Peter 26-03-2013 16:17

Picked up Saints Row the Third -the Full Package as it's now reasonably cheap

..great fun bashing people in with a three foot long pink thing while dressed as a hot dog

but not quite as complete a game as SR2 overall

Mr_love_monkey 26-03-2013 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35553309)
..great fun bashing people in with a three foot long pink thing while dressed as a hot dog

You have that dream too????

Uncle Peter 26-03-2013 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35553312)
You have that dream too????

Yeah, thankfully it wasn't the cheerleader outfit

adzii_nufc 26-03-2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35553309)
Picked up Saints Row the Third -the Full Package as it's now reasonably cheap

but not quite as complete a game as SR2 overall

Played the entire series and I'll never forgive them for removing the multiplayer features that made the first game so brilliant. I don't know what happened.. The first and second had reasonable storylines that kept me interested then the third was just purely ridiculous.

Jameseh 26-03-2013 20:53

NFS Most Wanted, was a tenner and is by far the most fun racing game I've played in years. I'd recommend it 100%.

dilli-theclaw 26-03-2013 21:18

I have been playing oolite today - very smart

Hom3r 26-03-2013 22:14

Aliens colonial marines coop

peanut 27-03-2013 13:33

Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm

I know there's not a lot more you can do with it but it is just a continuation of the first one so this just feels like an add-on DLC. It's okay though.

Tezcatlipoca 04-04-2013 16:20

I finished the Tomb Raider reboot at the weekend. *Excellent* game. The closest anyone without a PS3 will get to playing something like Uncharted. I actually think it does some things better, too, such as the combat, although the supporting characters are not as good. Excellent graphics, cinematic atmosphere, production values, voice acting (for Lara at least), gameplay, action...

I'm now playing BioShock Infinite, which is also *excellent*.

kesterwww 04-04-2013 17:47

This thread is incredible. I remember posting a comment on here 4 years ago on its first page. And i cant believe i still get notifications that people have commented.

Tezcatlipoca 08-04-2013 01:18

I finished BioShock Infinite tonight.

*Awesome* game :)

Uncle Peter 15-04-2013 10:47

Sleeping Dogs (360)

Very enjoyable GTA-esque fix you can now pick up reasonably cheap at ASDA (20 quid)