Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Chad 25-04-2011 23:11

Re: what game are you playing
 
Championship Manager 01/02 season with the latest data update. It's sad I'm playing a game that's now 10 years old however with the speed of computers these days I can whizz through a season within about 6 hours. The data updates I download are very detailed and up to date with the latest transfers and players.

I've tried all the newer version however personally I believe the series hit an all time high with Champ Manager 01/02 in terms of playability and simplicity. The newer versions are far too complicated.

Uncle Peter 26-04-2011 00:24

Re: what game are you playing
 
Operation Flashpoint Red River... really enjoying it up to now. Bit of a flawed masterpiece in all honesty though, looks like they've used the AI code from the original game and the graphics are a bit crude. Feels like a blast from the past.

craigj2k12 26-04-2011 00:54

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35222145)
Championship Manager 01/02 season with the latest data update. It's sad I'm playing a game that's now 10 years old however with the speed of computers these days I can whizz through a season within about 6 hours. The data updates I download are very detailed and up to date with the latest transfers and players.

I've tried all the newer version however personally I believe the series hit an all time high with Champ Manager 01/02 in terms of playability and simplicity. The newer versions are far too complicated.

plus the ability to add managers and control your opposition, which means your can basically sell yourself all the best players for whatever price you want!!! :D:D:D

idi banashapan 26-04-2011 08:51

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35222218)
Operation Flashpoint Red River... really enjoying it up to now. Bit of a flawed masterpiece in all honesty though, looks like they've used the AI code from the original game and the graphics are a bit crude. Feels like a blast from the past.

I heard that ofrr is quite dumbed down compared to ofdr as the console players moaned it was too hard.

mrmistoffelees 26-04-2011 11:10

Re: what game are you playing
 
Killzone 3
Homefront - meh :(
Need for Speed Hot pursuit (still hyesterically good fun if you can get a decent lobby)

peanut 26-04-2011 11:39

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35222218)
Operation Flashpoint Red River... really enjoying it up to now. Bit of a flawed masterpiece in all honesty though, looks like they've used the AI code from the original game and the graphics are a bit crude. Feels like a blast from the past.

If you didn't have to wait ages time and time again on those cut scenes at the start and end of levels it would have been a lot better. When you do get past that the game is quite enjoyable though.

Uncle Peter 26-04-2011 11:43

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by idi banashapan (Post 35222309)
I heard that ofrr is quite dumbed down compared to ofdr as the console players moaned it was too hard.

Yes it is, mainly due to the seemingly unlimited healing system so it's a bit more COD-like in difficulty curve terms. There's still the hardcore mode for those who want more challenge. The squad system and co-op is brilliant though although it doesn't quite reach the heady heights of GRAW/2.

With you on the cut scenes there peanut, it's a very frustrating bit of lazy coding that.

Stephen 26-04-2011 13:14

Re: what game are you playing
 
Killzone 3
Crysis 2

Both in 3D on my new 46" Samsung tv :) they look amazing in the third dimension.

Fitze73 26-04-2011 14:45

Re: what game are you playing
 
look better on my 55" 3d LG's lol :)

Stephen 26-04-2011 16:26

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitze73 (Post 35222554)
look better on my 55" 3d LG's lol :)

Maybe not ;) my screen might be better quality :P

Fitze73 26-04-2011 16:54

Re: what game are you playing
 
i doubt it mine are the 55lx9900 :) :)

Stephen 26-04-2011 17:13

Re: what game are you playing
 
Mine is the LE46C750 and its a cracker. Was £1500 but I got it for £699

carlwaring 26-04-2011 18:19

Re: what game are you playing
 
I love driving games; but not track-based ones. Love the original "Need For Speed" series; ie not Shift, etc. Finished the latest, Hot Pursuit, a while ago but still keep going back to it.

My list for this year includes Portal 2, Mirror's Edge 2 and possibly Duke Nukem Forever.

Also love CounterStrike, but haven't played it in ages.

Uncle Peter 26-04-2011 18:30

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35222664)
I love driving games; but not track-based ones. Love the original "Need For Speed" series; ie not Shift, etc. Finished the latest, Hot Pursuit, a while ago but still keep going back to it.

My list for this year includes Portal 2, Mirror's Edge 2 and possibly Duke Nukem Forever.

Also love CounterStrike, but haven't played it in ages.

Not tried TDU2 yet? worth a try now they've sorted a lot of the early bugs out.

carlwaring 26-04-2011 18:36

Re: what game are you playing
 
Tried the original but couldn't get into it. Might have a look at 2 at some point but not too bothered based on the original.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.