Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Price rises this year. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711665)

TMLeafs 04-07-2023 14:20

Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gus0898uk (Post 36155227)
Just a quick update about my VM.
My 18 month contract finishes around 3rd August so I got the boot in first and rang retentions, fortunately UK based.
I was paying a discounted £99 which was due to go up to £141.

The outcome of our chat was I am going to lose Sky Cinema (very rarely used), my SS is going to be known as the SS Collection and I have gone for UHD at £7pm which can be cancelled anytime. Internet is 350 and our landline 'Talk More Anytime' is being renamed 'Anytime Chatter'.

It seems I can ring mobiles from the landline and not be charged, is this correct?
Also I will have to pay 24ppm to use 084 087 etc etc

For the next 18 months my monthly fee is £98, but I think come April ++

So you have no O2 Sim?
I'm on the Ultimate Volt bundle with Netflix UHD addon, Extra box & UHD Sky sports for £100 to Virgin & £25 to O2

O2 is terrible and will dump as soon as I can but its going to be hard to get a good price for the Virgin stuff

Itshim 04-07-2023 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs (Post 36155256)
So you have no O2 Sim?
I'm on the Ultimate Volt bundle with Netflix UHD addon, Extra box & UHD Sky sports for £100 to Virgin & £25 to O2

O2 is terrible and will dump as soon as I can but its going to be hard to get a good price for the Virgin stuff

Use O2 via Tesco , far better than ee or Vodafone guess it's down to were you use it:D

TMLeafs 04-07-2023 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36155274)
Use O2 via Tesco , far better than ee or Vodafone guess it's down to were you use it:D

EE is the best here but it got too expensive for so little data and the EE roaming costs, I will switch mine and my wife's to Smarty when contracts are up, any company that doesn't do inflation rises gets my business, I changed all of our work phones to smarty and its just great value even getting a 10% off if you make a group account

Itshim 05-07-2023 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs (Post 36155308)
EE is the best here but it got too expensive for so little data and the EE roaming costs, I will switch mine and my wife's to Smarty when contracts are up, any company that doesn't do inflation rises gets my business, I changed all of our work phones to smarty and its just great value even getting a 10% off if you make a group account

Got two year fixed price on Tesco use little data and not interested in roaming cost

RobboEdin 05-07-2023 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs (Post 36155308)

I agree Smarty is great, especially if you use little data.
I and the wife are on the 3GB product with money back for each GB not used.
If you use little data, this works out at £4.50 per month each for unlimited texts and calls, including EU roaming.

gus0898uk 07-07-2023 23:47

My wife has an O2 sim so I will be joining this Volt or whatever it is called. I currently pay £6.97 for my Virgin Mobile sim which I suppose is now managed by O2.

Peter729 13-07-2023 10:24

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66174785

VM being investigated re contract cancellation

Mr K 13-07-2023 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter729 (Post 36156101)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66174785

VM being investigated re contract cancellation

About time. The general advice to send a recorded delivery letter is crazy in this day and age. If you can agree a contract over the phone you should be able to cancel it over the phone.

They should look at their 18 month non cancellation rpi + 3.9% increase next. Nobody knows what they'll be paying in future under those terms.

Peter729 13-07-2023 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36156103)
About time. The general advice to send a recorded delivery letter is crazy in this day and age. If you can agree a contract over the phone you should be able to cancel it over the phone.

They should look at their 18 month non cancellation rpi + 3.9% increase next. Nobody knows what they'll be paying in future under those terms.

I sent my cancellation in via recorded delivery, I made it clear I wanted to end the contract on the last day of the full contracted term and the letter was simply the required 30 day notice.

VM canceled the sevice 3 weeks before the end of contracted term, why I dont know, it made no difference to me as I already had a new ISP in place, but what if I hadn't had a new ISP in place.

A Virgin Media spokesperson said: "We are committed to providing our customers with excellent service, supporting them with any issues and giving clear options should they wish to leave.

When was the above put into place :)

Taf 20-07-2023 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36155229)
Days later and no response from them. :mad:

It's now about 3 weeks. I have tried phoning them on 150, but the only time I got through to a person, I was cut off after I was told they were looking at my account...:mad: