Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Charlie Farley (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711871)

Hugh 01-05-2023 18:44

Re: Charlie Farley

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150887)

I knew what I was doing with my reference to the Bible.

Charlie is head of the CoE and an adulterer.

Do you mean just like the Founder of the CoE?

Chris 01-05-2023 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36150885)
But then there is Matthew 5 the good old sermon on the mount, isn't there that isn't quite as forgiving or tame

‘Judge not’ is also from the Sermon on the Mount.

I’m not saying Jesus doesn’t expect the lives of his followers to be transformed, rather I’m saying that to point to one sinful act, no matter how egregious, and to use it to declare someone unfit for future office or responsibility, is to completely, comically, fail to grasp how that process of transformation is supposed to work.

Elsewhere, the apostle John wrote, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

This is the part Seph seems to be ignorant of. Anyone can quote a commandment. Christian life, however, is about discipleship, relationship, and a life progressively transformed. It is not a scorecard against a set of rules (and actually, the Old Testament faith of ancient Israel wasn’t that either. At no time did baldly quoting from Exodus settle anything).

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36150890)
Do you mean just like the Founder of the CoE?

Head of the Church of England.

Jaymoss 01-05-2023 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36150891)
‘Judge not’ is also from the Sermon on the Mount.

I’m not saying Jesus doesn’t expect the lives of his followers to be transformed, rather I’m saying that to point to one sinful act, no matter how egregious, and to use it to declare someone unfit for future office or responsibility, is to completely, comically, fail to grasp how that process of transformation is supposed to work.

Elsewhere, the apostle John wrote, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

This is the part Seph seems to be ignorant of. Anyone can quote a commandment. Christian life, however, is about discipleship, relationship, and a life progressively transformed. It is not a scorecard against a set of rules (and actually, the Old Testament faith of ancient Israel wasn’t that either. At no time did baldly quoting from Exodus settle anything).

I do agree with you. You only have to look at what sins David committed and he was still blessed.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150892)

Henry VIII is the founder and he made a mockery of marriage

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36150895)
I do agree with you. You only have to look at what sins David committed and he was still blessed.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Henry VIII is the founder and he made a mockery of marriage

Well, that's alright, then.

Hugh 01-05-2023 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150892)

Just like the Founder of the CoE…

Jaymoss 01-05-2023 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150899)
Well, that's alright, then.

I can see both sides but if I was to express a preference I would have no monarchy at all and if pressed I would rather Charlie stood down and William took his place.

Ms NTL 01-05-2023 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150870)
Having this week returned from a few weeks in Oz, that just about sums up their attitude to that idiot.

Where in Oz?

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms NTL (Post 36150904)
Where in Oz?

Canberra.

Ms NTL 01-05-2023 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36150871)
Adultery - sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than that person's current spouse.

On that note, how is John Redwood?

Are you referring to Nikki Page or Susan Precious? If any nukie took place, is most likely after the separation/divorce.

Hugh 01-05-2023 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms NTL (Post 36150908)
Are you referring to Nikki Page or Susan Precious? If any nukie took place, is most likely after the separation/divorce.

Nikki Page - divorce happened February 2004, Redwood and Page (officially) got together June 2003 (a week after he took a mortgage out on Page’s house.

It’s still adultery until the divorce goes through…

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36150909)
Nikki Page - divorce happened February 2004, Redwood and Page (officially) got together June 2003 (a week after he took a mortgage out on Page’s house.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Charlie Farley. But at least it's kept Hugh busy researching this crap.

Ms NTL 01-05-2023 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36150909)

Thanks Hughatha!

But the wife had gone bonkers for 2-3 years before that. They were separated.

Paul 01-05-2023 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36150877)
Well if he had not married her to spawn the next generation or committed adultery later then it would be highly unlikely that she would have died in a car crash in Paris and that is without the conspiracy theories about her death being caused deliberately that I do actually believe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150878)
What Jaymoss said.

LOL. Have you read what you just posted, you sound nuts.

Of course, it was nothing at all to do with the press chasing her then (or the fact she no seat belt on). :rolleyes:

Hugh 02-05-2023 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150910)
Nothing whatsoever to do with Charlie Farley. But at least it's kept Hugh busy researching this crap.

But it has to do with your adultery comment…