Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   BoJo referred to police by the Cabinet Office. Partygate II? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711923)

1andrew1 23-05-2023 18:12

BoJo referred to police by the Cabinet Office. Partygate II?

Quote:

Boris Johnson referred to police over new lockdown rulebreaking claims

Papers from Covid era show friends visited Chequers during lockdown

Boris Johnson has been referred to police by the Cabinet Office over new claims he broke lockdown rules after his ministerial diary revealed visits by friends to Chequers during the pandemic.

The Cabinet Office has passed concerns to the Metropolitan Police and Thames Valley police after several visits to the prime minister’s grace and favour residence were highlighted during preparations for a public inquiry into the pandemic.

The privileges committee, which is investigating claims that Johnson misled parliament over lockdown-breaking parties, has been informed. Johnson was made aware of the concerns last week and has since written to the Cabinet Office denying rulebreaking.

The development will intensify pressure on Johnson, who is already fighting for his political future. The privileges committee is due to report back next month and if it recommends suspending the prime minister for more than 10 days he could face a by-election.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...ends-0h0msqnld

RichardCoulter 23-05-2023 18:31

Re: BoJo referred to police by the Cabinet Office. Partygate II?

Good heavens, it's never ending with this idiot.

Hugh 23-05-2023 18:32

https://media.tenor.com/aK9Q5vEfofsA...sol-novela.gif

Damien 23-05-2023 18:50

It won't be PartyGate 2 as he isn't relevant any longer and no one is surprised. His few remaining disciples will go to their grave defending his right to impose restrictions on the public that he didn't follow but that's it.

Pretty stupid though. He gave this evidence himself to the lawyers.

jfman 23-05-2023 18:59

Rolf Harris has a better chance of a comeback now.

Dave42 23-05-2023 19:38

even the defenders of him must see the light now surely

ianch99 23-05-2023 19:41

More oxygen for the reasons to remove the Party of sleaze & corruption.

1andrew1 23-05-2023 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 36152535)
even the defenders of him must see the light now surely

Let's see what Old Boy has to say on the matter.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36152530)
It won't be PartyGate 2 as he isn't relevant any longer and no one is surprised. His few remaining disciples will go to their grave defending his right to impose restrictions on the public that he didn't follow but that's it.

Pretty stupid though. He gave this evidence himself to the lawyers.

It's more sleaze around the Party, a perception which Sunak hoped to move away from. And it might mean a by election...though I'm aware this has been said before and has not happened.

Braverman and Partygate II. The popcorn makers are going to be busy over the next few weeks! :D

GrimUpNorth 23-05-2023 22:47

And he would of got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky civil servants in the Cabinet Office and their blatant left wing agenda.

Chrysalis 24-05-2023 00:27

Meanwhile my city mayor ignored covid rules and just got elected again.

Ms NTL 24-05-2023 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 36152558)
Meanwhile my city mayor ignored covid rules and just got elected again.

Which one?

Russ 24-05-2023 07:01

There seems to be plenty of of people with the attitude of “it was years ago, let it go”.

No, let’s not let it go. He won’t ever get prosecuted for spaffing billions to his mates, he won’t get prosecuted for lying to the Queen, selling us his “oven ready deal” based on complete horseshit so let’s get him for whatever we can get on him.

I’ve never been a Tory fan but I have never detested them more than I did during his reign of terror.

1andrew1 24-05-2023 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36152562)
There seems to be plenty of of people with the attitude of “it was years ago, let it go”.

No, let’s not let it go. He won’t ever get prosecuted for spaffing billions to his mates, he won’t get prosecuted for lying to the Queen, selling us his “oven ready deal” based on complete horseshit so let’s get him for whatever we can get on him.

I’ve never been a Tory fan but I have never detested them more than I did during his reign of terror.

Hopefully, Johnson did not break the rules again. But as he's a sitting MP, it's still relevant. Expect questions in the Commons today about this and the Braverman story. And the more frequent use of the sleaze adjective in connection with the Conservative Party, potentially increasing the Party's losses at the next election.

Damien 24-05-2023 09:00

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/...67658396794880

Quote:

BREAKING

Boris Johnson allies up the ante and warn they will obstruct Rishi Sunak’s government unless he intervened to stop what they see as a ‘witch hunt’

They say it’s the ‘final straw’ for Johnson and warn that MPs and members supportive of former PM will begin organising
I don't think Johnson has enough allies to make this work and even amongst the few he has I doubt they will go to the bat for him on this issue now. I suspect this 'allies' consist of him and Nadine Dorris.

Still it shows how for Boris Johnson it's always about, and was always about, Johnson's ego.

Maggy 24-05-2023 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36152553)
And he would of got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky civil servants in the Cabinet Office and their blatant left wing agenda.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: