Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

tweetiepooh 08-04-2021 10:54

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Likely I'll have to have catheter refitted. Last one taken out but no change to flow. Maybe chance to have intermittent ones I fit myself as needed rather than indwelling one.

tweetiepooh 09-04-2021 14:56

New catheter but this one is tapped rather than bag so much more comfy but not so comfy that I want to have it for long. Getting BUPA appointment shortly.

Tinky 10-04-2021 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36076564)
New catheter but this one is tapped rather than bag so much more comfy but not so comfy that I want to have it for long. Getting BUPA appointment shortly.

Hope things are sorted out quickly for you tweetiepooh.

My moan pales into insignificance compared to yours, I was lucky to have my second Covid jab yesterday, feeling really rough today, but it's all worth it in the end. Strange I had no side effects with the first one bar a sore arm.

SnoopZ 10-04-2021 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36076626)
Hope things are sorted out quickly for you tweetiepooh.

My moan pales into insignificance compared to yours, I was lucky to have my second Covid jab yesterday, feeling really rough today, but it's all worth it in the end. Strange I had no side effects with the first one bar a sore arm.

Which jab?

Tinky 10-04-2021 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36076637)
Which jab?

Pfizer in both instances SnoopZ, had a headache, felt very weak, tired and cold, no energy, eyes hard to keep open, but one and three quarter hours sleep and I am right as rain. :)

SnoopZ 10-04-2021 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36076657)
Pfizer in both instances SnoopZ, had a headache, felt very weak, tired and cold, no energy, eyes hard to keep open, but one and three quarter hours sleep and I am right as rain. :)

I have heard that people get less bad reaction on the first jab with Pfizer and more con the second which is the opposite to the AZ jab.

Hom3r 13-04-2021 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36076666)
I have heard that people get less bad reaction on the first jab with Pfizer and more con the second which is the opposite to the AZ jab.

My dad had the Pfizer jabs and had no reaction to either.

I felt a bit poo after my first AZ jab

Russ 16-04-2021 09:04

People who put you on speaker when you call them.

Boils my blood. If you’re doing something when I call you that requires your attention just tell me and I’ll call back when you can hold your phone to your ear like a normal human.

tweetiepooh 16-04-2021 10:30

For work - if people call me on my soft phone (preferred on directory) then I can use headset and it works nicely, especially when they want we to do something while they are on line. If they call mobile then I may need to use speaker so I can use my hands. (I do have headset for phone but it's not ready as they should call softphone and use mobile for on-call/out of office.)

GrimUpNorth 16-04-2021 21:59

Companies that promise the earth and then don't deliver. Based in my least favourite city too, which should have been enough to make me avoid at all costs. Bunch of charlatans.

daveeb 16-04-2021 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36077089)
Companies that promise the earth and then don't deliver. Based in my least favourite city too, which should have been enough to make me avoid at all costs. Bunch of charlatans.

Who's / where is that GuN, it's very specific without the specifics :)

GrimUpNorth 17-04-2021 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36077091)
Who's / where is that GuN, it's very specific without the specifics :)

Sorry! Moda Furnishings based in Manchester. Spent just short of £5.5K on garden furniture - it turns out the cushion covers aren't UV proof :shocked:. Had promise after promise regarding replacements (the last one in October saying we'd have them 'by spring'). According to their website, new orders in our colour combination apparently have an 11 to 14 week lead time so doubt we'll see new cushion covers anytime soon.

Add to that the three attempts they needed to deliver furniture not bent out of shape or a different shade of weave AND the problem with the incorrect corner cushions they just seem to be ignoring.

Apparently there's a 7 year warranty but I'm getting the feeling anyone claiming will have a laugh a minute trying to get something sorted. They have a pretty good score on Trustpilot but a good read has quite a few customer claims of Moda only offering to sort out issues for customers if they remove the bad reviews.

Emailed them again last night asking them to sort the issues in a timely manner or we'll be expecting them to collect the stuff and refund the money. Mrs G has an 'in for a penny, in for a pound' attitude and will happily throw a bit more money at a claim in the small claims court.

Carth 17-04-2021 09:50

I see many places with a good Trustpilot score but I don't trust them to be open and honest.

Any company dealing with customer ratings that willingly removes bad reviews isn't really worthy of trust IMO.

denphone 17-04-2021 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36077107)
I see many places with a good Trustpilot score but I don't trust them to be open and honest.

Any company dealing with customer ratings that willingly removes bad reviews isn't really worthy of trust IMO.

l am not sure l trust those Trustpilot scores personally Carth going by some of our own experiences sometimes.

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36077107)

My thoughts exactly.

daveeb 17-04-2021 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36077105)
Sorry! Moda Furnishings based in Manchester. Spent just short of £5.5K on garden furniture - it turns out the cushion covers aren't UV proof :shocked:. Had promise after promise regarding replacements (the last one in October saying we'd have them 'by spring'). According to their website, new orders in our colour combination apparently have an 11 to 14 week lead time so doubt we'll see new cushion covers anytime soon.

Add to that the three attempts they needed to deliver furniture not bent out of shape or a different shade of weave AND the problem with the incorrect corner cushions they just seem to be ignoring.

Apparently there's a 7 year warranty but I'm getting the feeling anyone claiming will have a laugh a minute trying to get something sorted. They have a pretty good score on Trustpilot but a good read has quite a few customer claims of Moda only offering to sort out issues for customers if they remove the bad reviews.

Emailed them again last night asking them to sort the issues in a timely manner or we'll be expecting them to collect the stuff and refund the money. Mrs G has an 'in for a penny, in for a pound' attitude and will happily throw a bit more money at a claim in the small claims court.

Ah I see thanks Grim, that's bad. Think I'd be foaming at the mouth with all that hassle. :shocked: