Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Stephen 06-08-2016 11:23

Re: what game are you playing

Started playing Sleeping Dogs for Xbox 1 again, as I bought it on sale a few weeks ago for £6 on Xbox Live. Its the upscaled version with all DLC as well.

adzii_nufc 06-08-2016 12:32

Loved the hand to hand combat in that game.

Anyway.

Elite Dangerous
Jalopy
Rust

Dude111 06-08-2016 19:49

I last played Thesaurus tangle :)

http://web.archive.org/web/200204240...s/thesaurtngle

My score: 6504

THIS GAME IS QUITE CHALLENGING!!!!!!!

Gavin78 06-08-2016 21:42

world of warships/tanks and soon to be no mans sky

ThunderPants73 30-08-2016 16:09

The Witcher 3.

Stephen 30-08-2016 22:30

Re: What game are you playing

Halo 5.

Picked up a copy for 11 quid.

Uncle Peter 31-08-2016 10:52

Stranded Deep (Steam Early Access): You play as a plane crash survivor and the objective is to exist on a small group of pacific islands.

Lacks longevity but there's the makings of a cracking game in there.

adzii_nufc 31-08-2016 12:32

Tried it, bit too generic for me. Basically a different setting of Rust or The Forest. Rust is great though.

Check out Subnautica if you haven't already. Rust and maybe the Forest if you're into that type of game.

Uncle Peter 31-08-2016 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35856910)
Tried it, bit too generic for me. Basically a different setting of Rust or The Forest. Rust is great though.

Check out Subnautica if you haven't already. Rust and maybe the Forest if you're into that type of game.

I might have a dabble in Rust at some point as my lad plays it with a few of his mates. Safety in numbers as they say.

alferret 02-09-2016 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35856897)
Stranded Deep (Steam Early Access): You play as a plane crash survivor and the objective is to exist on a small group of pacific islands.

Lacks longevity but there's the makings of a cracking game in there.

Brought Stranded Deep on its release day, initially I thought it was great but as you say it lacks longevity & I fire it up once a month or so when there's been an update just to see how its progressing.
Multiplayer would be really good, that would make the game IMO.

The forest is another early/alpha release which showed great promise.
One to look at is from Hinterland studio's called The Long dark.

adzii_nufc 02-09-2016 18:38

The forest introduced CO-OP multiplayer a while ago but like Stranded Deep, it doesn't really offer longetivity.

The Long Dark is good enough. Has animation style graphics and although I haven't finished it I believe it does have a point to it, seems the objective was to cross from one map to the other whilst staying alive, bears, the cold and whatnot are the problems in the way. Set in Northern Canada I think. Quite immersive. I remember an in game day which was far too cold to venture outside without freezing to death.

Subnautica is a survival game but offers something completely different and unique underwater base building and submarines.

DayZ of course is still out there but that'll never really leave early access and seems like a succesfull grab and run job with minimal updates per year compared to others in the same genre.

Rust is heavily updated weekly and is constantly changing. This is a proper alpha so buy at your own risk. Things are constantly being reset, wiped or removed, this is what game development should be.

H1Z1 is a generic Infestation clone, which is hilarious because Infestation is one of the worst games to ever be sold. H1Z1 however... Is awful too.

No Mans Sky - Space survival - One of the worst cases of Bait and switch I've seen in gaming. A truly awful game that's beyond just being broken with an extortionate price for what it actually is.

Not sure if I've missed any but played all the above and more.

alferret 02-09-2016 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35857436)
The forest introduced CO-OP multiplayer a while ago but like Stranded Deep, it doesn't really offer longetivity.

DayZ of course is still out there but that'll never really leave early access and seems like a succesfull grab and run job with minimal updates per year compared to others in the same genre.

Didnt know that about The Forest being co-op, been a while since I played it.

Dayz on the other hand is improving & working towards beta & I do believe we havnt been shafted by the developers, its just taking a lot longer than anticipated.

adzii_nufc 02-09-2016 22:54

http://hmsmarulken.se/

4 player COOP sub simulation (Realism) Demo version, full release is still miles away but is quite brilliant.

The demo is F2P and works for online play. Download is at the bottom of that page.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc3XpWqbKqc

Doesn't feel demanding on the rig, although it shouldn't on mine but I mean graphically it shouldn't cause much of an issue for those willing to give it a shot.

Also my SteamID is [G]Hydra[7] or Adzii

Uncle Peter 09-09-2016 18:39

Wargame:Red Dragon

Puts those micro-management and extreme multi-tasking skills to the test. You'll either love it or just give up and cry ;)

adzii_nufc 09-09-2016 19:10

Rocket League got a patched gamemode, pretty awesome at the minute.

Awareness

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/t...m=banner_cross

22 hours to redeem a free copy of Tropico 4 for steam.

alferret 11-09-2016 22:41

Picked up Miscreated today on Steam for £7.49 (1/2 price)
Plays & looks a lot like H1Z1.

Hom3r 18-09-2016 10:49

I played the BF1 beta.

Nothing there to make me run and buy the game.

No doubt it will be a clone of the others with people camping outside a base and spawnkilling, then tell you to learn to play better when you send them a snotty message.

adzii_nufc 23-09-2016 10:04

It was a poor map to show imo,they just wanted to display the vehicles. The game looks good, the idea is good, I was just hoping for more trench warfare, absolute slug fests and DICE say that is coming. There will be 64 player trench maps for PC. Not sure if consoles pushed to 64 players.

About to download the freemium, Forza 6: Apex

In the meantime I'm dropping in on GTA IV for a replay of the base game and the quality DLC's, shame about the hassle getting it running though, GFWL was an absolute disaster on Microsoft's part. I do own GTA V though, two versions under one CD key, offline modded and my online account. In fact I have all of them, I bought GTA IV and V seperate but grabbed the rest including another GTA IV for a fiver, total bargain. Just a shame the fourth is utterly ruined by Microsoft's bollocks. It's playable eventually after you jump through the hoops they put in front of you.

adzii_nufc 23-09-2016 23:26

I got Forza Apex running. It is what it says it is. Forza for the PC. All cars can be unlocked via gameplay too. IAP's are merely shortcuts akin to Battlefield rather than some really shady stuff. Good move Microsoft. A free Forza game, still beta yet so no customisation, limited tracks etc. I think this is a PC demo tbf in preoeration for a full priced release Forza 7 next year.

Anyway, Visually stunning. Engine sounds are terrific. Same gameplay I remembered from the 360 days. Rain and puddles are new to me but feel great.

Looking onwards to Horizon 3. Just not paying a ludicrous 80 quid to play it early.

Hom3r 24-09-2016 17:49

I'm after Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate edition hard copy.

Game won't let me pre order as it's been released digitally and amazon are charging £134

So can any one recommended a place to buy it from online.

MadGamer 30-09-2016 22:07

FIFA 17 :)

adzii_nufc 01-10-2016 03:27

That'll be a later year buy for me this year. I'm done with it. I like that they've upgraded the game as such to warrant another £40 but I just don't feel like I liked the demo at all. I've ended up playing PES on PC as much as I'm ashamed to say because its different. That's probably why I'm enjoying it. Its a change. Plus it doesn't restrict me adding mods. Kitserver which adds every real life kit to every team in HD. Graphically I can make it better than FIFA thanks to dedicated modders, even usuable online. The online aspect is still very lacking to FIFA though.

Just a shame there's very little choice in this genre.

Still playing Rocket League. There's a lot of big developers that could take not from this. How to make a game 101 without robbing people at every chance. Optional cosmetic DLC with anything game changing being free, maps and modes being free. Also bundle plenty of free cosmetic DLC for free also. Definite game of the year contender.

MadGamer 01-10-2016 07:38

I think one of the main things that sold the game this year was the story mode EA implemented :)

denphone 01-10-2016 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35861279)
I think one of the main things that sold the game this year was the story mode EA implemented :)

Yes l am looking forward to playing it when l go to my brothers soon MG as personally l have always preferred FIFA to PRO EVO.

Hom3r 04-10-2016 16:58

Playing GTA V last night and mad a new buddy, she lives in Jersey, New York.

Then she dropped the bombshell of her job, she's a Cop.

theone2k10 06-10-2016 23:39

Rotating between fallout 4, minecraft and fifa 17. Really enjoying the journey mode on fifa 17 it has given fifa a fresh breath of life.

adzii_nufc 07-10-2016 02:13

Out of the loop, is there any expansion for Fallout 4 yet? I mean a decent expansion though not some money grab content. Added hours of story and gameplay I'm after. Really prefer it to Elder Scrolls when it comes to their games. Still have well over 500 hours in New Vegas.

theone2k10 07-10-2016 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35862269)
Out of the loop, is there any expansion for Fallout 4 yet? I mean a decent expansion though not some money grab content. Added hours of story and gameplay I'm after. Really prefer it to Elder Scrolls when it comes to their games. Still have well over 500 hours in New Vegas.

On ps4 there is quite a bit now nukaworld is one people are talking about and mods are coming soon too.
I'm waiting for a deal to show up on the season pass as missed last one.
Lookout point is another good addon.

PS anyone want to add me on ps4 my psn is thegame2k0

adzii_nufc 07-10-2016 19:17

Got in and put Mafia III on queue via Steam. Bought Sniper Elite v3 in the steam sale. Bought the bundle of all three, even though I already had one for £15

dilli-theclaw 08-10-2016 12:47

As I'm stuck here in hospital I've been playing (on my iPad) doom, bejewelled, chess, minecraft and Tetris.

adzii_nufc 09-10-2016 19:51

Mafia III then.

I am massively underwhelmed. I love the first two but gameplay wise it just seems to be really lacking. I'm not that far into the story so nothing on that front. Just don't see that big of an improvement over the second :erm: The vehicle handling is awful, the visuals aren't really that great and it's naturally riddled with bugs.

Mafia II was the best imo.

Hom3r 09-10-2016 20:00

Playing Forza Horizon 3, found 483 out of the 488 roads.

But llokg at the map their is no undiscovered roads. So like the last one it's just fractions of the roads to find.

adzii_nufc 09-10-2016 20:08

Oh I also grabbed all the Fallout 4 DLC, yet to touch it though.

Hom3r 22-10-2016 19:01

BF1, I see they still haven't sorted the spawnkillers, and the fact that a Shotgun should beat a knife.

adzii_nufc 25-10-2016 00:05

CIV VI. Well trying anyway. 2K games are on an absolute landslide. From the disastrous launch of Mafia III which is still horrendous now, some things are set in stone with that and can't be changed, like the horrible textures and so forth. Civ has so many bugs and crashes it's literally unplayable for a lot of people. I can't get past specific turns, it makes Windows Defender spike like crazy so unless disabled the game won't even launch. The AI is incredibly poor, the entire logic of the AI is pretty horrific. X has denounced you. No reason, X has declared war on you, again for no reason. X is at war with you but won't attack you, instead you spend 30 minutes chasing the AI around tiles.

Dying to actually play the damn game but it's in the refund bin as I've got under 2 hours. Not risking further hours and my refund trying to fix this. 2K have been massively supportive of course, ''Have you installed DirectX and the usual hopeless 'fixes'

Will buy again after it's patched up.

Remember when you bought a game and you put it in and it played.. it just played, no daft nonsense.

Uncle Peter 25-10-2016 17:59

Automation (the car company tycoon game)

This is going in a great direction despite having a tiny development team and it has been in development for a fair few years now. Still very rough around the edges but there are lots of nice features coming up towards the end of the year.

denphone 25-10-2016 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35865493)
CIV VI. Well trying anyway. 2K games are on an absolute landslide. From the disastrous launch of Mafia III which is still horrendous now, some things are set in stone with that and can't be changed, like the horrible textures and so forth. Civ has so many bugs and crashes it's literally unplayable for a lot of people. I can't get past specific turns, it makes Windows Defender spike like crazy so unless disabled the game won't even launch. The AI is incredibly poor, the entire logic of the AI is pretty horrific. X has denounced you. No reason, X has declared war on you, again for no reason. X is at war with you but won't attack you, instead you spend 30 minutes chasing the AI around tiles.

Dying to actually play the damn game but it's in the refund bin as I've got under 2 hours. Not risking further hours and my refund trying to fix this. 2K have been massively supportive of course, ''Have you installed DirectX and the usual hopeless 'fixes'

Will buy again after it's patched up.

Remember when you bought a game and you put it in and it played.. it just played, no daft nonsense.

l have always been a fan of Civ from its earlier days but l will definitely wait a fair while before l buy it so thanks for the tip adzii

adzii_nufc 25-10-2016 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35865646)
l have always been a fan of Civ from its earlier days but l will definitely wait a fair while before l buy it so thanks for the tip adzii

It's just game breaking bugs mate, everything else looks fun to play and I'm dying to get a good few hours into it without it closing randomly. I'm sure a patch will get it fixed.

Quote:

Automation (the car company tycoon game)

This is going in a great direction despite having a tiny development team and it has been in development for a fair few years now. Still very rough around the edges but there are lots of nice features coming up towards the end of the year.
:D Awesome isn't it, this and gearcity. Automation takes the top prize though given the ability to build and tune engines. Heavily early access of course but I love it. Jalopy is another you should take a look at, half decent indie game.

Uncle Peter 25-10-2016 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35865659)
It's just game breaking bugs mate, everything else looks fun to play and I'm dying to get a good few hours into it without it closing randomly. I'm sure a patch will get it fixed.

:D Awesome isn't it, this and gearcity. Automation takes the top prize though given the ability to build and tune engines. Heavily early access of course but I love it. Jalopy is another you should take a look at, half decent indie game.

Oh isn't it just! Can't wait for the boxers and V10s in the upcoming builds. I've not had a play through campaign lite yet, too busy messing about with engines as usual. Killrob posted a couple of campaign playthroughs which are worth watching particularly as there's sparse documentation about how to play it.

I've seen jalopy yes and also fancy that new one that's just come out: My Summer Car which looks like a bit of fun to be had over the coming weekend ;)

adzii_nufc 25-10-2016 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35865727)
Oh isn't it just! Can't wait for the boxers and V10s in the upcoming builds. I've not had a play through campaign lite yet, too busy messing about with engines as usual. Killrob posted a couple of campaign playthroughs which are worth watching particularly as there's sparse documentation about how to play it.

I've seen jalopy yes and also fancy that new one that's just come out: My Summer Car which looks like a bit of fun to be had over the coming weekend ;)

Got this yesterday, I'd leave it a week or two, it's really really early stages and had absolutely no tutorial. The basics are there to work but it's frustrating as hell but it's another I can't wait to see turned into a gem. The idea is awesome. Probably need a few videos to get started on the point of the game if you go for it as it stands and try to wrap your mind around it :D

I've had a couple goes and still haven't got the car into the garage.. then I crashed the little van and died.

Bit of a gamebreaking bug atm that makes you fall through the floor most of the time.

adzii_nufc 27-10-2016 06:42

Put more time into it. Its actually worth getting as it is. I've managed to build the car and have it move a few feet as my main achievement.

Thus far, I've thrown a spark plug about 40 miles by accident. Set my engine on fire, blow my muffler off. Blew 3 pistons revving the crap out of it and so forth. I also lost the fuel tank in the few feet I managed to move the car. The game is brutal.

Uncle Peter 27-10-2016 10:50

I got it yesterday as well :D Managed to get most of the car finished myself but decided to pop down to the shop and get some food supplies in for the following day and some oil. Needed a pint but the damn pub was shut so I stopped for a beer and sausage picnic on the way home. Had one too many though and ended up wrapping the van around a tree.

adzii_nufc 27-10-2016 16:38

Got through an 8 hour build, added the twin carb and the steel headers, re-tuned all the valves and carbs, managed to get it half running, alignment was way out. Got it to the repair shop and gave it the full whack. Car was essentially running like perfection, got half a mile away and the piston blew, the engine caught fire and the lot just shattered.

Not using throttle axis so it's always bouncing on the limiter. :(

Not sure if towing it back will fix the piston, if not then it's a restart. Teleported the car to the house to get a better look.

edit: You couldn't make this crap up. https://gyazo.com/fedc7b640c6f71333b3c1968ed147a16

dilli-theclaw 27-10-2016 18:49

Battlefield 1 but with my eyes the way they are it's hard going, quite good though.

Hom3r 30-10-2016 17:37

Playing The Sims 4 on the PC, the guy decided to cook his breakfast on the BBQ which he managed to set of fire.

So I got his wife to put out the fire, while he walked off into the house, when I went over to him, he was on fire, then died.

I never had this happen before.

ThunderPants73 02-11-2016 19:19

The Witcher 3.

adzii_nufc 02-11-2016 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35867274)
The Witcher 3.

Awesome game, great developers.

Playing Wolfenstein: New Order and The Old Blood.

ThunderPants73 03-11-2016 21:00

Going to dip back into Fall Out NV next, didn't enjoy FO4, go there, kill that, not my thang. FONV just really nailed it for me, great atmosphere, amazing music.

adzii_nufc 03-11-2016 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35867558)
Going to dip back into Fall Out NV next, didn't enjoy FO4, go there, kill that, not my thang. FONV just really nailed it for me, great atmosphere, amazing music.

Not alone then, I prefer NV over 4 all day. The weapons, everything. It also displays when you've crippled a limb in NV, something they omitted from FO4. I still enjoyed 4 but still find a NV play through to be quite fun after all this time. It did help I managed to get the entire DLC collection for buttons in a steam sale back in 2013.

Bethesda obviously make well received games but I can sit and enjoy every fallout 4, NV being my favorite thus far but I can't bring myself to enjoy Skyrim or much of TES series. MW I played quite a bit but I wasn't overly keen on it.

adzii_nufc 06-11-2016 18:52

Dammit, downloading Fallout NV because of the post above.

https://gyazo.com/8cdbbbb4b7e4c096f47ee4aa689efc0c

Currently doing a play through of Wolfenstein: New Order after finishing off Old Blood again. Here's hoping to another sequel.

Uncle Peter 14-11-2016 22:42

Automation Campaign Lite V2

This is getting far too addictive

MalteseFalcon 14-11-2016 22:56

Alternating between F1 2016 and FIFA 16.

adzii_nufc 15-11-2016 12:09

Motorsport Manager - Wouldn't buy for the price I have listed on steam but it's pretty good! Had it on droid before hand.

Elite - Just pushing the 700 million Cr mark now.

CycoSymz 15-11-2016 20:31

Since moving from a Windows phone to an Android phone last week, I'm now playing Pokemon Go.

MadGamer 04-12-2016 17:34

Playing Sleeping Dogs as it's free with Games with Gold this month. Enjoying it so far :)

adzii_nufc 05-12-2016 10:01

A 'spiritual' successor to True Crime, wish it was a true sequel though.

Still, the hand to hand combat system in sleeping dogs was pretty amazing, played from start to finish.

Worth noting that sadly, United Front went bankrupt, remains to see if Square Enix assign a sequel elsewhere or whether all IP's die with UF. Someone purchased a PS4 dev kit from their asset auction that contains 800gb of future game data, which may possibly contain a Sleeping Dogs sequel, it's been sent away and we'll soon find out.

alferret 31-12-2016 20:27

Still playing DayZ, just got Arma III & the Edict mod. So more zombie goodness.
Miscreated and played some Stranded deep yesterday.

OhReally 31-12-2016 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35878642)
Still playing DayZ, just got Arma III & the Edict mod. So more zombie goodness.
Miscreated and played some Stranded deep yesterday.

Unreal Tournament, still a great game 15 years on...

adzii_nufc 01-01-2017 06:34

Generally just been sticking to Rocket League. Gonna pick out a few from the steam winter sale closing day tomorrow though.

Gave some of the CoD titles I've bypassed since Black Ops II. Advanced Warfare was really well made, quite surprised by it. Thus I expected the relatively well doing Treyarch to go one better with Black Ops III, it turns out it was really awful, anything that was improved in AW was stripped away. It feels like the sloppy cod games everyone got bored of very quickly.

I think AW plays like Titanfall a lot. The engine feels similar and the PVP gun battles do too.

All in all though I don't think boycotting them for a few years had me missing out on much.

MalteseFalcon 01-01-2017 21:24

FIFA 17 when allowed near the TV.

Stephen 01-01-2017 21:35

Been playing Just Cause 3 that I picked up in the xbox sale and Lego Dimensions that I got for Christmas.

Really enjoying both.

Hom3r 02-01-2017 21:33

WatchDogs 2 and Co-op with my nephew.

tweetiepooh 03-01-2017 15:18

Got 2 new Lego games on Steam during the sale.

adzii_nufc 03-01-2017 21:14

Marvel? Those two are amazing. Marvel Super Heroes especially. They're all pretty good and well made but those two stand out for me.

denphone 12-01-2017 12:24

Uncharted.

adzii_nufc 02-02-2017 00:37

Watch_Dogs 2

It's alright, far better attempt visually and gameplay wise than the first hyped itself up to be. It's like GTA though for me, you just kinda run out of things to do fairly quickly. Others can spend hours, I struggle to give it an hour at a time. Beyond annoyed it comes bundled with EAC (Anti-cheat) Anything but this would be acceptable, their anti-cheat detection is borderline illegal at times.

alferret 19-03-2017 12:45

Trying to get back into Elite, but for whatever reason, I'm having a crate load of hassle getting my keybinding right. IE back to where I had it before as its been over a year since I last played I cant for the life of me remember what binds I had lol, one of the disadvantages of getting old and having memory issues :)
So Elite, DayZ, Arma III are my games at the moment.

Hom3r 19-03-2017 17:45

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Brilliant game.

adzii_nufc 19-03-2017 23:42

I played the Beta, it was enjoyable but became very repetitive really quick. Think I preferred the old Ghost Recon games.

The only really negative thing about the game as a whole are the vehicle physics, they're absolutely atrocious for a AAA game, they're up there with the worst I've seen in gaming since Big Rigs.

denphone 21-08-2017 19:03

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.:)

Hom3r 10-09-2017 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35890761)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Brilliant game.

The Unidad's in it are getting a pain in the butt.

Stephen 11-09-2017 10:33

Legend of Zelda Twighlight Princess HD on Wii U.

not played it since the wii release and managed to pick up the collectors edition on eBay at a decent price. Huge Zelda fan, and just finished Wind Waker HD as well. Still got my original Gamecube version. A Link to the Past is still my fav game of all time.

denphone 19-09-2017 18:11

Madden NFL.

Osem 22-09-2017 14:09

The game of real life...

Hom3r 11-10-2017 19:32

Bought "Dead by Daylight".

But I often find myself hanging around :D

devilincarnate 29-10-2017 06:52

Super Mario Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch

adzii_nufc 31-10-2017 12:49

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus,

Love this franchise, bit of a weaker entry side by side to the New order and the old blood but I enjoyed it. They've pretty much set the tone for DLC story though by opening up a supernatural element plot, then constantly dropping hints throughout the game so I'm expecting an expansion. Three are confirmed but the only one I can imagine relating to the plot device in question would be the DLC that revisits the black sun lore, relating to the 2009 game which isn't affiliated with this Bethesda published franchise so it'd be a first for this series.

Uncle Peter 05-11-2017 11:39

CMANO (Command: Modern Air Naval Operations) Korean Missile Crisis DLC.

We're coming for you Kim!

Hugh 05-11-2017 11:41

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Hom3r 22-11-2017 18:19

Try Crossout while its free, post apocalyptic set a,d youbuild a vehicle with weapons.

As the game progresses you get better parts.

Uncle Peter 05-12-2017 11:41

Back to Elite : Dangerous after not playing it for some time. This time with the Horizons expansion.

alferret 06-12-2017 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35927535)
Back to Elite : Dangerous after not playing it for some time. This time with the Horizons expansion.

I'm still playing Elite. Cant get enough of it to be honest. On my way back to the bubble from being in Colonia for the last 8 weeks or so.

Uncle Peter 06-12-2017 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35927662)
I'm still playing Elite. Cant get enough of it to be honest. On my way back to the bubble from being in Colonia for the last 8 weeks or so.

You must have a pretty tasty ship then :)

I didn't play it for long after release due to the grind required to get a decent ship and the lack of things to do. The game has certainly come a long way since!

I recently bought one of those Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS sticks for FS and DCS so have been using that. It's actually taken a couple of days just to get all of the controls mapped to my liking. What a nightmare.

Mr K 02-01-2018 13:08

Been playing Manic Miner (originally for the wonderful ZX Spectrum) since 1983.

http://torinak.com/qaop#!manicminer

Still have't got past the fifth cavern...

Carth 02-01-2018 14:21

*gasp* and here's me thinking that nobody remembered stuff like that :D

Boulder Dash was always a favourite of mine, it was one of my earliest introductions to the term 'rage quit' :Yes:

ZrByte 02-01-2018 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35927662)

Took me nearly 3 years but I've finally burned out on elite. I still play occasionally but I don't enjoy it like I used to. I'll check in when the beyond updates drop I'm sure but at the moment there's nothing really pulling me back in.
I think I need to start playing in open more often, I play solo mostly so if someone knocks at the door I can just quit without being accused of being a combat logger. I think if I play at a time when I don't have to worry about answering doors I can play in open and the added threat may draw me back.

If any of you want to add me feel free. I'm on PC and my primary is CMDR Zrbyte, my secondary is CMDR Ellerius. I play on the secondary more these days because theres more to do there, I have everything on my primary :D .

Uncle Peter 03-01-2018 21:24

Quite a bit of co-op ArmA3. Doing some of the Apex missions

MadGamer 09-01-2018 20:50

Tropico 5

denphone 13-01-2018 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35931762)
Tropico 5

You have good taste Mr MG.

MadGamer 13-01-2018 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35932352)
You have good taste Mr MG.

I can't get enough of it. One of the people I work with suggested it. I bought it digitally with all DLC included for £32

denphone 13-01-2018 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35932365)
I can't get enough of it. One of the people I work with suggested it. I bought it digitally with all DLC included for £32

We bought ours for £22.25 so we were obviously lucky with our price.

Hom3r 27-01-2018 21:18

Playing Ark.

A bit like Minecraft but for adults. You cannot modify terrain but you can cut down tree's and break rocks.

Oh yeah and tame dinos.

cimt 29-01-2018 15:08

I'm getting that tomorrow.

Uncle Peter 31-01-2018 16:51

Spintires Mudrunner. Really good fun - I didn't play the original release of the game which has probably paid dividends to wait it out as it's turned out quite nicely polished.

adzii_nufc 01-02-2018 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35934897)
Spintires Mudrunner. Really good fun - I didn't play the original release of the game which has probably paid dividends to wait it out as it's turned out quite nicely polished.

The first was good-ish, it just typically fell to the ongoing farce that is early access.

DayZ started this trend and besides getting constantly negative reviews nowadays, nothing has really been done about them receiving upwards of £30 million in sales for a game that is still far from being complete after 4 years. Largely down to the complete lack of meaningful updates.

On the other hand you have the likes of Rust which receives weekly meaningful updates.

It's a strange area is early access. :erm:

We're witnessing the biggest backlash on Microtransactions we've ever seen now though and hopefully that starts the ball rolling on the ongoing problem of Early Access/Paid Alpha/MTX games flooding the market.

SnoopZ 04-02-2018 11:09

Just finished playing the Nathan Drake Uncharted Collection on the PS4, 3 very good games indeed.

Hom3r 10-02-2018 20:39

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition

£32, and you get to build rockets.

My first attempt got off the pad but the second stage had as Elon Musk would say a "Rapid Unscheduled Dismantling" :D

Stephen 10-02-2018 21:32

Finallyhaving time to play Just Cause 3 and Doom on X1.

Both great games.

SnoopZ 02-06-2018 14:01

Mad Max on PS4, one of the best free monthly games they have done in my opinion.

Chloé Palmas 02-06-2018 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35931762)
Tropico 5

I gave up on that after like Tropico 2 (the Island one) - how is the series after? Unless you were like an clad iron dictator there was like no way of surviving...that game started to irritate me real fast. (Mouse controls and scrolling were an issue / difficult to locate people...argh it was frustrating!)

:td::td::td: