Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709417)

nomadking 09-12-2020 15:39

Re: Coronavirus

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36061525)
So the virus knows what time it is and won't infect you before 10.00pm but will at 10.01.

In the 2 instances you quoted there was no curfew introduced.

Exactly, and outbreaks occurred as a result.

pip08456 09-12-2020 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36061528)
Exactly, and outbreaks occurred as a result.

So the virus does know the time then.;)

Hugh 09-12-2020 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonbxx (Post 36061526)
Looking at the formulation on page 9 here - https://assets.publishing.service.go...fessionals.pdf there's no antibiotic present.

The 'TLDR' answer is that there just seems to be some weird fats, some conjugated with inert polymers which form the 'shell' of the active vaccine, the mRNA itself and some benign salts and sugars which we have in our bodies anyway.

If it's the fats which are causing the issue, that's a big problem as they are key for the mRNA delivery in to the cell. That said, if the reactions were common, they would be picked up during clinical trials.

What's missing from all the headlines is what were these two people affected allergic to. If they are clinical staff, my bet would be latex...

It doesn't state what they were allergic to, but that they both had a history of significant allergic reactions, and carried epi-pens around with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122
Quote:

The two people had a reaction shortly after having the new jab, had treatment and are both fine now.

They are understood to have had an anaphylactoid reaction, which tends to involve a skin rash, breathlessness and sometimes a drop in blood pressure. This is not the same as anaphylaxis which can be fatal.

Both NHS workers have a history of serious allergies and carry adrenaline pens around with them.

Paul 09-12-2020 18:12

There will always be side effects for some people, that's the same with any drug/vaccine.

Its listed as a rare side effect on the Flu Jab I had a few days ago.

Quote:

WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects ....

* Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.

1andrew1 09-12-2020 19:26

Not a great decision for a journalist! :td:

Quote:

Sky News presenter Kay Burley and three colleagues have been taken off air while an investigation into breaches of Covid guidelines is carried out.

Political editor Beth Rigby, north of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid and presenter Sam Washington are also off air while the inquiry takes place.

BBC media editor Amol Rajan said Burley's job is hanging in the balance.

It follows her admission that she "broke the rules" while celebrating her 60th birthday at the weekend.

The journalist said she could "only apologise" for her "error of judgment".

Amol Rajan said she was one of a party of 10 people at the Century Club, a private members' club on London's Shaftesbury Avenue. Her group took up two tables, with six people on one and four on the other.

Burley then went onto Folie restaurant, where she used the toilet, before moving on to a private residence where individuals from at least three households mixed, Rajan said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55245914

Mr K 09-12-2020 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36061556)
There will always be side effects for some people, that's the same with any drug/vaccine.

Its listed as a rare side effect on the Flu Jab I had a few days ago.

Any reaction has got to be balanced the risks if you get Covid. No doubt some idiots will refuse take it. It could be a bit like natural selection when they end up getting the virus.

Over 500 died again in the UK today . Early days but none have died so far from the vaccine.

Pierre 09-12-2020 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36061569)
Over 500 died again in the UK today

Another 500 deaths were “reported” today, they didn’t all die today.

Chris 09-12-2020 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36061569)
Any reaction has got to be balanced the risks if you get Covid. No doubt some idiots will refuse take it. It could be a bit like natural selection when they end up getting the virus.

Over 500 died again in the UK today . Early days but none have died so far from the vaccine.

I think you’ll find all of them were dying for the first time.

Julian 09-12-2020 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36061574)

Absolutely priceless, love it :D

1andrew1 09-12-2020 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36061574)

:D

jfman 09-12-2020 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36061570)
Another 500 deaths were “reported” today, they didn’t all die today.

Clutching at straws still, I see.

Paul 09-12-2020 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36061585)
Clutching at straws still, I see.

Did those 500 die today or not ?

It's a simple enough question.
If the answer is no, then he is correct.

jfman 10-12-2020 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36061590)

He is indeed correct, however it’s broadly irrelevant unless the death figures over the next 3 days or so collapse significantly (reflecting in part those who did die today). While some deaths will take longer to get reported the vast majority will be in by then.

In reality no such change will take place and broadly around 500 people a day are dying. Which I’m sure is the intent of the post he is replying to.

I fully expect someone to be along shortly to clutch at the straw they could have been hit by a bus within 28 days of a positive covid test. Yes, they could, but I’m not aware of deaths involving buses to be statistically significant.

jonbxx 10-12-2020 08:53

David Paton on Twitter is good as he publishes the deaths by day as well as day reported. Note that his figures are England Hospital deaths only, so Yesterday, 344 deaths were reported of which only 50 were on Tuesday. The numbers tend to firm up after 5-6 days

https://twitter.com/cricketwyvern/st...82135630082049

Follow the colours in the first chart to get a meaningful trend

1andrew1 10-12-2020 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36061590)

Context is everything here.

My understanding is Pierre is sceptical of the benefits of lockdown. We're all entitled to our opinions as long as we can back them up with evidence.

With death rates apparently rising since the end of lockdown, it could be perceived that Pierre is criticising Mr K's imperfect phrasing of deaths because that evidence contradicts his opinion.

I hope that the deaths reported today reduce down substantially and Pierre is right.