Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Networking (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Needs Reinstalling in Windows 7 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33659492)

jingleman 22-12-2009 18:28

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Needs Reinstalling in Windows 7

I need to reinstall Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface so that I can use Homegroup in Windows 7, as it requires IPv6.

This was there before, but problems with ZoneAlarm (now uninstalled) and
following advice elsewhere this was 'unistalled' and means this is now no longer lsited under Device Manger, even after selecting 'show hidden devices'. Windows 7 Homegroup will not connect tells me I need IPV6 enabled
  • IPV6 is selected against Network adators etc
  • I have deselected IPV6 against Network Adapator, rebooted, reselected IPV6 & rebooted, but nothing seems to force this back.
  • ipconfig /all only lists IP4 not IP6
  • No system restore available
How do I reinstall Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface so it again shows in Netwok Adapators in Device manager, please?

Happy for DOS style commands, just don't want to have to reinstall Windows 7, if all all possible

Cheers

idi banashapan 22-12-2009 21:58

Re: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Needs Reinstalling in Windows 7

i take it you have other W7 machines in the house?

have you tried going to Action > Scan for hardware changes from within Device manager?

jingleman 23-12-2009 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 34931776)
i take it you have other W7 machines in the house?

Yes

Quote:

have you tried going to Action > Scan for hardware changes from within Device manager?
Yes, tried that as well, but nothing detected.

Any further suggestions, please?

Cheers

Graham M 23-12-2009 12:50

Try right clicking your network connection in Network & Sharing Centre -> Change Adaptor Settings

Goto properties

Click on add and try each of the 3 sections and see if it's in one of those

Otherwise, try uninstalling your network card driver and reinstalling it

jingleman 23-12-2009 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 34932014)
Try right clicking your network connection in Network & Sharing Centre -> Change Adaptor Settings

Goto properties

Click on add and try each of the 3 sections and see if it's in one of those

Otherwise, try uninstalling your network card driver and reinstalling it

Thanks for suggestions. It's not listed there (I think it only shows in Device Manager). I have removed all protocols - IP4 & IP6 only let you untick - and removed Network card driver etc. The only protocol not installed is 'reliable multicast protocol' but that was never installed.

Thanks very much for the suggestions, though I feel it may just be quicker to bite the bullet and reinstall Windows. I have most of my software and back-up of documents etc. on other partitions so it won't be too much trouble to add it back afterwards.

Cheers

webcrawler2050 23-12-2009 16:53

Try all of this:

1. Temporarily disable Firewall and third party antivirus program on the computer for a test.

2. Verify relevant services
=========================
a. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in Search Bar and press Enter.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Right click the "Peer Networking Grouping" service and choose Properties.
c. Please check if the service is started; if not, please click the Start button and see if it works.
d. You may also choose Automatic next to Startup type.
e. Click OK.
f. Please repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

3. Modify IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6
==========================
a. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

b. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\TCPIP6\Parameters

c. Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.

d. Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

(If the key doesn't exist, please create the key above and assign the value 0)

e. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

For more information, we can refer to the link below:

jingleman 23-12-2009 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 (Post 34932105)
Try all of this:

Wooooooooh it now works :)

webcrawler2050 I can't thank you enough for resolving this for me. I'd say I've been tearing my hair out, but I don't have much left to tear!

Just for information, should anyone else come across this same issue, for me the problem was at "PNRP Machine Name Publication Service" - this was at 'Stop'. I started this and set to Automatic. I also changed Peer Networking Grouping" to 'Automatic'', it was on 'Start' but showed 'Manual'. I presume there is no problem (security wise) leaving them both on 'Manual'?

By way of a thank you, have a beer on me :beer: Sorry it's only a virtual pint, perhaps santa will bring you a real one.

Thanks again, and :xmas:.

webcrawler2050 23-12-2009 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingleman (Post 34932148)
Wooooooooh it now works :)

webcrawler2050 I can't thank you enough for resolving this for me. I'd say I've been tearing my hair out, but I don't have much left to tear!

Just for information, should anyone else come across this same issue, for me the problem was at "PNRP Machine Name Publication Service" - this was at 'Stop'. I started this and set to Automatic. I also changed Peer Networking Grouping" to 'Automatic'', it was on 'Start' but showed 'Manual'. I presume there is no problem (security wise) leaving them both on 'Manual'?

By way of a thank you, have a beer on me :beer: Sorry it's only a virtual pint, perhaps santa will bring you a real one.

Thanks again, and :xmas:.

Your most welcome. I've seen it atleast 7 times here at Medion with Win 7 machines.

Nice pint there :)

tich 10-05-2012 07:25

Quote:

Try all of this:

1. Temporarily disable Firewall and third party antivirus program on the computer for a test.

a. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in Search Bar and press Enter.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

c. Please check if the service is started; if not, please click the Start button and see if it works.
e. Click OK.
f. Please repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

a. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

c. Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.

d. Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

brilliant worked so well,thanks,l had struggle over this for a while but nobody really explained simply as u did ,u are a genius in the making

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

brilliant worked so well,thanks,l had struggle over this for a while but nobody really explained simply as u did ,u are a genius in the making

Maggy 10-05-2012 09:54

Quote:

Try all of this:

e. Click OK.

Well done for one of the more helpful posts this month.:clap:

peanut 10-05-2012 10:02

Shame this copy / paste jobbie was made in 2009 to qualify.

Maggy 10-05-2012 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35425879)
Shame this copy / paste jobbie was made in 2009 to qualify.

Possibly but my remark about it being one of the more helpful posts this month still stands as tich found it helpful.

The frequency of helpful posts has dropped dramatically around the site and I'm truly sad to see it.:(

peanut 10-05-2012 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35425881)
Possibly but my remark about it being one of the more helpful posts this month still stands as tich found it helpful.

The frequency of helpful posts has dropped dramatically around the site and I'm truly sad to see it.:(

On the plus side you can say people aren't asking as many questions, so there's nothing much to answer to. I'm sure any questions (technical or not) put to this forum will always be dealt with very well. So to say helpful posts have dropped (in your context) is a tad out of sorts.

Maggy 10-05-2012 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35425884)
On the plus side you can say people aren't asking as many questions, so there's nothing much to answer to. I'm sure any questions (technical or not) put to this forum will always be dealt with very well. So to say helpful posts have dropped (in your context) is a tad out of sorts.

I get around a lot of the site.People are still asking questions but sadly they don't always get the level of patience that is sometimes required possibly because it's the same or similar question for help that has been answered before.Repetition possibly has become boring.:)