Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : CNN (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711343)

Rillington 20-09-2022 16:37

CNN

A year after CNN was removed from Virgin Media, I was wondering what people think might be the chances of CNN returning to the VM platform.

1andrew1 20-09-2022 18:26

Re: CNN

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36134548)
A year after CNN was removed from Virgin Media, I was wondering what people think might be the chances of CNN returning to the VM platform.

Can't see that changing but CNN's owners have merged with Discovery so its distribution methods might broaden in the future - perhaps being available on Discovery +.

Dude111 20-09-2022 20:34

Who cares about CNN anyway??

I dont think there is anything reliable reported there,they are a mainstream entity FROM THE STATES which in my opinion makes them not worthy!!

Mr K 20-09-2022 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36134589)
Who cares about CNN anyway??

I dont think there is anything reliable reported there,they are a mainstream entity FROM THE STATES which in my opinion makes them not worthy!!

That Wolf whatshisname is entertaining on election night. CNN is cool Dude111, you know it ;)

Dude111 21-09-2022 00:43

Hehe yes he is entering an election :D

I suppose for that they may produce!!

nialli 21-09-2022 16:18

I think TimeWarner shot themselves in the foot when they changed CNN's European distribution. Hopefully the new owners will see sense and return it to our screens.
Until then, NBC News Now (channel 614) is a decent substitute if you want US news.

Rillington 21-09-2022 18:00

I don't think that VM would have launched NBC News Now if CNN had remained on the platform.

vincerooney 23-09-2022 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36134637)
I think TimeWarner shot themselves in the foot when they changed CNN's European distribution. Hopefully the new owners will see sense and return it to our screens.
Until then, NBC News Now (channel 614) is a decent substitute if you want US news.

it is a decent substitute you're right. i wonder why we get the online version of nbc news and not their main news channel tho?

ozsat 25-09-2022 18:43

The main version in the US is NBC News Now. NBC News itself is lots of regional versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36134827)
it is a decent substitute you're right. i wonder why we get the online version of nbc news and not their main news channel tho?

vincerooney 26-09-2022 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36134954)
The main version in the US is NBC News Now. NBC News itself is lots of regional versions.

Ah i didn't know. Thanks for the info!

Rillington 28-09-2022 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36134827)

Their main rolling news channel was MSNBC but it became more orientated towards political discussion rather than a news channel which i assume os why NBC News Now launched which then expanded to the UK.

I think NBC News Now and CNN would compliment each other very well with NBC News Now being rolling news, albeit only on weekdays, with CNN which mixes international news bulletins with CNN USA which is mostly devoted to news and discussion of US politics.

Cobalt 13-10-2022 16:13

It's pretty easy to stream CNN to any TV with chromecast, as Rakuten picked it up for its free live tv service and you can stream it from their site.

It's not actually listed as a channel for some reason, but if you go here you can watch or cast it.

epsilon 17-10-2022 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobalt (Post 36136697)
It's pretty easy to stream CNN to any TV with chromecast, as Rakuten picked it up for its free live tv service and you can stream it from their site.

It's not actually listed as a channel for some reason, but if you go here you can watch or cast it.

Probably a licensing restriction for browser access. The TV based apps (at least the ones I have seen) do list CNN.

vincerooney 18-10-2022 01:13

Seems daft for CNN not to come back to sky or virgin now. They've taken huge steps back over the last 2 years.

RichardCoulter 18-10-2022 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36137423)
Seems daft for CNN not to come back to sky or virgin now. They've taken huge steps back over the last 2 years.

CNN didn't leave satellite when it was removed from Virgin. It's still on Sky and Freesat/generic receivers can receive it too as it's FTA.