Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710629)

Mick 01-12-2021 12:42

Coronavirus

New thread as old one has now surpassed 8K posts.

Rules are short and simple - Keep it civil - those who fail to abide by this could see themselves unable to participate in this discussion.

pip08456 01-12-2021 14:04

Re: Coronavirus

Posted by Hugh in the previous thread.

Quote:

My proposition was based on the scientific evidence that immunisations and masks reduce infection and transmission, his is based on ?
I've found a taalk by Dr Bryan Brindle an Associate Professor of Viral Immunology. He back up his talk with the scientific evidence.

He covers 3 areas, Rapid Antigen Tests (esp. Canadian Gov. guidelines), General and child mask wearing efficiacy and finally child age 5-11 vaccination.

As regards masks it starts about 16.15 minutes in. Quite an interesting talk. I'm sure Pierre will enjoy it.

Mick 01-12-2021 14:18

BREAKING: COVID-19: Most Omicron cases are 'mild' and there's no evidence to suggest vaccines may be less effective against the variant, says WHO official

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...s-who-12483729

Hugh 01-12-2021 14:23

Here’s his paper (written April 24 this year) on the same subjects, for those who don’t want to watch the video.

https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploa...ram-Bridle.pdf

And counterpoint…

https://byrambridle.com/

Dr Brindle’s claim
Quote:

we never knew the spike protein itself was a toxin and was a pathogenic protein. So by vaccinating people we are inadvertently inoculating them with a toxin
Reality
Quote:

There is no spike protein in the mRNA vaccines

Bridle is combining several different anti-vaccine claims that have already been addressed by experts:
Dr. Derek Lowe describes the differences between the viral spike protein, and the protein produced by your cells.
This explains why the spike protein produced by your cells can't hurt you.
Dr. David Gorski further describes the spike protein, and addresses the source of this misconception in incredible detail

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36103695)
BREAKING: COVID-19: Most Omicron cases are 'mild' and there's no evidence to suggest vaccines may be less effective against the variant, says WHO official

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...s-who-12483729

Good news

nomadking 01-12-2021 14:38

So how come German ICUs are reaching capacity?
Link

Quote:

The EU must consider mandatory vaccination in response to the spread of the “highly contagious” Omicron Covid variant across Europe, the European Commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, has said.
Usual example of whatever Germany decides, the rest of the EU is forced to follow.

Jaymoss 01-12-2021 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36103699)
Link

Usual example of whatever Germany decides, the rest of the EU is forced to follow.

Still Delta hitting the anti vaxxers I assume

They have been rapidly approaching capacity well in advance of Omicron

nomadking 01-12-2021 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36103704)
Still Delta hitting the anti vaxxers I assume

They have been rapidly approaching capacity well in advance of Omicron

So Covid is currently a serious issue, even without Omicron.

Sephiroth 01-12-2021 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36103699)
Link

Delta variant, I presume, in conjunction with insufficient vaccinnation take-up.

Pierre 01-12-2021 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36103696)
Good news

Hope that helps.

Jaymoss 01-12-2021 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36103705)

who said otherwise??

Chris 01-12-2021 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36103705)

In much of continental Europe, yes it certainly is. They are beginning to experience the same wave of infections we rode out from summer onwards, having unlocked earlier and more fully. Add to that their greater problem with anti-vax sentiment and the fact that they’re suffering it at a time of year when respiratory infections are always worse, and it’s not looking great for them.

Sephiroth 01-12-2021 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36103711)
In much of continental Europe, yes it certainly is. They are beginning to experience the same wave of infections we rode out from summer onwards, having unlocked earlier and more fully. Add to that their greater problem with anti-vax sentiment and the fact that they’re suffering it at a time of year when respiratory infections are always worse, and it’s not looking great for them.

Macron shares some significant blame for that. I wonder if there is any finger pointing going on in the western EU.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

The BBC News website has this story:

Quote:

The Co-op has become the latest supermarket chain to say it will not enforce new mask-wearing rules to avoid their staff being abused by customers.

Mask rules were reintroduced in England on Tuesday after concerns about the Omicron coronavirus variant. It's now mandatory to wear them in shops and public transport, among other places.

Supermarkets are taking a light touch approach with Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and Iceland not challenging customers.

Industry body The British Retail Consortium said it is up to police to enforce face mask rules, not retailers.
Seems the class of customer is what is driving this wilful disregard for the law. In Waitrose today, everyone was wearing a mask.

papa smurf 01-12-2021 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36103713)
Macron shares some significant blame for that. I wonder if there is any finger pointing going on in the western EU.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

The BBC News website has this story:

Seems the class of customer is what is driving this wilful disregard for the law. In Waitrose today, everyone was wearing a mask.

What class is that then, upper gutter?

Pierre 01-12-2021 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36103713)

Well that kind like to feel superior to the oiks.

Sephiroth 01-12-2021 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36103724)
What class is that then, upper gutter?

Pap, that was uncalled for. I am a Waitrose customer and I'm sure you don't include me in "upper gutter"!