Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Charlie_Bubble 31-12-2008 15:11

Re: what game are you playing

Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia. Finding PoP a bit frustrating. The control system is a bit random.

Graham M 31-12-2008 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonyBrainAid (Post 34707015)
What server do you play on?

Hellfire mainly and Wildhammer occasionally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble (Post 34707096)
...Prince of Persia. Finding PoP a bit frustrating. The control system is a bit random.

Glad I picked up Mirrors Edge instead then, controls are difficult to get used to as it uses more or less every button on the pad, but once you've got it, it's ok :)

Hugh 31-12-2008 17:19

COD:WAW (at last).

Finally changed the one I had for one with a manual/key code, installed it yesterday, and downloaded and installed the patch.

Now working my way through the solo game - enjoying it muchly so far.

Hom3r 31-12-2008 19:04

Started my birthday pressie last night Fallout 3.

It starts literally at your birth, then moves to when you are one year old and you have to walk to you daddy.

MadGamer 01-01-2009 20:09

Call Of Duty: World At War

icestar2 02-01-2009 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 34707118)
Glad I picked up Mirrors Edge instead then, controls are difficult to get used to as it uses more or less every button on the pad, but once you've got it, it's ok :)

Me to, The DLC is looking intresting. Cant wait to give that a try. Thought it was a great game if not a bit short. Would love to see the game kept alive with more DLC until hopefully a Mirrors Edge 2 is announced :)

If I remember rightly Dice said something about it being a trilogy if the first was a success. I hope it was !

Tezcatlipoca 02-01-2009 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34706901)
I'm back on The Orange Box (360).

Really need to actually get round to finishing it...

Finally finished Half-Life 2 this evening, & have since started on Episode 1.

LemonyBrainAid 02-01-2009 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 34707118)
Hellfire mainly and Wildhammer occasionally

I have a few friends on hellfire - Horde or Alliance?

MadGamer 02-01-2009 12:18

Just finished CoD: WaW. IMO the single player was too short, but Ill keep it for the online play.

Charlie_Bubble 02-01-2009 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by icestar2 (Post 34707873)
Me to, The DLC is looking intresting. Cant wait to give that a try. Thought it was a great game if not a bit short. Would love to see the game kept alive with more DLC until hopefully a Mirrors Edge 2 is announced :)

If I remember rightly Dice said something about it being a trilogy if the first was a success. I hope it was !

The fact it dropped to about £20 a couple of weeks after release should tell you something... :)

I haven't tried the demo as it doesn't interest me, but a couple of friends said it made them feel sick. Apparently quite a few people feel this way after playing, not exactly a good advert for the game.

icestar2 02-01-2009 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble (Post 34707994)
The fact it dropped to about £20 a couple of weeks after release should tell you something... :)

I haven't tried the demo as it doesn't interest me, but a couple of friends said it made them feel sick. Apparently quite a few people feel this way after playing, not exactly a good advert for the game.

Dropped yes but this was also happening with alot of games the last couple months. Was bad timming for a released tbh because there as just way to much out between october and christmas.

As for making people feel sick I'v never had that at all from it but I have read some people have but this is nothing new. Its just blown out of proportion as usual. Plenty of games in the past have had similair effects on a small number.

If it does not intrest you fair enough but I think it was a brilliant change the to normal aim and shooting games that just keep popping out.

Stephen 02-01-2009 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble (Post 34707994)

Its a fantastic game and many games recently have dropped in price, mostly due to so many games getting released and people not having the same amount of cash to spend.

Motion sickness has always effected people playing games, its nothing new. This game is not to blame for that at all.

Uncle Peter 02-01-2009 21:29

Just finished unlocking all of the wrestlers in SVR2009. The lad and myself can now indulge in "brutalising" Ric Flair over the weekend ;)

dilli-theclaw 02-01-2009 21:33

Oolite on mac

Gavin78 03-01-2009 21:10

At the moment I play Navyfield on and off have been since 2005, started playing Mass Effect on pc and the old startrek Armada 2.

I joined Metaboli through Game and Pay £7 a month to download games from them. although you can only play these by logging onto your account. some kind of security protection to stop you from burning the games to CD.

Just bought a Wii but haven't had a chance to play many games with it and last year got an old retro console....Amiga CD32 so played a few games on that.