Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hamas Israel War (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712196)

Chris 07-10-2023 20:44

Hamas Israel War

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67041679

Really don’t know where to start with this. Somewhat surprised it’s not a thread on here already. One thing’s for sure, the bloodshed is only just starting. And it’s also worth noting that there is video circulating of Hamas using drone-dropped grenades to very precisely take out Israeli tanks. There are only two militaries in the world that so far have developed the skills to do this. Hamas has been trained either by Ukraine or by Russia. I wonder which it is.

Jaymoss 07-10-2023 20:52

Re: Hamas terrorists invade Israel, kill civilians and take hostages

Israel will hit them hard and all we will see then is Hamas crying about it

jfman 07-10-2023 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36161464)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67041679

Really don’t know where to start with this. Somewhat surprised it’s not a thread on here already. One thing’s for sure, the bloodshed is only just starting. And it’s also worth noting that there is video circulating of Hamas using drone-dropped grenades to very precisely take out Israeli tanks. There are only two militaries in the world that so far have developed the skills to do this. Hamas has been trained either by Ukraine or by Russia. I wonder which it is.

Only two militaries have put it into practice publicly.

Given it's quite a primitive technology, if a military of relative novices like Ukraine without any assistance (no laughing at the back) could develop it then there's no reason to expect that the Iranians or anyone else couldn't do the same. Or a well known group of mercenaries active in North Africa. Indeed Russia have been heavily reliant on Iran for drones, not the other way around.

Ms NTL 07-10-2023 21:21

terrorists?

BBC calls them militants.

Sky calls them Hamas fighters as well as militants.

Chris 07-10-2023 21:36

A man who takes up arms in order to randomly kill, rape and take hostages is a terrorist. If Hamas was the recognised army of a recognised country, then the these men might, at best, be considered war criminals. But it isn’t. And they’re not.

The language of “militant” and “fighter” represents years of well-meant attempts to be even handed and neutral in reporting on Palestine-Israel but here and now it’s plain equivocation. These men sit in precisely the same category as the Al-Qaeda terrorists who hijacked planes on 9/11 and used them to murder 1,000s of people in New York and Washington.

TheDaddy 07-10-2023 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36161472)
A man who takes up arms in order to randomly kill, rape and take hostages is a terrorist. If Hamas was the recognised army of a recognised country, then the these men might, at best, be considered war criminals. But it isn’t. And they’re not.

The language of “militant” and “fighter” represents years of well-meant attempts to be even handed and neutral in reporting on Palestine-Israel but here and now it’s plain equivocation. These men sit in precisely the same category as the Al-Qaeda terrorists who hijacked planes on 9/11 and used them to murder 1,000s of people in New York and Washington.

Wasn't there an incident yesterday where settlers attacked a Palestinian village and killed people? Not saying two wrongs make a right or excusing anything or even that they're as bad as each other, just that it happened

Chris 07-10-2023 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36161477)
Wasn't there an incident yesterday where settlers attacked a Palestinian village and killed people? Not saying two wrongs make a right or excusing anything or even that they're as bad as each other, just that it happened

They attack, beat up and occasionally kill each other all the time. Nobody covers themselves in humanitarian glory in that part of the world and much of the time they’re as bad as each other.

The fact that these things happen doesn’t excuse or justify today’s events in the slightest. In fact it’s safer not to casually link the two even in conversation, just so as that remains clear.

A lot of the people I follow for Ukraine analysis have started talking about this today so sadly on my Tw*tter feed I’ve seen some stuff I would rather not have (not everyone uses the ‘sensitive content’ screen when sharing graphic video sadly). Seriously, this was a planned and co-ordinated rape-pillage-destroy expedition that would have shamed the Vikings.

nomadking 07-10-2023 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36161477)

Is that the one which was a response to an attack on Israelis?
Did Hamas get thousands of rockets and plan all this overnight?

jfman 07-10-2023 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36161478)
They attack, beat up and occasionally kill each other all the time. Nobody covers themselves in humanitarian glory in that part of the world and much of the time they’re as bad as each other.

The fact that these things happen doesn’t excuse or justify today’s events in the slightest. In fact it’s safer not to casually link the two even in conversation, just so as that remains clear.

A lot of the people I follow for Ukraine analysis have started talking about this today so sadly on my Tw*tter feed I’ve seen some stuff I would rather not have (not everyone uses the ‘sensitive content’ screen when sharing graphic video sadly). Seriously, this was a planned and co-ordinated rape-pillage-destroy expedition that would have shamed the Vikings.

In other words it’s safer to censor debate than engage with the fact Israel also commit war crimes in the occupied territories.

It doesn’t excuse or justify. It is absolutely a catalyst.

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36161479)

And round and round we go.

Paul 08-10-2023 00:19

I think whatever "victories" they may claim they made today will be short lived, this is not going to end well for Hamas.

Jaymoss 08-10-2023 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36161483)
I think whatever "victories" they may claim they made today will be short lived, this is not going to end well for Hamas.

Or the innocents Hamas surround their weapons caches with in an attempt to dissuade Israel from attacking

Pierre 08-10-2023 00:56

If I was Israel, I would completely destroy Gaza, just flatten it.

I know that’s what Hamas want, but i would give it to them in spades.

Give them 24hrs warning, then flatten it.

Ms NTL 08-10-2023 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36161485)
If I was Israel, I would completely destroy Gaza, just flatten it.

I know that’s what Hamas want, but i would give it to them in spades.

As Hezbollah won the previous war.

Arabs ain't humans. Flatten them. Shame on you. Despicable person.

Paul 08-10-2023 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36161485)

Pretty much what they think as well (perhaps not flatten, but certainly attack).

Quote:

Israel warns Gaza residents to flee homes ahead of revenge attacks.
[BBC Coverage]

TheDaddy 08-10-2023 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36161478)

That's the problem, the fact these things happen is what leads directly to this and Jerusalem has been in my timeline for weeks, starting with the assaults on people at the mosque, then those extremist Jews spitting at Christians, almost as if there was something brewing with hindsight, lots of conspiracies on there now about Russian involvement and the Taliban asking for passage to join the fight through Syria

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36161479)

Well well, look whose crawled out the woodwork just in time, it's the zionists number one defender, so much so you are Mark Regev and I'm claiming a fiver

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms NTL (Post 36161486)
As Hezbollah won the previous war.

Arabs ain't humans. Flatten them. Shame on you. Despicable person.

She knows you well Pierre :D