Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Charlie Farley (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711871)

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 16:47

Charlie Farley

You couldn't make it up!

From today's Torygraph:

Quote:

Pledging allegiance to the King from your sofa is voluntary, says Lambeth Palace after backlash

Lambeth Palace has defended the decision to ask members of the public to pledge allegiance to the King following a backlash on social media.

In a significant break with tradition, the King has scrapped the act of hereditary peers kneeling to “pay homage” before touching the crown and kissing the monarch’s right cheek.

Instead, he has introduced a “Homage of the People” that will allow “a chorus of a million voices” to participate for the first time by joining the congregation at Westminster Abbey in declaring their allegiance to the King.

The polls show low public interest in the Coronation.

Just remind, Charlie, head of the CofE, was an adulterer (7th Commandment) and was indirectly responsible for Diana's death.

Plus, his eyes are too close together!

Ms NTL 01-05-2023 16:57

Re: Charlie Farley

The real bad news is the Aussies found that the coronation oil makes a crappy marinade for the coronation barbie. Also, the coronation quiche is lethal too, it contains broad beans that causes too much farting.

They are going republican soon.

PS Are Charlie and Camilla tampons on sale anywhere, they had a fetish with them.....

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 17:01

Having this week returned from a few weeks in Oz, that just about sums up their attitude to that idiot.

Hugh 01-05-2023 17:03

Adultery - sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than that person's current spouse.

On that note, how is John Redwood?

jfman 01-05-2023 17:08

I thought this was a thread about the bloke in Casualty at first.

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36150871)
Adultery - sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than that person's current spouse.

On that note, how is John Redwood?

Not the King of England.

Maggy 01-05-2023 17:16

We get an extra day off.

Paul 01-05-2023 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150868)
and was indirectly responsible for Diana's death.

How ?

Jaymoss 01-05-2023 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36150875)
How ?

Well if he had not married her to spawn the next generation or committed adultery later then it would be highly unlikely that she would have died in a car crash in Paris and that is without the conspiracy theories about her death being caused deliberately that I do actually believe

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36150875)
How ?

What Jaymoss said.

Hugh 01-05-2023 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36150877)
Well if he had not married her to spawn the next generation or committed adultery later then it would be highly unlikely that she would have died in a car crash in Paris and that is without the conspiracy theories about her death being caused deliberately that I do actually believe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150878)
What Jaymoss said.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/a/img856/9090/jca.gif

Chris 01-05-2023 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36150868)
You couldn't make it up!

From today's Torygraph:

The polls show low public interest in the Coronation.

Just remind, Charlie, head of the CofE, was an adulterer (7th Commandment) and was indirectly responsible for Diana's death.

Plus, his eyes are too close together!

Maybe best not to selectively quote the Bible unless you know what you’re doing with it.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” - from the mouth of the Man himself. Or how about “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Seeing as you’re interested in his adultery. Hint: none of the religious experts who wanted Jesus to condemn the adulterer actually picked up a stone when challenged. They all slunk off.

Also a lot of stuff about repentance, forgiveness and the like. We have no idea really how he’s dealt with all that in the well over 25 years since those events.

As for the oath of allegiance, I imagine it sounded like a great idea when they thought it up in some back office in Buckingham Palace. When you frame it as opening something to all people which was previously reserved to the nobility it even sounds quite modern and forward looking. They appear however not to have looked at the actual words they were proposing we say or thinking through what they actually mean.

It does rather lay bare the essential difference between a king and an elected president, though as a people we are so unruly I wonder whether we’d be any happier being asked to swear allegiance to the Flag, or a Republic, or some such.

Jaymoss 01-05-2023 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36150883)
Maybe best not to selectively quote the Bible unless you know what you’re doing with it.

But then there is Matthew 5 the good old sermon on the mount, isn't there that isn't quite as forgiving or tame

Sephiroth 01-05-2023 18:14

I knew what I was doing with my reference to the Bible.

Charlie is head of the CoE and an adulterer.

jfman 01-05-2023 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36150881)
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

The butterfly effect.