Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710629)

mrmistoffelees 16-12-2021 19:38

Re: Coronavirus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36106015)
Isn't that what I said? I said he caught the virus because he didn't have the vaccinations.

No, you said he caught the virus due to not being vaccinated, the vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it, but provides significant protection against serious illness/death

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36106013)
Gosh i never considered that, well spotted you clever boy.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

do have the medical records to hand?

Behave yourself, people need tinfoil at Christmas

Mad Max 16-12-2021 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36106017)
No, you said he caught the virus due to not being vaccinated, the vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it, but provides significant protection against serious illness/death

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Behave yourself, people need tinfoil at Christmas

Yeah, I know that, and you knew fine well what I meant when I more or less said if he had been vaccinated he would not have been hospitalised and unfortunately died, stop nit-picking ffs.

mrmistoffelees 16-12-2021 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36106019)
Yeah, I know that, and you knew fine well what I meant when I more or less said if he had been vaccinated he would not have been hospitalised and unfortunately died, stop nit-picking ffs.

it’s not nit picking. It could be misread or misinterpreted by some.

Stop taking it personally

Mad Max 16-12-2021 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36106020)
it’s not nit picking. It could be misread or misinterpreted by some.

Stop taking it personally

Yes, obviously by you!:rolleyes:

mrmistoffelees 16-12-2021 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36106021)
Yes, obviously by you!:rolleyes:

Yes, obviously…. Enjoy your evening.

jfman 16-12-2021 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36106007)
So, he’s making it all up then ?

If it’s LBC it’s probably a producer.

nomadking 16-12-2021 20:02

Quote:

Seeing as he apparently had little or no contact with others, lack of vaccination seems irrelevant.
Link
Quote:

John told LBC: "He was a recluse to be honest. He never left the house, had all his food delivered and only left the house to go to the bins and the postbox.
Official stats show that there was a death in Northampton in that time frame.
Link
Quote:

Deaths in Northampton
There were 0 deaths within 28 days of a positive test for coronavirus reported on 16 December 2021.
Between 10 December 2021 and 16 December 2021, there have been 1 deaths within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test. This shows a decrease of -85.7% compared to the previous 7 days.

Taf 16-12-2021 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36106003)
Huh?

She will have a PCR test done as she leaves the hospital, so we are to self-isolate together as a household, until she gets a negative test result back.

If it comes back positive, we are to do regular LFT tests and self-isolate a further 10 days. She and our twins are in the "vulnerable" category.

But I have not been able to get hold of any LFT packs. :(:(:(

Mad Max 16-12-2021 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36106024)
Seeing as he apparently had little or no contact with others, lack of vaccination seems irrelevant.
Link
Official stats show that there was a death in Northampton in that time frame.
Link

Would it not have been better for him to have been vaccinated anyway, after all, whether he was in contact with anyone or not I would have thought that most elderly people would have taken the vaccinations to be on the safe side.

nomadking 16-12-2021 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36106026)
Would it not have been better for him to have been vaccinated anyway, after all, whether he was in contact with anyone or not I would have thought that most elderly people would have taken the vaccinations to be on the safe side.

Compared to completely isolating yourself, going out for a total of 3 jabs is a bigger risk. If he would've had to travel by public transport that would've been an even bigger risk.

Carth 16-12-2021 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36106027)
Compared to completely isolating yourself, going out for a total of 3 jabs is a bigger risk.

It seems not.

If everything stated is correct ;)

Paul 16-12-2021 20:41

Quote:

Its not nit picking, its been repeated many times now that vaccinations do not stop you catching the virus. Your statement was wrong.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36106025)
But I have not been able to get hold of any LFT packs. :(:(:(

Order them online ?
I tried to get some locally yesterday, none available, I could order some though.

nomadking 16-12-2021 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36106028)
It seems not.

If everything stated is correct ;)

:confused: How is going out for a total of 3 jabs, not more of a risk than isolating yourself?

Paul 16-12-2021 20:59

How is the "risk" measured.

Mad Max 16-12-2021 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36106033)
Its not nit picking, its been repeated many times now that vaccinations do not stop you catching the virus. Your statement was wrong.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Order them online ?
I tried to get some locally yesterday, none available, I could order some though.

Ok, what I should have said was that if he had the vaccinations it would have probably helped him not being hospitalised, that better?