Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   General : 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709513)

Jaymoss 01-04-2021 11:08

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36075873)
You did right. I had many problems with this dreadful company at the end of last year; legal action is the only language that they appear to understand.

IMO their MO is to be as awkward, time consuming and difficult as possible with their paying customers. Their lack of business sense & arrogance is jaw dropping and even Ofcom have told them to 'up their game'.

In their current state I don't believe that they are fit to hold a licence to operate, but if they lost it it would risk a lot of jobs. The best we can hope for is for it to be sold.


Is it not the MO of pretty much every company to avoid paying back or out anything that could be avoided including taxes refunds and so on? Greed is the ugly side of capitalism

Carth 01-04-2021 11:46

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36075889)
Is it not the MO of pretty much every company to avoid paying back or out anything that could be avoided including taxes refunds and so on? Greed is the ugly side of capitalism

You've got that right :tu:

I reckon the job of most Company/Business owners is to make money hand over fist, whether that's to repay investors, upgrade infrastructure and equipment, or simply just to buy a nice yacht in Monaco.

99% of managers will tell you their job is to make money, not make people happy ;)

Itshim 01-04-2021 18:06

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
I'm in by
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36075894)
You've got that right :t

99% of managers will tell you their job is to make money, not make people happy ;)

Pretty pointless running business and lose money. :erm:

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36075894)
You've got that right :t

99% of managers will tell you their job is to make money, not make people happy ;)

Pretty pointless running business and lose money. :er
Personally if it had be me l would have not gone down that route.. l would said that you supply and fit it. I will pay you once and only once it is working. . :dig::dig:

rtho782 02-04-2021 19:55

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36075873)
You did right. I had many problems with this dreadful company at the end of last year; legal action is the only language that they appear to understand.

IMO their MO is to be as awkward, time consuming and difficult as possible with their paying customers. Their lack of business sense & arrogance is jaw dropping and even Ofcom have told them to 'up their game'.

In their current state I don't believe that they are fit to hold a licence to operate, but if they lost it it would risk a lot of jobs. The best we can hope for is for it to be sold.

Totally agree. Never in my life have I dealt with a company that just don't care like VM. They know, that over most of their network, they have little or no competition - "Oh, don't like how we operate? Go ahead and cancel your 500mbit connection and live with 30mbit FTTC". Nobody takes ownership of anything, their primary objective is just to get you off the phone, or just put you back in the call queue for another 45m wait in the hope you give up. Or ignore a complaint for 3 months until you have forgotten the details of the complaint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36075889)
Is it not the MO of pretty much every company to avoid paying back or out anything that could be avoided including taxes refunds and so on? Greed is the ugly side of capitalism

Not every company. Some want to keep their customers, and avoid bad publicity. Some ISPs are even B Companies, or CICs. Zen is a B company. ( https://bcorporation.uk/ ) I think B4RN were originally a CIC?

Jaymoss 02-04-2021 20:01

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtho782 (Post 36076007)


Not every company. Some want to keep their customers, and avoid bad publicity. Some ISPs are even B Companies, or CICs. Zen is a B company. ( https://bcorporation.uk/ ) I think B4RN were originally a CIC?

I never said every company I said pretty much every company which allows for the few that are not. I would also put it to you the when I said paying back or out or anything that could be avoided including taxes refunds and so on? does not just apply to CS. I would hazard a fair few of the ones you mentioned avoid as much tax as possible and some may even pay minimum wage

bluebaron 29-04-2021 13:13

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Update:

CCJ awarded today, (all costs plus court costs). VM have 30 days to make payment or I move to enforcement, which I guess means I call "can't pay we take it away" and they raid the offices! lol

Jaymoss 29-04-2021 13:21

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebaron (Post 36078287)
Update:

CCJ awarded today, (all costs plus court costs). VM have 30 days to make payment or I move to enforcement, which I guess means I call "can't pay we take it away" and they raid the offices! lol

excellent result. I hope they just cough up nicely. Once finished I would sell the story to the tabloids to or at least get it public. VM could have so easily made this a lot easier for you

Skie 02-05-2021 00:34

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebaron (Post 36078287)
Update:

CCJ awarded today, (all costs plus court costs). VM have 30 days to make payment or I move to enforcement, which I guess means I call "can't pay we take it away" and they raid the offices! lol

Noice! That'll be a 5% fee thank you ;)

RichardCoulter 02-05-2021 02:05

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebaron (Post 36078287)
Update:

CCJ awarded today, (all costs plus court costs). VM have 30 days to make payment or I move to enforcement, which I guess means I call "can't pay we take it away" and they raid the offices! lol

Excellent news, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ignore the court order and you have to take further action.

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36078289)
excellent result. I hope they just cough up nicely. Once finished I would sell the story to the tabloids to or at least get it public. VM could have so easily made this a lot easier for you

Agreed. Telling the story will help to get the word out about them so that potential customers are forewarned. The Telegraph have been very good about getting the word out.

bluebaron 16-06-2021 13:54

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Well as mentioned above they totally ignored the CCJ and my follow up letters so I took it to the high court and sent the Bailiffs round to their offices in reading.

They have recovered the amount from them now so just have to wait a legal 14 days before they can send me the money.

Jaymoss 16-06-2021 14:14

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Hope it ends up on TV

Just imagine. If you don't pay we'll take it away executes warrant on Virgin Media offices. Would love it

I know it will hardly hurt their pockets but it would have cost them quite a bit more making it harder for you. Shameful really

Chris 16-06-2021 15:23

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebaron (Post 36083440)
Well as mentioned above they totally ignored the CCJ and my follow up letters so I took it to the high court and sent the Bailiffs round to their offices in reading.

They have recovered the amount from them now so just have to wait a legal 14 days before they can send me the money.

I would absolutely love to have seen that. Makes you wonder whether they got cash or goods, and how often it happens. It must have cost them a small fortune in fees on top of your claim. What a bunch of muppets.

Sephiroth 16-06-2021 15:47

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Watchdog

General Maximus 16-06-2021 19:35

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
They should be ashamed of themselves. I imagine they have a code of conduct and ethics as a responsible business and employer and if an investigation or review was done into this incident I wonder what the report would say..........

Skie 16-06-2021 22:45

Re: 3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me
 
Should have sent them to a headend. Lots of juicy kit there for resale at knockdown prices at auction.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.