Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Package change but not by me. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711089)

Taf 31-05-2022 16:29

Package change but not by me.

Last month's bill:

Premiere Collection
£99.85

Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
1 Additional TV Box
Virgin TV V6 Box, Powered By TiVo
TiVo Credit
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

This month's bill:

Bigger bundle
£94.85

Television:
Maxit TV
1 Additional TV Box
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

"Your package has changed. We've adjusted your services as requested from 29 April . These changes apply to the period charged on your last bill".

Credits (for services removed)
If you remove a service, we need to adjust your services and credit you for any advance period you may have already paid for and not used. These items won't appear in 'Your package' or any future bill (unless you add them back on).
Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
29 Apr - 27 May

Charges (for services added)
If you've added a service since your last bill, we may need to adjust your services and charge you from the date it was activated up until the end of your previous charge period. These items have been added to your account and will appear in 'Your package' later in this bill.

Television:
TiVo Credit
29 Apr - 27 May
Maxit TV
29 Apr - 27 May

It says the bill will be £94.85 but it says I have a 2p reduction which makes it £99.83! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

RobboEdin 31-05-2022 16:48

Re: Package change but not by me.

Virgin Media are tidying up ‘legacy’ bundles.
Your price, five pounds less, is explained by the fact Maxit does not contain the Kids Channels when compared to Full House.
If you need these, you can add them back in for £5 a month.
If you don’t, enjoy the £5 saving.

1701-e 31-05-2022 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36124167)
Last month's bill:

Premiere Collection
£99.85

Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
1 Additional TV Box
TiVo Credit
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

This month's bill:

Bigger bundle
£94.85

Television:
Maxit TV
1 Additional TV Box
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
Telephone:
Talk Weekends
Line Rental

"Your package has changed. We've adjusted your services as requested from 29 April . These changes apply to the period charged on your last bill".

Credits (for services removed)
If you remove a service, we need to adjust your services and credit you for any advance period you may have already paid for and not used. These items won't appear in 'Your package' or any future bill (unless you add them back on).
Television:
Full House TV (Xl)
29 Apr - 27 May

Charges (for services added)
If you've added a service since your last bill, we may need to adjust your services and charge you from the date it was activated up until the end of your previous charge period. These items have been added to your account and will appear in 'Your package' later in this bill.

Television:
TiVo Credit
29 Apr - 27 May
Maxit TV
29 Apr - 27 May

It says the bill will be £94.85 but it says I have a 2p reduction which makes it £99.83! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am paying £61 for the same bar the second TiVo but getting 350 mb. Worth a call to retentions.

qwakuk 31-05-2022 19:47

Definitely call Retentions and ask to be moved onto Ultimate Volt at £99. 1gb BB, 3 V6 boxes, Full Sports and Movies and a mobile sim. According to the bills, the full package price is £176pm

Taf 31-05-2022 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36124171)

Although the breakdown says £5 less, the final bill is only 2p less. :confused:

I'll give them a call.

Incidentally, when I recently called about a TV fault, the overseas operator tried his best to get me to "save money by adding a 5G SIM". I explained that my old Nokia is not a smart phone, let alone one that can use 5G. But he carried on trying to get me to "upgrade". If he had offered me higher speed, I might have taken him up on that. But saying that, I have never paid for a speed increase, VM just gave them to me for the same price.

Itshim 01-06-2022 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36124171)
Virgin Media are tidying up ‘legacy’ bundles.
Your price, five pounds less, is explained by the fact Maxit does not contain the Kids Channels when compared to Full House.
If you need these, you can add them back in for £5 a month.

Nothing happened to mine yet , thought maxit was a legacy package guess it's not :rolleyes:

RobboEdin 01-06-2022 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36124244)
Nothing happened to mine yet , thought maxit was a legacy package guess it's not :rolleyes:

No. Maxit is a current TV level.

Itshim 02-06-2022 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36124245)
No. Maxit is a current TV level.

Just looked at account mine is mix not mixit or maxit ,stupid names :cool:

RichardCoulter 02-06-2022 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36124307)
Just looked at account mine is mix not mixit or maxit ,stupid names :cool:

Not helped by them repeatedly changing the names. Since the company was sold to Liberty Global onwards i've never known as many pointless (and ridiculously named) changes.

BenMcr 03-06-2022 18:57

There have only really been two TV pack rebrands since Liberty Global purchased Virgin Media.

One where some of the TV packs went from the 'sizes' to names. Then when Mixit and Maxit launched to replace those older named packs.

cupcakes aka dd 19-06-2022 17:01

I’ve just renegotiated a package for 18 months. My old package included an additional Tivo which has now been removed without my permission. I called retentions and they said a member of staff would listen to the phone call to see if I had a case. At no point did I say please remove a box from the deal. I’ve heard nothing back. It’s an old TiVo you would think they would just switch it back on. It’s taken me from April 5th and multiple phone calls to sort out what should have just taken 15 minutes. Customer services at the moment .....

djmagnifique 19-06-2022 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd (Post 36125670)
I’ve just renegotiated a package for 18 months. My old package included an additional Tivo which has now been removed without my permission. I called retentions and they said a member of staff would listen to the phone call to see if I had a case. At no point did I say please remove a box from the deal. I’ve heard nothing back. It’s an old TiVo you would think they would just switch it back on. It’s taken me from April 5th and multiple phone calls to sort out what should have just taken 15 minutes. Customer services at the moment .....

If your complaint is more than 8 weeks old you can get it reviewed independently through CISAS https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/