Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Superhub : Hidden ssid (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710192)

Brunel 05-07-2021 13:29

Hidden ssid

1 Attachment(s)
I have disabled all WiFi.

No guest WiFi

Opted out of Virgin Media "Hotspot"

But.... it is still showing this Hidden SSID?

Using S.H.3
WiFi Analyzer app.

Jaymoss 05-07-2021 13:34

Re: Hidden ssid

does not mean it is you or maybe it is a smart device

Brunel 05-07-2021 13:37

Def. me... it goes immediately I turn SH3 off, and returns on re boot.

No other Wi-Fi equipment in use..

Brunel 07-07-2021 11:06

Is it possible, that the "Hidden SSID" is connected to the WiFi POD trial.

I found the POD just about ok, it was very hit & miss.

All packed away now.

Has the SH 3 "secretly" been updated, to produce this Hidden connection?

pip08456 07-07-2021 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunel (Post 36085537)
Is it possible, that the "Hidden SSID" is connected to the WiFi POD trial.

I found the POD just about ok, it was very hit & miss.

All packed away now.

Has the SH 3 "secretly" been updated, to produce this Hidden connection?

It could be because Intelligent Wifi Plus Service is an add on.

RobboEdin 07-07-2021 14:25

There are no Hidden SSIDs with the WiFi Pods. They inherit the same SSID as broadcast by the Hub3 or Hub4.

heero_yuy 07-07-2021 14:51

Have you got a V6? That has a wifi capability and might be active even if you have it connected via wired ethernet.

Brunel 07-07-2021 21:22

Have you got a V6? No.

Dude111 08-07-2021 00:27

I see the HIDDEN SSID option on mine but I havent ever used it,wont that make it so even MY COMPUTERR wont be able to connect?? (Im not sure how that works)

Brunel 15-07-2021 11:30

As a possible conclusion to this. I enabled 5GHz wireless on SH3 for 24 Hrs.

I then disabled the wireless.

I now find that there is no trace of the "Hidden SSID"

Will check at regular intervals.

Brunel 15-07-2021 20:05

1 Attachment(s)
Have just Rx'd this.

General Maximus 16-07-2021 08:27

pluck that. So VM want to change wifi settings without telling anyone what they are changing. How many calls to tech support do you think it is going to generate when things which were working fine before start experiencing problems?

Brunel 16-07-2021 09:37

Your gadgets connect to your home WiFi using two networks, depending on how far away you are from a Hub or Booster. Your home WiFi seems to have been split across two networks (2.4GHz and 5GHz) which might be down to old issues that’ve since been fixed.

Get more from your home WiFi
To stop your home WiFi being held back, we’d like to merge your two split networks into one Intelligent WiFi network. This’ll allow our latest Intelligent WiFi technology to switch your devices between the two WiFi networks while you move around the house – so you can enjoy better WiFi signal.

Intelligent WiFi also spots when your devices are running into a traffic jam and automatically switches them to a better network.

Don’t worry – if any of your devices only support the 2.4GHz network (perhaps because they’re older), Intelligent WiFi will pick that up and stop the device from switching between the two networks, helping it to perform at its best.

Giving you an even better connection, when you need it
The 2.4GHz network typically has the longest range. Like a marathon runner, it covers longer distances, slower. The 5GHz network covers short distances, faster – like a sprinter. This makes it best for gadgets nearer your Hub or Booster. Our Intelligent WiFi helps to make sure your gadgets connect to the best network.

To update your settings, there’s nothing you need to do – we’ll do it for you on 26th July. And if you don’t like how your WiFi’s performing after we’ve merged your networks, you can split them out again at any time by following these simple steps.

Don’t want to have your networks merged into one Intelligent WiFi network? Just let us know if you want to opt out by 26th July.

General Maximus 16-07-2021 10:15

And if you had a proper router it would be doing that already :rolleyes:

Dude111 17-07-2021 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunel
As a possible conclusion to this. I enabled 5GHz wireless on SH3 for 24 Hrs.

I then disabled the wireless.

I now find that there is no trace of the "Hidden SSID"

Will check at regular intervals.

Ahhh I suppose that would work but I reckon its a pain to have to do it even time.....