Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Virgin : The future of virgin mobile... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710492)

Itshim 22-11-2021 17:32

Re: The future of virgin mobile...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36102111)
:)Just off the phone to VM and happy to increase data on all three sim cards for a price reduction in the black Friday deals. Happy to continue

Guess people using O2 are with virgin and those using virgin are with Vodafone :erm:

Paul 22-11-2021 20:21

Existing Virgin Mobile customers are mostly still on EE (for 4G) or Vodaphone for 5G.
I believe new 4G customers go on Vodaphone now, and the rest will move to Vodaphone soon.

vincerooney 25-11-2021 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36102124)
Existing Virgin Mobile customers are mostly still on EE (for 4G) or Vodaphone for 5G.
I believe new 4G customers go on Vodaphone now, and the rest will move to Vodaphone soon.

The 5G in my area with o2 was awful so its definitely good to be with virgin mobile and vodafone. Not the strongest 5G signal but good enough for me!

TimeLord2018 13-02-2022 08:39

Virgin Media terminates landmark mobile phone deal, delivering another blow to Vodafone boss Nick Read
Quote:

The pair had agreed a five-year deal, running from January 2021, to launch 5G services for Virgin Mobile's three million customers.

The agreement ended a 20-year relationship with BT-owned EE.

But in a shock letter to bondholders, Virgin said 'notice has been given to cancel this agreement'.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...umps-deal.html

Itshim 13-02-2022 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36102307)
The 5G in my area with o2 was awful so its definitely good to be with virgin mobile and vodafone. Not the strongest 5G signal but good enough for me!

Horses for course's O2 is great for 5g here and Vodafone for me is rubbish . Good to see virgin still breaks contracts left right and centre :erm: wonder why anyone would trust any contact they commit too. :shocked:

Hugh 13-02-2022 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36113249)
Horses for course's O2 is great for 5g here and Vodafone for me is rubbish . Good to see virgin still breaks contracts left right and centre :erm: wonder why anyone would trust any contact they commit too. :shocked:

Most contracts have "break" clauses, allowing early termination, with notice, of a business relationship - this is completely different from unilaterally ending a contract.

Itshim 13-02-2022 15:26

Completely understand but virgin seem to have track record of doing it

Paul 13-02-2022 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36113251)
Completely understand but virgin seem to have track record of doing it

As does any business when they need to.

There is no reason now that VMO2 would need any agreement with vodaphone.

nodrogd 14-02-2022 11:20

The Vodafone termination has been coming for quite some time. It was hidden away in the Q2 2021 financial results that they were planning this last year:

(Scroll to the bottom of page 30 of the linked PDF):

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/wp-...rt-Q2-2021.pdf

Paul 14-02-2022 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 36113267)
The Vodafone termination has been coming for quite some time. It was hidden away in the Q2 2021 financial results that they were planning this last year

For anyone interested, this is the relevant text ;

Quote:

In November 2019, we entered into a new 5-year MVNO deal with Vodafone that enabled the launch of 5G services for
our mobile customers in the U.K. in January 2021. Following the formation of the Joint Venture, notice has been given to
cancel this MVNO agreement

Itshim 14-02-2022 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36113256)
As does any business when they need to.

We have managed never to do it in over 175 years of trading . :angel: our word is our bond .:D only once did it happen to us and family legend is it that my great grandfather closed them down . Can find no record but the story has been past down . Mind you we were trading with Cuba a lot at the time, so not sure how "legal" the dealings were at that time :shocked:

Hugh 14-02-2022 19:06

But they haven’t broken a contract - they’ve used part of the contract to end the relationship.

Pierre 15-02-2022 09:36

Did anyone on here seriously think that when VM announced they were to merge with O2 that Virgin Mobile would be a going concern?

Ditching Virgin Mobile (or at the very least moving it - but I think they'll ditch it) was probably one of the biggest synergies and cost saving of the whole deal.

Itshim 15-02-2022 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36113250)
Most contracts have "break" clauses, allowing early termination, with notice, of a business relationship - this is completely different from unilaterally ending a contract.

Totally accept what you say. Thought could this be the answer to a question posed here a number for times , why hasn't this channel , app etc appeared on virgin :confused:

RichardCoulter 16-02-2022 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36113340)
Did anyone on here seriously think that when VM announced they were to merge with O2 that Virgin Mobile would be a going concern?

Ditching Virgin Mobile (or at the very least moving it - but I think they'll ditch it) was probably one of the biggest synergies and cost saving of the whole deal.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I ditched Virgin Mobile ages ago, though whether their customers have moved out of the frying pan into the fire I don't know.as I don't know what the CS is like for the replacement.

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36113305)
But they haven’t broken a contract - they’ve used part of the contract to end the relationship.

True, but Virgin don't offer their customers the same option with their contracts. No get out clauses when it's them that stand to lose after people find out what they're like.