Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

spiderplant 17-04-2021 19:51

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36077105)
Sorry! Moda Furnishings based in Manchester.

Manchester's your least favourite city? :shocked: Have you never been to Birmingham? :D

Hugh 17-04-2021 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36077148)
Manchester's your least favourite city? :shocked: Have you never been to Birmingham? :D

It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)

GrimUpNorth 17-04-2021 20:43

Quote:

Been to Birmingham a couple of times and it's OK. We used to get the Brummy girl at work to say "Is there a Debenhams in Birmingham?", we would be laughing for hours!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36077151)
It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)

Something like that, but nothing to do with football. Nearly took a job with Highways England there a couple of years ago - really don't know what I was thinking!!

daveeb 17-04-2021 21:15

Quote:

It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)

It's also a Liverpool thing, having lived in both cities for long periods I suspect I know where the "least favourite" label is strongest :D

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Quote:

I'd have to agree with that, trumps Manchester for me which actually isn't too bad in parts. Birmingham seemed devoid of all atmosphere.

cimt 18-04-2021 00:29

Quote:

It’s a Leeds thing...

(aka Scumchester)

I have noticed when people have said that Leeds are playing them that they say that Leeds are playing ****. I've only been in Leeds 4 years though and I never heard them called **** before Leeds got in the Prem.

GrimUpNorth 18-04-2021 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36077163)
I have noticed when people have said that Leeds are playing them that they say that Leeds are playing ****. I've only been in Leeds 4 years though and I never heard them called **** before Leeds got in the Prem.

My reason for disliking the place was for many years I had to go regularly for meetings and normally felt quite travel sick after being thrown about on a lovely pacer train. For some reason the journey back was never that bad (maybe it was the few beers before we set off back??). Feeling quite queasy thinking about it!!!

Hugh 18-04-2021 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36077163)

I first heard it in the 80’s, when I moved to Leeds.

Hom3r 18-04-2021 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36077053)
People who put you on speaker when you call them.

Boils my blood. If you’re doing something when I call you that requires your attention just tell me, and I’ll call back when you can hold your phone to your ear like a normal human.

For me, it's the people doing that walking down the street.

I can hear the person on the phone louder that the person holding it, mid you wearing a mask you can get away with calling them a bell end and turn of the poxy speaker

Carth 22-04-2021 13:45

Went to Doctors surgery yesterday for blood pressure checks (high) with the nurse.

When I left the nurse I approached the reception to make an appointment to see a doctor (unrelated issue) . . . easy you'd think eh, seeing as I'm already there.

Oh no, not on your bloody life.

"Due to Covid, we try to keep the reception and waiting room (empty at the time) as clear as possible to reduce the risks of infection. You have to ring at 8am and we can then take the details and pass them on to a Doctor"

I don't understand for the life of me why my blood pressure is high :rolleyes:

joglynne 22-04-2021 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36077660)
Went to Doctors surgery yesterday for blood pressure checks (high) with the nurse.

When I left the nurse I approached the reception to make an appointment to see a doctor (unrelated issue) . . . easy you'd think eh, seeing as I'm already there.

"Due to Covid, we try to keep the reception and waiting room (empty at the time) as clear as possible to reduce the risks of infection. You have to ring at 8am and we can then take the details and pass them on to a Doctor"

Stress? :D :D :D

I went for an annual Blood Pressure check on Tuesday at my new practice. Always been fun watching the reaction when my White Coat Syndrome kicks off. Turned out, due to social distancing and covid + safety measures, I had to do it myself using an arm cuff and the extra stress gave me stratospheric readings, after 3 attempts I managed to bring the figure down to 135 /90.

Back again tomorrow to see the Dr just hope he reads my notes before I get there and takes into account my daily readings done at home with my calibrated BP monitor.

Hom3r 22-04-2021 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36077660)

I had to phone my doctor's surgery at 8am, I phoned at 8am exactly, the message said closed, phoned straight back still closed, again phoned back 8th in the queue, only to hear the dire hold music that will turn a sane man homicidal

Maggy 13-05-2021 09:22

Spoons! Where the hell are they? I'm sick of constantly replacing them.Even the plastic spoons have disappeared...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Julian 13-05-2021 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36079334)
Spoons! Where the hell are they? I'm sick of constantly replacing them.Even the plastic spoons have disappeared...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe having a dinner party and inviting Uri Geller wasn’t a good idea ;)

Maggy 14-05-2021 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 36079339)
Maybe having a dinner party and inviting Uri Geller wasn’t a good idea ;)

No a great big shouty,shout somehow induced a great finding of cutlery.;)

Hom3r 14-05-2021 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36079334)
Spoons! Where the hell are they? I'm sick of constantly replacing them. Even the plastic spoons have disappeared...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know what you mean, I cannot find 2 fancyish teaspoons.

I have about 8 that I got from work. I used one and kept it with my mug and would take home with the mug to was, and forgot Monday morning to take back.