Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Broken phone. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33697098)

Frizzfuzzbuzz 17-03-2014 17:06

Broken phone.

I am really not impressed with virgin. I had a Sony Xperia z, and less than 3 months after it got it, it would no longer charge. I sent it off to be repaired as it was obviously under warranty. I received it back (after having to chase it up over a week later) and was informed it was in the post. However when I got it it was not fixed, and the letter said It wasn't covered by warranty as it was physical damage, and I had said I didn't want to pay for it. This is rubbish, as they hadn't rung me at all before I chased it up. Also, nothing had happened to my phone, I had a case on it and it hadn't been in water. I've phoned ( waste of time) emailed (no reply) and have been told it's £150 to get it fixed. The whole situation is ridiculous, I have been messed around for over a month now with no phone. Anyone have any suggestions? I do not want, or have this amount of money to spend!

(Sorry for the rant!)

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

We also have internet, tv and two other mobiles with virgin, I feel like just cancelling everything!!!

swoop101 17-03-2014 17:34

Re: Broken phone.

It is a manufacturing fault with xperia phones. (they will not agree)
I have had 2 xperia U phone break after 3 months and was refused a warrantee fix.
It is the tiny center part of the charging socket, it broke off on both phones within a week of each other.
After many calls I got nowhere with Virgin as Sony will not accept it is a fault and will not let Virgin fix or replace.
I have never seen this fault on any other phone, ever.
You can get replacement bits on ebay for a few quid, so it must be common.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...+port&_sacat=0

Frizzfuzzbuzz 17-03-2014 18:25

Thank you! It is good to know it's not just my phone. Just found someone else who had this problem, and they managed to get sony to agree to fix it, so I'm going to try that before I try fixing it myself!
Thanks again :)

Jimmy-J 17-03-2014 18:31

I'd give retentions a call to let them know that you're thinking of leaving VM because of this upsetting problem. They might just be able to work something out?

I think it's 150 from a Virgin land-line, then select the "If you are thinking of leaving" option.

Good luck and don't give up the fight! ;)

thunderlips 27-03-2014 17:59

i have a htc on 24 month contract had it a year now last few months problems with it switching on, then last week it completely failed so i rang virgin up sent me out a jiffy bag next day, i posted it within two days got a phone call saying couldnt fix phone so giving me a new one ! well impressed ! got new phone next day ! thumbs up vm !

weenie 27-03-2014 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderlips (Post 35683887)
i have a htc on 24 month contract had it a year now last few months problems with it switching on, then last week it completely failed so i rang virgin up sent me out a jiffy bag next day, i posted it within two days got a phone call saying couldnt fix phone so giving me a new one ! well impressed ! got new phone next day ! thumbs up vm !

Well done :D

Sirius 27-03-2014 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderlips (Post 35683887)

Excellent :tu:

MalteseFalcon 27-03-2014 19:12

Might need to call them myself, my phone keeps dropping charge rapidly and also keeps restarting.