Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

matt-h 17-05-2009 18:45

Re: what game are you playing

Just gone back to Burnout Paradise and COD4 on the 360

icestar2 17-05-2009 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuxton (Post 34797158)
How playable is it? How does the car/boat work, can you both get into them?

Works a treat. Its had certain edits so you can play it with others like certain doors will stay open etc etc. Just done the jetski part and it auto spawns two jetski's each time so you both have one. It seems very well done tbh.

Hom3r 17-05-2009 20:00

Lego Indy on the X-box

Druchii 17-05-2009 20:07

I'm having trouble sticking to playing any game for longer than about 10mins these days...

kingbuxton 17-05-2009 21:41

Quote:

It seems very well done tbh.
Can I ask what you are using, I installed the Synergy thing in Steam (that seems to have Coop) be damned if I can get any friends into the game. I am in HL2.

How did you get it to work?

icestar2 17-05-2009 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuxton (Post 34797262)
Can I ask what you are using, I installed the Synergy thing in Steam (that seems to have Coop) be damned if I can get any friends into the game. I am in HL2.

How did you get it to work?

I played with a couple but am using the one you said which is Synergy. The problem is it does not give you the server address right so heres what to do.

1. Write down your IP address.
2. Create a server and remember which port you have said to use.
3. Once server is up tell your friend to type into the console "connect" followed by your ip and the port you choose so for example it would look like this - Connect 11.22.33.44:27015
4. Enjoy playing together :)

Also your server should show in the list eventually so you could get your friend to look that way but I found it was a bit hit and miss. if you do do it this way make sure they unclick the box that says "show maps" or something like that as if its ticked it does not show any servers for some reason.

kingbuxton 17-05-2009 22:37

Can't get it to work, no idea why. Did the connect IP:Port in both directions, opened the port on both routers, just wont connect nor can either of us see it in the server list.

Funny thing is a complete stranger connected to my game. It all seems pretty straightforward, no idea what is going wrong.

icestar2 18-05-2009 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuxton (Post 34797303)
Can't get it to work, no idea why. Did the connect IP:Port in both directions, opened the port on both routers, just wont connect nor can either of us see it in the server list.

Funny thing is a complete stranger connected to my game. It all seems pretty straightforward, no idea what is going wrong.

Were are you getting your IP from ? you sure its defo the right IP. We were using the wrong IP for a while because we were using the one that the game said but that was wrong its your own IP address that you need.

Hope you can get it working because its great fun playing it co-op.

kingbuxton 18-05-2009 19:57

Quote:

Were are you getting your IP from
IP Config.

icestar2 18-05-2009 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuxton (Post 34797793)
IP Config.

Strange. Thats how we got it working. Also your server must be showing in the browser list for someone to have connected to it. I found that sometimes mine showed up in the list and others it didnt. You wont see your own though but your friend should be able to. Sorry couldnt be more help.

There is a decent one for Garry's mod if you wana try it that way.

SB_07 18-05-2009 22:51

Brothers in arms & FIFA (360)

Really looking forward to UFC in a couple of days! That'll have to be my last games purchase until i've been on holiday in July, although i'll prob pick up FN4 in Holland \o/

Druchii 21-05-2009 20:51

Trackmania Nations Forever.

zing_deleted 21-05-2009 21:00

Terminator salvation and Damnation on the pc

Been playing Plants VS Zombies pop cap lol lol and Chess Titans

Silent Apache 27-05-2009 17:16

Playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 i started playing this series in 2000 and still at it,am just waiting for the all new 2010 version to come out later this year.
http://www.mytw.moonfruit.com/

matt-h 27-05-2009 17:35

Left For Dead , Bad Company and Burnout Paradise on the 360