Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Charlie_Bubble 21-01-2009 16:48

Re: what game are you playing

Quote:

Originally Posted by icestar2 (Post 34719581)
I really enjoy that game but it was very short :(

Finally got round to ordering Fallout 3 so looking forward to playing that soon.

I'm kind of stuck on the Bull Rancor fight on Sith Lord difficulty.

Charlie_Bubble 22-01-2009 01:20

Ok, got past that part. Am now on the last section on the second part of the fight against Vader.

pabscars 22-01-2009 12:34

still enjoying cod5, i,m on level 61 for the 3rd time, does anyone know what the yellow bar at the bottom of the screen means when online, it changes with each game and i was wondering if it was some sort off latency indicator or something.

Still loving this game which suprises me because i wasnt that fused in the beginning, now i prefer it over cod 4 because its a little less frantic and frustrating.

Charlie_Bubble 22-01-2009 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabscars (Post 34720013)
still enjoying cod5, i,m on level 61 for the 3rd time, does anyone know what the yellow bar at the bottom of the screen means when online, it changes with each game and i was wondering if it was some sort off latency indicator or something.

Still loving this game which suprises me because i wasnt that fused in the beginning, now i prefer it over cod 4 because its a little less frantic and frustrating.

Not certain, as I have only played COD WaW online a couple of times, but as it is pretty similar to CoD4 I'll give a couple of suggestions. On CoD4 there are 2 bars that sound like the one you mean, one which change colour was the connection, ie green was ok and red was bad. The other possibility is that you are talking about the xp bar, which shows the amount of xp score you have to get to advance to the next rank.

pabscars 22-01-2009 14:59

thanks for the pointers CB, will have another look tonight to see if there is any corelation between XP and rank etc, i just noticed last night that one game the bar was 3/4 full and then the next game it was about 1/4 full. thanks again for the reply.

how come you have only played it a couple of times online, is it not your cup of tea so to speak.

Charlie_Bubble 22-01-2009 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabscars (Post 34720092)
thanks for the pointers CB, will have another look tonight to see if there is any corelation between XP and rank etc, i just noticed last night that one game the bar was 3/4 full and then the next game it was about 1/4 full. thanks again for the reply.

how come you have only played it a couple of times online, is it not your cup of tea so to speak.

Too many other games came out around the end of last year and I'm working through them. I loved CoD4 online and spent ages on it. Spent a few hours on CoD Waw, yeah, it's a good game, but have a lot of others sitting un-opened... Oh yeah, also got married at the end of August, so less time to sit online for hours on end! :)

kesterwww 22-01-2009 23:17

I have just purchased TNA Impact for the xbox 360. Not really played it properly yet, but first impression wasn't that great.
I'm really into PES 09, master league with Liverpool... I need to see them win a match, this is the nearest thing I have.

cimt 22-01-2009 23:57

Quote:

i was wondering if it was some sort off latency indicator or something.

That basically shows how close you are to your next rank. I'm guessing you got a promotion between them two matches?

I think that's what you mean anyways.

frogstamper 23-01-2009 02:01

Quote:

Yep, the yellow line is your "promotion bar", it shows you how far away you are from going up another level.

icestar2 23-01-2009 17:57

Just got fallout 3 through today. Had a little go on it and think it could be a really good game. Hope the enjoyment of it lasts and it does not become repetative.

Callumpy 23-01-2009 18:32

LEGO Star Wars II

Quite annoying sometimes

kingbuxton 24-01-2009 21:43

Left 4 Dead pretty much since it came out.

Btw 41 achievements - anyone above that?

Callumpy 25-01-2009 00:49

GALAGA

Apparently its easy gamerscore, well, i got stuck at level 6, my dad is on level 22 now though.

icestar2 27-01-2009 23:31

Still Fallout 3. It has crashed at least 3 times now but that aside I wish I'd bought it on release. Better than most games I played of 08 and is such a refreshing change to most games out there at the minute.

Really, really enjoying it. Actually of to play some more before bed lol :)

dilli-theclaw 28-01-2009 17:54

Super stardust portable (verey badly as I can't really see it even with me mcGoo glasses on lol)