Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Hugh 07-08-2020 12:39

Re: What game are you playing

Trying (and failing) to play COD:MW, as the latest update won't load on to my 256GB SSD, as there isn't enough space to download the latest 50+GB update (can't make any space, as COD:MW is all that is on there).

So, copy the game library to my 2TB HD, download and install the update, then copy the game library back to the SSD (as it tidies up to less than 256GB after the update).

Bit of a faff - I may have to buy another 512GB SSD (already have one, but don't want to fill it up with the games, as it's at 200GB used already).

Carth 07-08-2020 14:03

Assassins Creed Black Flag . . . again.

Really struggling with PC games now, computer is well behind specs required for many of the later games.

I could spend a lot of money upgrading, but apparently newer motherboards often have issues regarding Win 7 drivers . . and lots of faffing about to overcome it.

Methinks a PS4 is on the Crimbo list, whether I get the hang of the controller before I pop my clogs is another matter :D

denphone 07-08-2020 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36045941)

Really struggling with PC games now, computer is well behind specs required for many of the later games.

I could spend a lot of money upgrading, but apparently newer motherboards often have issues regarding Win 7 drivers . . and lots of faffing about to overcome it.

That is the trouble with PC's as you have to spend a fair amount of money to guarantee it will have the specs required for these newer games.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Quote:

Methinks a PS4 is on the Crimbo list, whether I get the hang of the controller before I pop my clogs is another matter :D

Surely a intelligent man like yourself can work out how to use a PS4 controller.:D

Carth 07-08-2020 14:17

My initial thoughts are that after 25 years using K/B + Mouse, my brain can probably work it out but getting my fingers & thumbs to follow instructions could be difficult :D :D

Looking forward to getting to play RDR2 though, however badly I play ;)

SnoopZ 07-08-2020 15:19

Quote:

Get the PS5 no point throwing £250+ on PS4 unless you want to buy my immaculate silent PS4 Pro off me! :D

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36045933)
Trying (and failing) to play COD:MW, as the latest update won't load on to my 256GB SSD, as there isn't enough space to download the latest 50+GB update (can't make any space, as COD:MW is all that is on there).

So, copy the game library to my 2TB HD, download and install the update, then copy the game library back to the SSD (as it tidies up to less than 256GB after the update).

Bit of a faff - I may have to buy another 512GB SSD (already have one, but don't want to fill it up with the games, as it's at 200GB used already).

You know in the long run it'll be the right thing to do.....

Western Digital_Black SN750 1 TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD - Generation 3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-SN750.../dp/B07M64QXMN

mrmistoffelees 11-08-2020 14:24

Blasting away on COD Mobile

SnoopZ 11-08-2020 15:26

Still playing Shadow of War on PS4 Pro, such a large and fantastic game made even better when buying digital for a few £s in a sale. Takes a while to get into it but if someone likes games like Assassin's Creed it is well worth it and I would argue even better.

Mad Max 19-08-2020 15:55

I've just started playing, A Total War Saga Troy.

SnoopZ 25-08-2020 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36046324)
Still playing Shadow of War on PS4 Pro, such a large and fantastic game made even better when buying digital for a few £s in a sale. Takes a while to get into it but if someone likes games like Assassin's Creed it is well worth it and I would argue even better.

Finally platinumed Shadow of War, such a long great game, now it is time to do the same with the first game Shadow of Mordor.

Uncle Peter 04-09-2020 21:50

Some co-op 7 Days to Die

Seems like it's been in Alpha for years (it probably has!) but great fun all the same.

Hom3r 10-10-2020 15:52

Started to play No Man's Sky with my nephew.

255 unique galaxies, 18 quintillion procedurally-generated planets (18,446,744,073,709,551,616 or 2^64 to be exact)

It will take 565 billion years to see them all.

Stuart 10-10-2020 17:34

Star Wars Squadrons in VR.

On the plus side, it is nice feeling you are in the various Star Wars craft, but the game has major problems.

1) It's flaky, and frequently crashes. Yes, my machine is up to date, and is more than powerful enough to run the game in VR..
2) All of the missions in the "story" follow pretty much the same structure. Travel somewhere, destroy smaller ships, travel somewhere else, destroy a larger ship. I believe occasionally, you are required to travel somewhere else and destroy a star destroyer or Rebel capital ship (the missions alternate between the empire and the rebels, so you play both sides). I've been doing that for 6 hours of gameplay now, and, to be frank, I am bored.

What story there is has clearly been put there just to get you from mission to mission. The characters are one dimensional, there is no character development and your character(s) don't even have names, let alone have any impact on the story. I say they have no impact, because it seems to me you have to repeat every mission until you beat it, so there is no failure. No alternate branch the story can take because you failed.

Don't get me wrong. I know this is Star Wars, and while I love the films and games, no Star Wars product is ever going to be a literary masterpiece, but the films at least do have some variety, some humour and some character development. There is actually more of all that in the trailer for this game than there is in the game..

Sorry EA, but while this game is very pretty, and sounds good, and may well have good multiplayer, you've missed the mark in terms of gameplay for me. This, combined with the fact that EA have already announced that there will be no DLC for this game suggests to me that EA have actually sold us a tech demo. Or they are dipping their toes in the VR Waters to see what happens, but don't want to commit to a AAA budget for it.

Everyone else, if you like multiplayer space or flight shooters, then this game is apparently good, but for me, I don't like multiplayer games of any description, and the single player game ain't good enough.

Carth 13-10-2020 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36053245)
Started to play No Man's Sky with my nephew.

255 unique galaxies, 18 quintillion procedurally-generated planets (18,446,744,073,709,551,616 or 2^64 to be exact)

It will take 565 billion years to see them all.

Coincidence, I too started playing this around 2 weeks ago (single player, not Multi)
Finding it absolutely brilliant (for now), I first played 3 or 4 days in the 'constructor' type mode (with no deaths), just to get the hang of things, since then enjoying flying around exploring etc in normal mode :tu:

Not really following the Atlas or Artemis story paths, just having fun :Yes:

I've already had the 'Einstein quote' twice when being killed through my own stupidity :D

SnoopZ 13-10-2020 15:47

AC Black Flag on PS4, would like to platinum but it has online trophies which I hate.

Anyone else with a PS4, if so please add me as I like to see what games others play?

PS5 pre ordered.

Hugh 18-10-2020 12:08

Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Open Beta