Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Any news on 5G (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709528)

SnoopZ 12-08-2021 13:04

Re: Any news on 5G

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36089552)
I had a text from O2 saying that 5G has been added to my tariff.

In the southern part of my town I can get 5G, I spoke to the guy in O2 he said that 5G isn't at full power yet, but I got 170mg on a speed test.

I live about a mile from the town and there is a plan to put a 5G mast, the sooner the better.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

I have unlimited Calls, Text and 100GB of 5G data for £36.44 a month.

Another £5 I can get unlimited

Is that with a phone too otherwise it's very expensive?

I think I pay £22 a month for unlimited everything for sim only with my provider and I'm sure there are cheaper deals if I was to look?

Dude111 12-08-2021 21:31

Im doing my hardest to avoid 5G because the ultra wideband freq can cause health problems and thats what I think is going on now. This garbage is being deployed EVERYWHERE and people are having problems from it....

http://www.healthline.com/health/is-5g-harmful

Quote:

5G causes headaches, migraines, and dizziness
Yes I can say I have been dizzy before being around someones 5G crap in thier house so YES it can!!

Chris 12-08-2021 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36089615)
Im doing my hardest to avoid 5G because the ultra wideband freq can cause health problems and thats what I think is going on now. This garbage is being deployed EVERYWHERE and people are having problems from it....

http://www.healthline.com/health/is-5g-harmful

Yes I can say I have been dizzy before being around someones 5G crap in thier house so YES it can!!

Your dizzy symptoms are caused by your obsession with stupid conspiracy fairy tales.

5G is not dangerous. Please either grow up or go and post your idiotic nonsense somewhere else.

Carth 12-08-2021 23:23

Hang on . . . what if 5G causes headaches because it interferes with the 'Gates' chip inserted via the Covid jab? :erm:

:D

Hom3r 13-08-2021 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36089562)
Is that with a phone too otherwise it's very expensive?

I think I pay £22 a month for unlimited everything for sim only with my provider and I'm sure there are cheaper deals if I was to look?

O2 was the best signal were I previously worked,

Itshim 16-08-2021 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36089725)
O2 was the best signal were I previously worked,

So much better than Vodafone were l use it:D

Rankrotten 17-08-2021 18:20

Sorry if this has already been answered but as an existing ultimate oomph customer what is the procedure to get my SIM 5G enabled? Would a call to CS be a waste of time and need to wait it out? SIM as most will be currently on EE 4G

vincerooney 25-09-2021 23:27

the signal checker says my home has some access to 5G which it does. seems to come and go to be honest but i got 140mb on a speed check when it was on. all very odd as it says it has very good 5G access the next road along haha. i wonder if that will be fixed with a further tower or will they eventually increase the "power" of the existing one.

Either way its better than o2 as i never got 5G in my hosue at all on o2

Dude111 26-09-2021 01:14

I dont care if we ever have access to 5G .. In my opinion its dangerous and should be avoided!! (The Ultra wideband tier (24-39Ghz))

Im not trying to make anyone mad im just saying I dont wanna be exposed to that!!

Hugh 26-09-2021 09:20

Why do you think it’s dangerous?

Jaymoss 26-09-2021 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36094627)
Why do you think it’s dangerous?

Doctor Bob said on youtube in his second video after the one that says viruses do not spread and the covid vaccine can give you a 3rd leg

Carth 26-09-2021 10:35

As someone who only uses his phone for calls & texts, no email, streaming movies, gaming and uploading stuff to various social media sites . . what does 5G offer that 4G doesn't?

Is it just faster (by varying degree) depending on location and provider, is it more secure, better value for money?

Jaymoss 26-09-2021 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36094638)
As someone who only uses his phone for calls & texts, no email, streaming movies, gaming and uploading stuff to various social media sites . . what does 5G offer that 4G doesn't?

Is it just faster (by varying degree) depending on location and provider, is it more secure, better value for money?

Yes it is faster
Do not think it is any more or less secure
Yes it is better value for money as package prices do not change ( from what I have seen ) so more speed when you can get it is better value

For you it is pointless

Carth 26-09-2021 10:46

Oh I definitely don't need (or want) it, just wondered what all the fuss and urgency was about ;)

Jaymoss 26-09-2021 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36094640)
Oh I definitely don't need (or want) it, just wondered what all the fuss and urgency was about ;)

It is one of them. Most people will only see the benefit when they run a speed test on their mobile device. I do not know many that download huge files on mobile, social media and streaming will not really improve with the greater bandwidth . The only ones who will benefit are those who use mobile data as their main BB for their home network, in that environment the difference could be substantial