Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Security & Virus Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bitdefender Total Security (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710347)

alanbjames 01-09-2021 10:10

Bitdefender Total Security

Does anyone know of any links for discount codes for this piece of software please?

Thanks.

Jaymoss 01-09-2021 10:54

Re: Bitdefender Total Security

https://www.bitdefender.de/media/htm...d=aff%7Cc%7CIR

This is a promo link to a 6 month trial. I just had to open it in edge to get it to recognise my input. Signed into Central and switched users on my account with 60 days left and it switched to the 180 :)

SnoopZ 01-09-2021 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36091651)
https://www.bitdefender.de/media/htm...d=aff%7Cc%7CIR

This is a promo link to a 6 month trial. I just had to open it in edge to get it to recognise my input. Signed into Central and switched users on my account with 60 days left and it switched to the 180 :)

Cheers for this, nice to get another 6 month promo not had 1 for a while, clicking the link in Vivaldi worked fine, i love the fact we never need to make a new email to sign up so can create an email with many letters and just move the [.] each time, saves on faffing around, so im good for atleast 5 years now on that email.

alanbjames, you should use this rather than pay good money when you get the same thing for free.

Itshim 01-09-2021 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36091726)
Cheers for this, nice to get another 6 month promo not had 1 for a while, clicking the link in Vivaldi worked fine, i love the fact we never need to make a new email to sign up so can create an email with many letters and just move the [.] each time, saves on faffing around, so im good for atleast 5 years now on that email.

alanbjames, you should use this rather than pay good money when you get the same thing for free.

Happy to pay . A couple of £ s a month is worth the extra . P s best offer l found at the time was a watered down version for 30 days . :confused:

alanbjames 01-09-2021 21:51

Ive just bought a licence.

5 Device licence for 1 year with a discount code for £19.99. Very happy with this.

It will cover my Laptop, PC, Phone and Tablet.

Corey N Georgie 01-09-2021 22:51

Well i uninstalled Kaspersky and installed Bit Defender upon this recommendation.

Now if We try and access our Gaydar account on gaydar.net Bit Defender throws up a false positive so i cant win there.

Gonna try 3rd option of Nod32.

Jaymoss 01-09-2021 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie (Post 36091761)
Well i uninstalled Kaspersky and installed Bit Defender upon this recommendation.

Now if We try and access our Gaydar account on gaydar.net Bit Defender throws up a false positive so i cant win there.

Gonna try 3rd option of Nod32.

when it throws up the warning just add it to exemptions

just for educational purposes I went to that website and BD did not complain. Could you have helper objects or something else that could be triggering it

Corey N Georgie 01-09-2021 23:28

helper objects?

Jaymoss 01-09-2021 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie (Post 36091774)
helper objects?

browser add ons

Corey N Georgie 02-09-2021 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36091776)
browser add ons

None that would cause false positives i don't think.

Corey N Georgie 18-10-2021 08:41

How can i stop Bit defender finding a "new" device which its scanned before and stop it rescanning on boot of the PC?

Jaymoss 18-10-2021 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie (Post 36091780)
None that would cause false positives i don't think.

Course it could if it is trying to do something. If it was not something unique to your set up or it would do the same to me

Carth 18-10-2021 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie (Post 36097783)
How can i stop Bit defender finding a "new" device which its scanned before and stop it rescanning on boot of the PC?

Why bother with 'security' if you're going to stop it doing that?

alanbjames 18-10-2021 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36097792)
Why bother with 'security' if you're going to stop it doing that?

Why would u want it to scan and rescan the same thing over and over again?

Carth 18-10-2021 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 36097807)
Why would u want it to scan and rescan the same thing over and over again?

How does the PC know that nothing has been added (whether by the operator or a malicious program) since the last time it was inserted?

But I'm not fussed, you go ahead and disable the security features you paid for :D