Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Vm mobile price increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33694073)

howardmicks 27-06-2013 18:06

Vm mobile price increase

Today I received a letter informing me that my mobile phone tariff is going up by 2.9% very annoyed I just agreed to a early upgrade and also less than 2 weeks ago purchased a mobile for my daughter,rung up to complain and they say there is nothing they can do feel totally scammed if this is the start of life with the new owners start worrying:( going to contact citizens advice and watchdog and can some one please give me the email address of vm head office to complain:mad:

Dave42 27-06-2013 18:32

Re: Vm mobile price increase

well in tv bb and phone you can cancel if price goes up not certain if same for mobile would have thought so but not certain

howardmicks 27-06-2013 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35589297)
well in tv bb and phone you can cancel if price goes up not certain if same for mobile would have thought so but not certain

I thought the same told me I can't I'm tied for 24 months and because I have had the phone over 14 days can't send it back,total disgrace dave42 :mad:

Qtx 27-06-2013 19:00

Does the usual 28 day grace not apply to phone contract type goods then?

Thought they had to inform new customers of upcoming price increases at the point of sale. I know sky do this with their new signups so figured all providers would be doing the same

howardmicks 27-06-2013 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35589305)
Does the usual 28 day grace not apply to phone contract type goods then?

Thought they had to inform new customers of upcoming price increases at the point of sale. I know sky do this with their new signups so figured all providers would be doing the same

Yer really got mad with them I have paperwork for both phones clearly showing tariff and no mention of price increases I even phoned up yesterday to make sure I was going on the right tariff and she confirmed my new tariff price no mention of a increase total scam,How the hell can this be legal????

Stephen 27-06-2013 22:58

I got a letter too. However 2.9% isn't exactly a lot.

BenMcr 27-06-2013 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35589297)

No it's not the same. This is from the Virgin Mobile terms

Quote:

5.2 Price changes: We may also change our Charges or introduce new Charges. Unless the change is a significant change as set out in clause 5.3 we will give you 14 days notice of any change to the Charges for the elements of the Services or Additional Services you are using.

5.3 Significant changes: We will notify you at least one month in advance of any change coming into effect that (in our reasonable opinion):
(a) will increase the monthly or other periodic Charges for your Contract Allowance by an amount which is more than the percentage increase in the previous twelve month period in the Retail Prices Index (or any future equivalent) published by the Office for National Statistics; or
(b) is a change to your Agreement, your Contract Allowance, the Services or any Additional Services you are using, or to the Charges for any Services or Additional Services you are using, which is likely to be of material detriment to you.

5.4 Non acceptance of changes: If you do not accept a change that falls within clause 5.3 you may cancel this Agreement by writing to us within 1 month of us telling you about any change, to let us know that you want to cancel. However you may not cancel this Agreement if such change: (a) has been imposed on us by any regulator with appropriate authority, for example OFCOM, or as a direct result of new legislation, statutory instrument or government regulation; or (b) relates solely to an Additional Service. If this is the case then you may cancel such Additional Service by giving us a least ten days notice in writing to that effect.
The price change is not more that the RPI, so the cancellation option doesn't apply

howardmicks 28-06-2013 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35589406)
I got a letter too. However 2.9% isn't exactly a lot.

It's not but I have been with them just under 2 years with no price increase and soon as new owners arrive we get price increase and the annoying thing is that I have only just renewed and nothing was said and I only spoke to them yesterday to upgrade to VIP and retentions quoted £42 to me,I have also only just purchased an addition phone 2 weeks on Sunday and again nothing mentioned both stating what I would pay over 24months and no mention of possible price increases.very annoying I have contacted trading standards and got an appointment to see them tomorrow been advised to take all paperwork with me,gonna email vm head office as well if someone could kindly give me a email address :)

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35589410)
No it's not the same. This is from the Virgin Mobile terms

The price change is not more that the RPI, so the cancellation option doesn't apply

Never had this rpi price increase before Ben and have contacted 3 tonight and thy have told me what tariff i agree to is length of contract with them I thought it would be same with vm mobile clearly by this letter I have received sadly it is not.i want to cancel my contracts and move to 3 but vm mobile are saying I can't

dilli-theclaw 28-06-2013 07:41

I've not had a letter about any increase.

howardmicks 28-06-2013 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35589456)
I've not had a letter about any increase.

Coming soon !!!!

Stephen 28-06-2013 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardmicks (Post 35589429)
It's not but I have been with them just under 2 years with no price increase and soon as new owners arrive we get price increase and the annoying thing is that I have only just renewed and nothing was said and I only spoke to them yesterday to upgrade to VIP and retentions quoted £42 to me,I have also only just purchased an addition phone 2 weeks on Sunday and again nothing mentioned both stating what I would pay over 24months and no mention of possible price increases.very annoying I have contacted trading standards and got an appointment to see them tomorrow been advised to take all paperwork with me,gonna email vm head office as well if someone could kindly give me a email address :)

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Never had this rpi price increase before Ben and have contacted 3 tonight and thy have told me what tariff i agree to is length of contract with them I thought it would be same with vm mobile clearly by this letter I have received sadly it is not.i want to cancel my contracts and move to 3 but vm mobile are saying I can't

It's nothing to do with new owners. Would have happened anyway. As you say nearly two years and no increase means it was bound to happen.

It's mentioned in the small print about possible price changes so there would be no case for Trading Standards IMO.

BenMcr 28-06-2013 09:58

Quote:

This is from Three's Pay Monthly terms:
Quote:

4.2 You will not be able to end the agreement if any variation or increase:
(d) is equal to, or less than, the percentage increase in the Retail Prices Index figure, as set out in section 4.1 above.

Qtx 28-06-2013 11:27

Quote:

You should double check about the tariff on Three not having any increases. All the mobile operators were pulled up about it earlier in the year and while Ofcom talked about making changes I don't think it has happened yet. It is entirely possible that Three has made the change of their own back but I doubt it.

Linky

My galaxy S3 contract with Three that has as good as unlimited everything was £29 a month when I took the contract originally but now the cost has increased to £30

Dave42 28-06-2013 11:31

got a price rise here too :mad::mad::mad:

jobbie8 01-07-2013 22:05

Got my 3 letters today, as have 3 contracts. Orange increased their contracts this year too.
Funny how today the EU make Mobile networks charge less for using phones abroad, making them less money, so contracts go up instead.