Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   The Sky Appreciation thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33609365)

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 14:39

The Sky Appreciation thread

Isn't it wonderful?

Sky i mean, i've had it for about a year now - never had a problem.

Customer Services have ALWAYS been polite and helpful and also really fast to answer.

Sky+ is the mutts, nothing else comes close AND its free now - no 10 quid subscription charge.

So if your missing Lost, The Simpsons, Stargate, BattleStar Galactica or in fact want to watch any popular series past the second season i'd suggest Sky.

Cant recommend it enough.

Halcyon 01-03-2007 14:41

Re: The Sky Appreciation thread

LOL...rub it in a little more why don't you..... :D
Grrrrr......you are one of the lucky ones !

bopdude 01-03-2007 14:44

I'll let you know shortly if I like it or not, looks like my first choice for service provider ( all 3 ) when I move :D

zing_deleted 01-03-2007 14:46

any terms on the free sky +?

c1rcle 01-03-2007 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34237467)
Isn't it wonderful?

Wouldn't know never had it.

Quote:

Why lie about something like that? doesn't it get fuzzy when it rains like everyone elses I know on Sky?

Quote:

Customer Services have ALWAYS been polite and helpful and also really fast to answer.

I've not had a single problem when phoning VirgiNTL customer Services, they're always polite & once I had a poor guy on the phone for an hour trying to solve a problem I had, that I'd caused myself I might add.

Quote:

Sky+ is the mutts, nothing else comes close AND its free now - no 10 quid subscription charge.

Don't need it, Don't want it. simple isn't it?

Quote:

So if your missing Lost, The Simpsons, Stargate, BattleStar Galactica or in fact want to watch any popular series past the second season i'd suggest Sky.

No, No, No & No, Is the Shield on Sky? how about The Unit?

Quote:

Can't recommend it at all, I'm happy with VirgiNTL even without the Sky channels, sorry.:D

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 14:47

Honestly - get it - its brilliant.

Lets put it this way, i hand a round here a bit and have never bitched about Sky.

Did i mention Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy as well... Oh and that Sky+ really, really is the mutleys.

AndyCambs 01-03-2007 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34237483)

Did i mention Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy as well... Oh and that Sky+ really, really is the mutleys.

More American trash

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1rcle (Post 34237482)
Wouldn't know never had it.

So why you bitchen then boy! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1rcle (Post 34237482)
Why lie about something like that? doesn't it get fuzzy when it rains like everyone elses I know on Sky?

:erm: Nope :shrug: I dont lie!

Quote:

I've not had a single problem when phoning VirgiNTL customer Services, they're always polite & once I had a poor guy on the phone for an hour trying to solve a problem I had, that I'd caused myself I might add.
So you've never had to hand on for ages waiting for an NTL rep? :p:

Quote:

Don't need it, Don't want it. simple isn't it?
Cool, dont buy it :tu: Just get really frustrated and post in here instead. Saying that - with an EPG THAT slow, i think i'd be frustrated too.

Quote:

No, No, No & No, Is the Shield on Sky? how about The Unit?
What, who?

Quote:

Can't recommend it at all, I'm happy with VirgiNTL even without the Sky channels, sorry.:D
A happy customer yay!!!!

zing_deleted 01-03-2007 14:52

Quote:

Isn't it wonderful?

Just looked and its free if you subscribe to 2 premium channels otherwise its 10 quid which is exactly what it was before

c1rcle 01-03-2007 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34237494)
A happy customer yay!!!!

Yep that's right :D happy with Cable & Wireless, Happy with NTL, happy with NTL:Telewest & now I'll be happy with Virgin Media. :D

Apart from the obvious channels that I hardly ever watched what could Sky offer me that I don't already get with VirgiNTL?

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34237499)
Just looked and its free if you subscribe to 2 premium channels otherwise its 10 quid which is exactly what it was before

Actually from what i heard its not anymore, i admit that i could be wrong as i have Sports anyway but, honestly guv'nor thats what i was told.

STONEISLAND 01-03-2007 14:56

Quote:

Isn't it wonderful?

Must admit Sky are ok. :dozey: Until you move house. The ball ache I had with sky!!!!! Taking money out of my account even though I told them countless times I did not live at that address. Oh the Indian call centre they have where a nightmare too.

And the cost of HD!!!!!! :Yikes:

Halcyon 01-03-2007 14:57

Basically Tv is rubbish everywhere........There will always be something to pick at whatever the company you use.....let's just all watch DVD's instead.

STONEISLAND 01-03-2007 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34237499)

Correct :)

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by skunk4u (Post 34237512)
And the cost of HD!!!!!! :Yikes: [/FONT]

Frikkin A to that, I'll give you that one.

Still Sky+ and normal def telly is second to none with Sky.

Never had billing, customer service or even TV service issues with Sky, how many NTL folk can honestly say that?