Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Virgin : You Robbing Barstewards (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710850)

raefil 22-02-2022 15:04

You Robbing Barstewards

I just received this text from Virgin mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virgin Mobile
Hi there. From 1st April 2022 your monthly airtime price will go up by 11.7%, in line with the Retail Price Index inflation of 7.8%, plus 3.9%. For example, a £7 plan will increase by 82p. See full details, our online calculator and Legal Stuff at virginmedia.com/mobile/annual-rpi-price-increase

At a time when people are struggling to heat their homes and some even put food on the table how on earth can this type of corporate theft be allowed to continue?

I am utterly disgusted and I wont be negotiating a price with them I will be leaving. :td:

daveeb 22-02-2022 15:06

Re: You Robbing Barstewards

Quote:

Originally Posted by raefil (Post 36114222)
I just received this text from Virgin mobile

At a time when people are struggling to heat their homes and some even put food on the table how on earth can this type of corporate theft be allowed to continue?

I am utterly disgusted and I wont be negotiating a price with them I will be leaving. :td:

I use Tesco Mobile who have never (yet) put the price up in the contract period. At least you're now in a position where you can leave VM without penalty.

Taf 22-02-2022 16:57

I rarely use my mobile, so just use PAYG. Virgin stopped PAYG, so I just got a SIM from ASDA.

4p per minute to any UK mobile or landline, 4p per text to any UK number, and 4p per MB of data.

To keep it active I just have to send a text to someone every 6 months.

I also never make phone calls from the home phone (apart from the weekends when they are free) as Virgin's tariffs are far too expensive. Instead, I use a diverter company (1899.com)

Ken W 22-02-2022 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36114235)
I rarely use my mobile, so just use PAYG. Virgin stopped PAYG, so I just got a SIM from ASDA.

4p per minute to any UK mobile or landline, 4p per text to any UK number, and 4p per MB of data.

To keep it active I just have to send a text to someone every 6 months.

I also never make phone calls from the home phone (apart from the weekends when they are free) as Virgin's tariffs are far too expensive. Instead, I use a diverter company (1899.com)

I agree,
I use O2 Classic PAYG 3p calls, 2 p text

Paul 22-02-2022 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by raefil (Post 36114222)

corporate theft ? I dont think so. :erm:

No one has stolen anything from you, and as you stated, you are free to move to any other provider. Something I did almost 2 years ago now. ;)

RobboEdin 22-02-2022 19:38

… and, of course, the annual increase was clearly stated in the contract and also applies to many other suppliers.

Halcyon 23-02-2022 09:29

They arent the only ones hiking prices up. EE are doing it too as well as many others.
Prices always go up around March/April.

Itshim 24-02-2022 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 36114265)
They arent the only ones hiking prices up. EE are doing it too as well as many others.
Prices always go up around March/April.

One of reasons l chose Tesco was no price increase during contract.:D

gus0898uk 28-02-2022 17:32

Mine also is going up 11.7%. However, I am not going to cut my nose off to spite my face, 4 or 5 years ago I got a sim only plan for £6pm thanks to Martin Lewis.
It has gone up in dribs and drabs, but this one is eye watering.
If the cost of living rise is 7.5% according to VM<, then surely my government pension should be going up 7.5%
I just feel that so many businesses are making up for 2 poor years and getting as much dosh in as they can.

Taf 28-02-2022 18:54

1 Attachment(s)
I bet they round-up her £17 tariff to £19.

Carth 07-03-2022 15:40

Email today from Tesco

'You may have heard that the big networks are raising their bills. But don’t worry, at Tesco Mobile, we keep your contract price frozen - just like our peas, so you know exactly where you stand.'

Sorted ;)

Paul 07-03-2022 15:51

At least until they reach the point where its either increase, or go out of business.

daveeb 07-03-2022 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36115839)
Email today from Tesco

'You may have heard that the big networks are raising their bills. But don’t worry, at Tesco Mobile, we keep your contract price frozen - just like our peas, so you know exactly where you stand.'

Sorted ;)

Yes Tesco Mobile seem better than most, although the in contract data packages aren't the cheapest but once out of contract you can get a competitive rate. The CS is also UK based and generally helpful as well.

Carth 07-03-2022 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36115841)
At least until they reach the point where its either increase, or go out of business.

Quite possibly propped up by the profits from other areas (food).
Still . . £9 a month since May 2017 has been a decent run ;)

Itshim 07-03-2022 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36115844)
Quite possibly propped up by the profits from other areas (food).
Still . . £9 a month since May 2017 has been a decent run ;)

Started at £9 per month for 18 months but bank give cash back ----£40 so getting it for even less , surprised that Tesco were the best over all value for what l required . It's a first for me :shocked: Have to add virgin was offering the worst deal of everyone, again with the caveat for my needs.