Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

SB_07 13-06-2008 23:17

Re: what game are you playing

Prizefighter on 360, some of the fights are very frustrating.

icestar2 14-06-2008 02:36

Mgs4

frogstamper 14-06-2008 13:45

I'm still playing COD4, I'm obsessed with getting my gold cross 10th prestige, at present I'm on my 9th so I'm nearly there..phew. BTW Game have just released the top 100 games ever as voted for by the consumer.

http://www.game.co.uk/greatestgames/...-greatestgames

AndyIggs83 14-06-2008 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB_07 (Post 34575100)
Prizefighter on 360, some of the fights are very frustrating.

Agree with you on that one!!

MadGamer 14-06-2008 15:19

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 downloaded from The Xbox Live Marketplace on my Xbox 360.

Tezcatlipoca 14-06-2008 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT (Post 34574405)
Playing this aswell but the Xbox360 version.

I'm currently stuck and annoyed on Chapter 3 of the game.

:(

Hah, further than me then! ;) :D

I'm currently stuck and annoyed at the end of Chapter 2 - can't kill the boss (big samurai bloke on a horse, with loads of sorcerers backing him up).

I don't mind games being challenging, or having the occasional frustrating bit. I got annoyed at times with GTA IV, Halo 3, & various other games. But they always felt fair, & they always held my interest enough to make me persevere & try try again... and I finished them.

NG1 though... seems to be taking the micky a bit, I think. It's simply not fun getting your butt handed to you repeatedly, & being made to feel useless. And the story doesn't hold my interest enough to make me keep going.

I rarely give up on games. I always try & finish them. I even finished Assassin's Creed, despite it quickly becoming horrendously tedious, because the story held my interest & I wanted to see how it panned out, plus I felt it'd be a waste of £40 to just give up.

If a game is single player only, & has no real replay value, then I trade it in after I finish it.

The last game I gave up on was Devil May Cry 4, not due to being too hard (it wasn't), but due to finding it boring to play, with not enough story to keep my interest. Ditto for Lost Planet. Both got traded in.

Ninja Gaiden though... too hard, not fun, doesn't hold my interest...So I think I'm gonna shelve it indefinitely :( (would trade it in, but it's a US version).

kingbuxton 14-06-2008 22:52

Just completed COD4 - WOW - very good indeed.

Quote:

I'm still playing COD4, I'm obsessed with getting my gold cross 10th prestige
Where is that?

100 Greatest Games! Half Life at 18 - gimme a break. COD4 is good, not better than Half-Life 1 or 2 taking Gfx into consideration. Then I see Dungeon Keeper 2, System Shock 2 and Vice City aren't even in the list.

NEONKNIGHT 15-06-2008 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34575513)
Hah, further than me then! ;) :D

Ninja Gaiden though... too hard, not fun, doesn't hold my interest...So I think I'm gonna shelve it indefinitely :( (would trade it in, but it's a US version).

Have to agree with you about NGII I've got rid of it now and got Devil May Cry (honest) :D

I've also picked up a copy of Civilization Revolution -which is rather good and a nice change of pace/game compared to what I usually pick up. ;)

ruddock08 15-06-2008 19:28

COD4 Online :D

icestar2 15-06-2008 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT (Post 34576081)
I've also picked up a copy of Civilization Revolution

Gonna get this one myself after I finished MGS. Played the demo and also really like the change of pace. Seems a really well done game.

frogstamper 15-06-2008 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuxton (Post 34575618)
Just completed COD4 - WOW - very good indeed.

Where is that?

100 Greatest Games! Half Life at 18 - gimme a break. COD4 is good, not better than Half-Life 1 or 2 taking Gfx into consideration. Then I see Dungeon Keeper 2, System Shock 2 and Vice City aren't even in the list.

When playing COD4 on line your character ranks up from level 1 to level 55, upon reaching level 55 you can prestige, which basically means start ranking up again but keeping your overall score. Each time you do this you get different marker by your name, up till a maximum of ten prestige's which gives you the coveted gold cross.

SB_07 15-06-2008 21:45

Will be playing the orange box soon, got it off ebay for £17.50, heard alot of good stuff about it so thought i'd give it a go.

Tezcatlipoca 15-06-2008 22:00

Metal Gear Solid 4 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT (Post 34576081)
Have to agree with you about NGII I've got rid of it now and got Devil May Cry (honest) :D

I've also picked up a copy of Civilization Revolution -which is rather good and a nice change of pace/game compared to what I usually pick up. ;)

Heh, well DMC is certainly easier than NG (I think everything is!). I got a bit bored of it, though.

Civ looks excellent! Seen lots of good reviews for it.

NEONKNIGHT 16-06-2008 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34576253)
Metal Gear Solid 4 :)

Heh, well DMC is certainly easier than NG (I think everything is!). I got a bit bored of it, though.

Civ looks excellent! Seen lots of good reviews for it.

I can confirm, in my opinion anyway, that Civilization Revolution is excellent after completeing a game/tutorial. It's looking like a very addictive game. Well worth a purchase IMO - suppose the PC brigade will be moaning about the shift from PC to console but I think it has been done extremely well. I'd give it a good 8/10 and still to play multiplayer which could change the score. Great game. :tu:

NEONKNIGHT 16-06-2008 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by icestar2 (Post 34576117)
Gonna get this one myself after I finished MGS. Played the demo and also really like the change of pace. Seems a really well done game.

Its a very polished game and it deserves success, it has depth and apparently the multiplayer aspect is very good but i've still to try this yet. A review I've read has said that its the best strategy game on console to date - which I think says it all.

Playing the game for the first time last night and going nuclear with my civilization was a hoot! - sending an atomic missile halfway around the game world was brilliant stuff! :D and i've still to reach space exploration!