Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Price rises this year. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711665)

Gavin78 31-01-2023 22:17

Re: Price rises this year.

Just gone through the emails and found that our £97.75 package is going up by £15 in april

That means that this is around an increase of 15.5%, We've been out of contract for around 4 years We are still on the full house bundle with 350mb BB. contract was out in 2019.

Not sure how they justify a £15 increase

I guess I'm best waiting increase or before? giving them a call see what deals we can get?

nialli 01-02-2023 08:26

Definitely call them. You’ll end up getting more than you’re paying out of contract. The only down side is you’ll be committing to 18 months with an RPI plus 3.9% after 12

Inactive Digital 01-02-2023 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36144897)
Definitely call them. You’ll end up getting more than you’re paying out of contract. The only down side is you’ll be committing to 18 months with an RPI plus 3.9% after 12

Hopefully inflation will be less next year, so not quite as painful. Ofcom really does need to act on in-contract price rises. Its unreasonable on customers to be effectively signing blank cheques and have no idea how much they will be paying for their services in 12 months' time. If companies like Virgin Media are unable to accurately forecast the cost of providing a customer with a service for 18 months, they should not be offering 18 month minimum terms.

Has anyone manged to negotiate a 12 month contract when contacting retentions?

Jaymoss 01-02-2023 09:38

The only way to get the best price is to put your 30 days notice in. Proper retentions will most likely call within days and give the best price. I find myself having to repeat this so often but it really is the only way. Also when you negotiate ensure it is clear there will be no price rises during the deal then in 18 months do it again

ileikcaek 01-02-2023 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 36144819)
How do you know, they notified you already?

Yes, A friend of mine was also notified of the same increase of £7 (same package and price as me), he phoned them and managed to bag a discount to 37.49 for 18 months and somehow, no new contract.

In any case he's hoping a local fibre company will be installing in his street soon and he will be off, he was adamant with VM that he wanted no new contract. I didn't think it was possible to get a discount and no contract renewal.

Chrysalis 01-02-2023 15:21

I am guessing that I have no email I am not getting an increase?

I getting usual marketing emails etc. just no price increase.

TAZMANUK 01-02-2023 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 36144948)
I am guessing that I have no email I am not getting an increase?

I getting usual marketing emails etc. just no price increase.

I haven't yet had my email about any price increase just waiting for it to arrive then haggle

denphone 01-02-2023 15:59

l have not had any email yet but they might get sent out over a period of a few weeks so l might still get one.

Mr K 01-02-2023 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36144953)
l have not had any email yet but they might get sent out over a period of a few weeks so l might still get one.

I usually get a letter, weeks later than anyone else for some reason. My son got an email a few days ago.

TAZMANUK 01-02-2023 16:29

Spoke too soon 15 quid upping bill to 97 when new customer's get same for 79 getting no where with retention firing 360 at me at 30 quid charge

Mr K 01-02-2023 16:36

Mmmm, no one getting less than the 'average' in VMs press release.....
Yes I know they'll have fiddled it to base it on the tariff before discounts, but its still misleading to say the least. They hope no one can work out percentages these days....

SnoopZ 01-02-2023 16:52

Just got the email mine goes up £15 a month so I'll be paying £110.75 a month for Full House TV, Talk any time Phone and M250 Broadband!!!

I don't like phoning up so I won't be able to put my notice in to cancel as just don't talk on the phone or am in a position to answer a phone call.

What steps are required to chat to them on WhatsApp to negotiate a price reduction, what exactly do I need to do to message them on WhatsApp as I know I'm paying far too much for my services and don't even use the TV or phone so I want to either dump the TV or drop it to the minimum, keep basic phone(whatever that is) and keep Broadband without reducing the speed?

Peter729 01-02-2023 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36144963)
Mmmm, no one getting less than the 'average' in VMs press release.....
Yes I know they'll have fiddled it to base it on the tariff before discounts, but its still misleading to say the least. They hope no one can work out percentages these days....

It’s like the old question “what’s the average number of legs per person in the UK” there are no people with 3 legs but there are some unfortunate people with one or none at all.

So the answer to “what is the average number of legs per person in the UK” has to come out at less than 2.

richard-john56 01-02-2023 20:26

The prices go up but when the times get good again will they come back down to attract new customers and keep the old ones.

Time to move on for me I think.

Chrysalis 02-02-2023 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36144967)
Just got the email mine goes up £15 a month so I'll be paying £110.75 a month for Full House TV, Talk any time Phone and M250 Broadband!!!

I don't like phoning up so I won't be able to put my notice in to cancel as just don't talk on the phone or am in a position to answer a phone call.

What steps are required to chat to them on WhatsApp to negotiate a price reduction, what exactly do I need to do to message them on WhatsApp as I know I'm paying far too much for my services and don't even use the TV or phone so I want to either dump the TV or drop it to the minimum, keep basic phone(whatever that is) and keep Broadband without reducing the speed?

Dont know answer to your question but I can tell you when I contacted them on whatsapp it wasnt a live discussion, it was a multiple hour wait, which obviously meant I wasnt sitting watching when they replied and I got a response to the question I asked. So its more akin to sending an email query vs a live chat. (faster response than email though)