Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Netflix cancelled ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711035)

iadom 14-05-2022 09:39

Netflix cancelled ?

1 Attachment(s)
Last week I received my usual email notification of my next VM bill direct debit. It had reduced by £13.99. I checked my account online and realised this was for my Netflix subscription.
I have had no contact from VM in any form advising me of this and I have definitely not cancelled my Netflix subscription.

This morning I received an email from Netflix to tell me that VM could not bill me, why?

Has anyone else had this happen?

OLD BOY 14-05-2022 10:27

Re: Netflix cancelled ?

That's weird. Are you on the correct subscription tier with VM to qualify to receive Netflix through them?

iadom 14-05-2022 10:41

Well they have been taking my Netflix subscription for well over 12 months?

General Maximus 14-05-2022 11:59

did you click on the "restart membership" button?

iadom 14-05-2022 12:19

Not in that email, going to wait a few days and decide if I want to continue. Just mystified as to why it was cancelled without my say so or any notification from VM.

Mythica 14-05-2022 13:06

Is there any benefit to having it billed through VM? I believe with Sky its cheaper, but if you're paying £13.99, that's full price.

General Maximus 14-05-2022 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 36122354)
Just mystified as to why it was cancelled without my say so or any notification from VM.

definitely worth checking out because I would want to know if it was me. I would ring up and see if you can find out. They must use some sort of log on their computer system so that when changes are made it says by who and why and similarly for automated processes when a certain time period has expired and the system is set to do something automatically.

Here's a thought: Netflix would be happy to bill you continually but as you signed up through VM was there a "sign up for 12 months at £xx.xx" sort of offer? I am just wondering if VM's system has automatically terminated your contract because it thinks the time period you signed up to has expired and it can't charge you anymore without your consent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 36122356)
Is there any benefit to having it billed through VM? I believe with Sky its cheaper, but if you're paying £13.99, that's full price.

I pay £3/month through Sky

iadom 14-05-2022 13:30

That makes sense, it would be around 12 months since I rejoined Netflix. I even contacted a couple of VM staff on their Community forum but they had no idea why it was cancelled. I had been considering if I might cancel Netflix. Might just see if anyone else ( the wife) notices it has gone.:D

fuzhoudragon 16-05-2022 09:30

Afraid you are now caught up in the Netflix fiasco that is currently ongoing with VM. Take a look at the Virgin Community Help Forum and you will see what I mean. Initially started off with problems for accounts who now have Netflix included but seems to have spread to others who pay their Netflix through VM.