Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Nintendo Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ninty paranoid about Mario 128 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=261)

Jarandco 23-06-2003 17:34

Ninty paranoid about Mario 128

Quote:

Nintendo refrained from showing off Mario 128 at E3 last month because they were scared people would nick their ideas.
While all three players in the console market had impressive shows at E3, it could easily be argued that Nintendo's was the weakest of the bunch. Sure, they had Mario Kart and a few new surprises like Geist and Billy Hatcher, but the real BIG announcements (new Zelda, new Metroid) were conspicuous by their absence. Another game that turned out to be a no-show was the highly anticipated 'proper' sequel to Mario 64 (Super Mario Sunshine was just a practice go, apparently) codenamed Mario 128. The reason? Nintendo were scared that other companies would pilfer their ideas. Bless.

In an article printed by Japanese publication Nintendo Dream, PR staff from the big N made the following comment: "Mario 128 is currently in development, with concentration being placed on ideas that haven't been seen in games before. The reason we didn't put it on display at E3 is so these ideas wouldn't get stolen from us." As a company, Nintendo are hyper-paranoid about their major titles. Super Mario Sunshine underwent the same Colditz-style security, presumably because president Satoru Iwata and pals thought that the world's games companies would all start giving their characters water backpacks. Hmm.

We say this: "Stuff secrecy - show us what you got, Ninty!" It's all well and good keeping important ideas under lock and key, but us faithful Nintendo gamers want to see what your developers are up to! Let us get excited! Hopefully Mario 128 will be everything that Sunshine promised to be, but until Iwata san decides we can see it, we'll remain clueless as to its contents. Boo.
This shoudl hopefully be good, wish we could see something of it though!

TigaSefi 23-06-2003 17:48

Aye I hope so too :) no doubt it will be good but just how good remains to be seen....

DannyA 24-06-2003 21:30

I bought Sunshine.

Im now a skeptic until they show me otherwise.

playing with my hopes and dreams you swines :)

kronas 24-06-2003 21:32

*mumbles something about kiddie games nintendo should move on and make a wide range of games :D :D :D :D :D

DannyA 24-06-2003 21:53

you cant deny their kiddie games.

the sales say so.

But me and all my mates are early to mid-20's big kids :)

ive got all 3 consoles and i like them all for there individual qualitys.

PS2, Pro Evo - and Final fantasy - nuff said.
GC - Animal Crossing, Zelda (recent convert - its cool!),Metriod prime, PN03 soon
Xbox - all the driving games, and any multiformat game - because its the best.

Oh and my mate has Soul Calibur 2 JAP on GC. That kicks arse! :)

Dont bash other peoples consoles, whatever you own. Your console is crap and fantastic in the same breath.