Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Good deal from virgin phone but... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33602003)

AndyCambs 17-10-2006 22:17

Re: Good deal from virgin phone but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda (Post 34139044)
I was told the only way to get on the offer was to be passed from cust service to Virgin.

Thats how I managed to get through and get the offer.

pharrell 18-10-2006 01:00

No - it can be done on the website too. :)

Jules 18-10-2006 14:48

Well I got through at last and sorted it all out just to get an email an hour later saying I had failed the bloody credit check!!!!!

Rorschach 19-10-2006 13:19

I've just found out that I failed their credit check as well (something to do with my address apparently)

I've just faxed them my driving license.

Hopefully that will do the trick!

Rorschach

Jules 19-10-2006 13:40

When I asked what I could do they said there was nothing I could do :(

TheDaddy 19-10-2006 15:30

I think Rorschach was a credit referral rather than a failure, I am not taking them up on this offer out of principle, I have been an NTL customer for years that should be reference enough for them.

Jules 19-10-2006 16:56

That is what I would have thought as well, NTL have had thousands off me yet I can't be trusted with a phone for £10 a month, when I rang Virgin and pointed that out I was told sorry but there is nothing we can do.

Does anyone know the email addy of customer services at Ntl? I think I will email them and let them know how there customers are being treated, ok so it will do no good but it will make me feel better :D

lostandconfused 19-10-2006 19:04

the problem is they are still in effect seperate companies that happen to be running an offer together, i know ntl use equifax credit referance agency, not sure which one virgin uses, im surprised they dont use a credit limit like ntl aswell though

Jules 19-10-2006 19:34

I don't think they are any more I think NTL bought them

Rorschach 19-10-2006 19:40

Well I've just failed the credit check again! AND Virgin can't tell me why!

What's worse is that I can find out by going to the Equifax website (yes Virgin use them too!) and getting a credit reference report for the princely sum of $14.95!!!!:Yikes:

Why in God's name don't Virgin get a credit refernce from NTL? Equifax are clearly at it and they have just cost Virgin some business.

They can shove their free phone up their ****!!!!!

Rorschach:mad:

Jules 19-10-2006 19:50

I know how you feel :(

lostandconfused 20-10-2006 14:36

yep they have been bought by ntl but are still run as seperate companies, so they still use their own processes such as credit check, i assume that sometime in the future they will be integreated but not at the moment

TheDaddy 20-10-2006 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach (Post 34140344)
What's worse is that I can find out by going to the Equifax website (yes Virgin use them too!) and getting a credit reference report for the princely sum of $14.95!!!!:Yikes:
Rorschach:mad:

You might be able to find your answers for free here ;)

http://www.experian.co.uk/creditreport/

Jules 20-10-2006 14:43

There is a announcement on the front page so hopefully this can now be sorted out.

Full marks to Mick for the work he is doing behind the scenes to sort this out :tu:

lauzjp 20-10-2006 15:13

I'm so tempted... virgin was cheaper than vodafone which Anton and I are on now... signal was a bit lacking sometimes.. hmm... I should resist! I probably wouldn't pass their credit check anyway, I'm surprised I got ntl at all in the first place! :blush: