Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Latest black Friday offer (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711475)

1701-e 16-11-2022 15:02

Latest black Friday offer

I've been offered the full volt package.... With HD sky sports and movies and Netflix with an unlimited SIM for £89 per month for 18 month minimum... Including second box. Seems too good to be true.

Itshim 16-11-2022 18:43

Re: Latest black Friday offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36140126)
I've been offered the full volt package.... With HD sky sports and movies and Netflix with an unlimited SIM for £89 per month for 18 month minimum... Including second box. Seems too good to be true.

Check that the O2 part isn't CPI + 3.9% after 12 months also Netflix control there prices , can't see virgin subsiding it :shocked: if cast iron looks very good to me

bbxxl 16-11-2022 23:22

I’ve just changed to that and it’s £111/ month.
Your offer does seem very good. I wonder if there is a catch or if you have just got a very good deal.

1701-e 16-11-2022 23:59

It was a directed emai. I checked the price and for new customers its £79 so not too shabby especially with gig1 etc

Itshim 17-11-2022 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36140153)
Check that the O2 part isn't CPI + 3.9% after 12 months also Netflix control there prices , can't see virgin subsiding it :shocked: if cast iron looks very good to me

As for as I can see O2 is CPI+ 3.9% after 12 months again as far as I can tell O2 is priced at £25 so around 10% + another 3.9% that sounds expensive .

Chrysalis 18-11-2022 03:11

With current price rises been close to 15%, they can afford to give these deals, even after only 1 year you paying over £100.

My signing up offer was gig1 + call weekends + streaming + o2 sim for £41. So at least with my lower baseline price point the inflation wont seem so crazy ha ha, and yes I was warned on the phone it will be going up in March next year so I have the price for just a few months.

Mr K 22-11-2022 20:21

https://news.sky.com/story/just-one-...posed-12752569

Quote:

Just one in seven deals on Black Friday offer a genuine discount, according to new research from Which?.

The consumer champion analysed 214 Black Friday deals last year at seven major home and tech retailers - Amazon, AO, Argos, Currys, John Lewis, Richer Sounds and Very - looking at their prices every day in the six months before and after the sale day (26 November 2021).

It found the majority of promotions (183 - or 86%) were cheaper or the same price in the six months before the sales. Of the deals, 209 (98%) were cheaper or the same price at other times in the year. None were cheaper on Black Friday alone.

joglynne 23-11-2022 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36140615)

If you use Amazon I can highly recommend the Kappa extension. Today itis showing Amazon prices back to 1st September
Quote:

Overview....
✜ Price History charts
Detailed Price History charts for over 2.5 billion Amazon products.

✜ Price Drop & Availability Alerts
Set up a price watch directly from the product page. We track any product for you and notify you once the product dropped below your desired price. We track lightning deals as well!

✜ Compare and track international Amazon prices
Prices for all Amazon locales are listed and can easily be tracked.

✜ Daily Deals, an overview of recent price drops
Get the real deals. Keepa finds the best deals every day. Find products with the highest drop in price in your favorite product category.
I don't know if you will be able to see the Kappa chart on the following link but it is showing that todays reduction down to £10.47, is only £1 or £2 less than it was sold at during most of the time since September. So the Black Friday deal may look good but in reality you would save only a small amount not the 87% Amazon are claiming.

bbxxl 23-11-2022 13:44

Did you mean Keepa rather than kappa? Id not heard off it before but Google gives Kappa as a clothing brand.
I’ll take a look at Keepa.
Thanks

Paul 23-11-2022 14:24

Yep, its Keepa. :)

I just checked an item I bought for xmas, and I got it at a far lower price then its been since the summer (as far back as I coud track it on the site).

bbxxl 23-11-2022 14:39

I saw some deeding I bought in July (not from Amazon) advertised with 30% off on Black Friday, I checked and the Black Friday price was 10% MORE than I’d paid in July.

Be careful out there folks!

joglynne 23-11-2022 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 36140659)
Did you mean Keepa rather than kappa? Id not heard off it before but Google gives Kappa as a clothing brand.
I’ll take a look at Keepa.
Thanks

Sorry about that. Been tracking an offer on Kappa and my brain got a tad scrabbled. The Amazon extention is, of course, Keepa. I also use CamelCamelCamel to keep an eye open for price drops on my Amazon wish/watch lists.

Dingbat 24-11-2022 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36140126)

Coincidentally, I’ve had a call this afternoon offering me the same package - for £87 a month, including anytime calls on the landline.

punkrock101 24-11-2022 18:28

I would not want to get stuck into a 18 month contract with Virgin the service is diabolical I have good deal with them myself without contract as I will be exploring cancelling with them soon,

bbxxl 24-11-2022 18:57

I have been with Virgin for 15 years now and the service has been very, very good. I think it depends where you are in the country, but I have no complaints and on the few occasions I’ve had to call CS I have been very impressed with them as well. More than happy to sign up for another project 18 months at £86/ month plus £25 for the unlimited O2 SIM.