Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Annoying message on Facebook (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710330)

Tinky 24-08-2021 11:52

Annoying message on Facebook

1 Attachment(s)
As of today I have been plagued by a really annoying repetitive message on Facebook. I have tried logging off and on, and also trying to stop notifications but so far no joy, what am I doing wrong?

Taf 24-08-2021 12:58

Re: Annoying message on Facebook

It's not you, it's the person who posted the link.

Chris 24-08-2021 13:48

Happens a lot on community pages where people try to share stuff from their mates, but the original post wasn’t set for public viewing; or, where the original post was changed from public to private, or has been removed.

raging bull 24-08-2021 20:06

Same message showing whilst both my wife and I playing angry birds this morning!

Chris 24-08-2021 20:15

Actually I got it a couple of times right after I posted here. Must have been a Facebook bug.

Tinky 24-08-2021 21:06

I can't get rid of it, I selected to play this as normal through Bookmarks, so don't have a clue whom posted original link. would it help to uninstall my Facebook account and start afresh, or can someone please suggest some other method to remove it? It's driving me nuts. :mad:

Chris 24-08-2021 22:04

Do you usually access Facebook by a web browser? If so, clearing the browser cache and cookies might help.

Tinky 25-08-2021 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36090846)
Do you usually access Facebook by a web browser? If so, clearing the browser cache and cookies might help.

Yes I do Chris, and clearing the browser cache seems to have solved the problem, many thanks for that. :):):):):):):):):)

Taf 25-08-2021 10:50

On a PC you can use Face Book Purity to sort out FB.

Tinky 26-08-2021 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36090863)
On a PC you can use Face Book Purity to sort out FB.

Never heard of that before Taf, but thanks, I will bear that in mind should any further problems arise with Facebook. :)

Taf 26-08-2021 11:10

1 Attachment(s)
Face Book Purity can strip all that you don't want or need from the screen.

Mine is minimalist to the extreme.....

pip08456 26-08-2021 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36090970)
Never heard of that before Taf, but thanks, I will bear that in mind should any further problems arise with Facebook. :)

Why wait for future problems? Why not just use it now?

joglynne 26-08-2021 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36090970)

Hi Tinky, my FB is not quite as minimalist as Taff's .... yet but I'm getting there. :)

I have been using Face Book Purity (FBP) for years, it provides a great way to cut out all the annoying bits and pieces that get in the way of just being able to see the posts of people you actually want to connect with and don't want to have to wade through lots of drivel about stuff that you aren't interested in.

If you do decide to try it I am sure one of us will be able to give you a hand if you need it. There is nothing you could do that can't be undone by just unticking a box. :)

Hom3r 26-08-2021 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36090846)

To do this, press CTRL + F5

Tinky 30-08-2021 20:21

1 Attachment(s)
It's happening again, help! I've completed the answer but the it is not being accepted.