Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711097)

Saul's Grandad 06-06-2022 15:19

What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Our current VM contract expires this month so I tried to call Retentions this afternoon. However, instead of getting through to the UK call centre, I got through to a foreign call centre. The lady I spoke to was doing her best to be polite and helpful but the line was very poor so I missed a lot of what she was saying. She was obviously working through a script and didn't want to go to the nitty gritty of seeing what deal could be arranged. I made my apologies and ended the call because I was missing about half of what she was trying to say.

Is there a best time of day to call Retentions to get through to the UK call centre? They have always been very helpful and bad lines are not a problem. They can usually sort out a deal straightaway without having to go through a script asking for my favourite channels etc., which is why I would rather speak to them.

daveeb 06-06-2022 16:40

Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad (Post 36124509)
Our current VM contract expires this month so I tried to call Retentions this afternoon. However, instead of getting through to the UK call centre, I got through to a foreign call centre. The lady I spoke to was doing her best to be polite and helpful but the line was very poor so I missed a lot of what she was saying. She was obviously working through a script and didn't want to go to the nitty gritty of seeing what deal could be arranged. I made my apologies and ended the call because I was missing about half of what she was trying to say.

Is there a best time of day to call Retentions to get through to the UK call centre? They have always been very helpful and bad lines are not a problem. They can usually sort out a deal straightaway without having to go through a script asking for my favourite channels etc., which is why I would rather speak to them.

Early, 9 am if possible. I've always got UK ringing at that time. In the afternoon it's a lottery. I also suspect you may have a better chance if you ring 150 from a VM landline (if you have one) rather than a mobile but that's just a hunch.

Saul's Grandad 06-06-2022 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36124532)
Early, 9 am if possible. I've always got UK ringing at that time. In the afternoon it's a lottery. I also suspect you may have a better chance if you ring 150 from a VM landline (if you have one) rather than a mobile but that's just a hunch.

Thanks Dave - much appreciated 👍

Saul's Grandad 08-06-2022 15:21

I phoned this morning and got straight through to Retentions at a UK call centre. The lady i spoke to was extremely helpful and polite and managed to sort out great deal for me...essentially the same as we have now but with a slightly bigger discount (result!). She even arranged for someone to come out to fix our outside cable junction box, whose cover has been broken for months, which I tried and failed to sort out with VM back in the bad old lockdown days, when you couldn't speak to an actual person without waiting for hours.

daveeb 08-06-2022 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad (Post 36124724)
I phoned this morning and got straight through to Retentions at a UK call centre. The lady i spoke to was extremely helpful and polite and managed to sort out great deal for me...essentially the same as we have now but with a slightly bigger discount (result!). She even arranged for someone to come out to fix our outside cable junction box, whose cover has been broken for months, which I tried and failed to sort out with VM back in the bad old lockdown days, when you couldn't speak to an actual person without waiting for hours.

Glad it's sorted. The early bird etc....:D

Rillington 09-08-2022 17:15

Which aspects of VM's customer service are offshored and which are based in the UK?

daveeb 09-08-2022 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36130717)
Which aspects of VM's customer service are offshored and which are based in the UK?

Purely in my experience all of it is offshore apart from retentions who are often (but not always as mentioned above) in the UK.

Rillington 10-08-2022 17:24

thank you for the reply.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why almost all of their customer service is offshored?

pip08456 10-08-2022 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36130828)
thank you for the reply.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why almost all of their customer service is offshored?

No need to guess, its cheaper. Offshore is an overflow for UK based. UK based is small.

Rillington 20-09-2022 17:43

If overseas and outsourced call centres are used as an overflow, I am curious as to why, if correct, that only retentions is UK-based.

Mr K 20-09-2022 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36134553)
If overseas and outsourced call centres are used as an overflow, I am curious as to why, if correct, that only retentions is UK-based.

Because VM aren't interested in decent customer service, unless there's a risk of losing custom.

Rillington 28-09-2022 17:50

even retentions now seems to be at least partly outsourced and offshored.

daveeb 28-09-2022 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36135269)
even retentions now seems to be at least partly outsourced and offshored.

Just ring early (9 a.m) and you should be fine.

Rillington 06-04-2023 12:19

It now seems that retentions has now been offshored. Are there any parts of the VM customer service operations that are still based in the UK?

spiderplant 06-04-2023 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36149399)
Are there any parts of the VM customer service operations that are still based in the UK?

Yes