Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Justice League (2017) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705590)

General Maximus 27-10-2017 14:54

Justice League (2017)

An fyi for everyone, tickets are now available for advanced booking at Odeon and there is a midnight premiere on Thursday night going into Friday morning on 17th November. There isn't a double bill with BvS or Wonder Woman first.

We'll keep this thread for future discussion because I am sure there will be lots to say. I loved Wonder Woman but I think this is going to be the best DC film yet.

General Maximus 15-11-2017 13:21

Re: Justice League (2017)

a bit of a teaser for you to get your ready for tomorrow:

Paul 15-11-2017 14:19

Well I wont be going tomorrow, but I have booked for Sunday evening. :)

denphone 15-11-2017 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35925080)
Well I wont be going tomorrow, but I have booked for Sunday evening. :)

The critics have given it a panning this morning but then again they don't erect statues for critics.:)

pip08456 15-11-2017 17:20

TBH I don't expect much from this. It just doesn't appeal.

Paul 15-11-2017 19:30

The previews on this have looked reasonable (unlike Batman v Superman) so I'm hopeful.

It also has Wonder Woman, who was excellent in the last film.
I dont take notice of critics, they pan a lot of films I personally loved.

General Maximus 16-11-2017 09:29

I am the same. I think I mentioned this recently but I learnt a long time ago not to bother reading reviews or listening to critics. When I was 15 I started buying Empire with my pocket money and took what they wrote as gospel. I can't remember specific examples but there were many films they said were absolute rubbish which I loved and many films which they loved which I thought were rubbish. I quickly learnt not to bother listening to critics or reading reviews at all prior to watching films. Every now and again a friend will mention that something coming out soon has got a poor review my response is always "great, that means I am going to like it".

The only thing which I think is going to frustrate me about this film is that all DC final action scenes just tend to be a bit of a mush like Transformers where you get 20 mins of everyone doing everything, flying around, thrown around, explosions galore and there is just no structure (or planning on the part of the characters) and I just wait for the inevitable win. I think the story and the characters (especially Wonder Woman :romance::) are going to more than make up for it though.

General Maximus 17-11-2017 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35925119)
I'm hopeful

I was as well, just don't be too hopeful. Wonder Woman is its one redeeming quality.

Read my thoughts here

General Maximus 11-04-2018 14:48

admars 21-05-2020 09:30

still not seen it, but this has been long rumoured to exist/not exist:
Quote:

Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’ Is Coming To HBO Max

It has taken several years, but director Zack Snyder will finally have his justice — a whole league of it. Today the filmmaker announced Warner Bros. will finally release Snyder’s long-awaited — and long debated — cut of his DC Comics superhero team-up picture Justice League.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...mpression=true

tweetiepooh 21-05-2020 10:20

BBC had something similar, seems fans thought the original cinema release not dark enough. I'd be the opposite and prefer a lighter touch/presentation. Superhero films can be fun and for a wider family audience.

cimt 21-05-2020 13:22

The issue with JL though was that Snyder and Whedon are both totally different directors, and they styles clashed with eachother.

Stephen 23-05-2020 00:27

Whedpn reshot a lot of the film and the story changed drastically from Snyder's original plans. So it should be quite a different film. It's not a case that it's just a few different scenes or alternate takes like some director cuts. Originally the film was to have been 2 parts and also would have introduced Green Latern.

The best comparison would be the Donner cut of Superman 2. After Donner was sacked about 80% of the movie was reshot by the new directed and the film went in a totally different direction. I actually do prefer the Donner cut. It got a release on home media a few years ago after he was given permission by the studio and all his footage was recovered.

Pierre 27-05-2020 18:24

it's not going to be exactly Snyders vision, he's been given a few quid to reinstate what he shot and for some special effects but he can only work with the material that is there and he can't shoot any more scenes.

As Stephen says it was meant to be a two-parter and Cyborg was to have a much larger role than ended up having and Superman was going to be different, I believe he was to come back with a Black suit.

I, personally, liked DoJ, and I would have liked to se have see Snyder continue with his vision

Hugh 26-03-2021 10:31

1 Attachment(s)
Watched the first 3 hours 20 minutes of the Snyderverse Cut - finish it off tonight.

Started off a bit slow, but it's worth persevering, because you get a lot more back-story for the other characters, with occasional superheroes (appearing briefly) that weren't in the 2017 version (Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter).

Only one small niggle/comment - Avengers:Age of Ultron would like their opening scene back, please... :D

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...9&d=1616751009