Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711604)

Media Boy UK 01-01-2023 14:48

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

This is a continuation of the 'Changes to Virgin TV (2022)' thread which you can find here:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33710709

1. The old thread has been closed, but will remain for information purposes;
2. I will collate all the information from my various sources and post on Cable Forum;

In addition to that I will be on hand to answer any questions that arise and to provide links to other sources of information as they come up.

Thank you.

Here is the CONFIRMED Channels news for Virgin UK and N. Ireland TV:

January 2023:
2nd. Sky Cinema Greats HD to be rebranded as Sky Cinema British Icons HD
4th. Sky Sports Darts HD to be rebranded back to Sky Sports Arena HD
4th. Sky Sports Darts to be rebranded back to Sky Sports Arena
5th. BoXmas to be rebranded back to The Box
5th. GREAT! Movies Classics to be rebranded as GREAT! Movies Romance
5th. Smithsonian Channel to close today on Virgin Media UK
6th. Christmas24 to be rebranded back to Movies24
6th. Christmas24+ to be rebranded back to Movies24+

©Media Boy UK 2006 - 2023. A ''Doing it my way'' Production.

vincerooney 02-01-2023 01:54

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Ah another thread for another year! Excellent.

I wonder then people on v6 tivo boxes will be forced to move onto the 360 software? Surely virgin media can't operate two different softwares for their boxes?

cheekyangus 02-01-2023 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36142985)

I wonder then people on v6 tivo boxes will be forced to move onto the 360 software? Surely virgin media can't operate two different softwares for their boxes?

VM ran two different box systems alongside each other for many, many years. Liberate and Tivo. This is no different. It's up to them if licensing money and customer response to losing recordings make it worthwhile the hassle.

Frazz 02-01-2023 16:12

Quote:

Having switched to the360 and managed to make the switch back to TiVo if they ditch the TiVo that'll be when I ditch virgin TV and phone and possibly broadband if I can get it cheaper from city fibre and make the switch to streaming services.

Will not be using the 360 powered boxes the software is hellish

TimeLord2018 02-01-2023 16:37

Quote:

Would be interesting to know how long the TiVo license agreement has left to run.

Dave42 03-01-2023 10:09

lets see what 2023 brings i have given up on getting sky sports UHD

Mr K 04-01-2023 11:42

A very big price rise is what's coming soon to VM customers. Happy New Year and enjoy !

Legendkiller2k 04-01-2023 13:12

Don't get your hopes up, a very quiet year is expected on all platforms.

fox35 04-01-2023 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36143084)
A very big price rise is what's coming soon to VM customers. Happy New Year and enjoy !

Then I'll be finally off for good!
Already prepared with my new in built Roku TV with Freeview Play and recordable usb device, new gen 4K Max Firestick and so just need to research and add my preferred other streaming apps when this current contract ends. How can they justify a very big price rise when energy and food bills are soaring? They should be slashing prices for loyalty and stopping churn.
Cable TV is not in the 90s/00s anymore.

TimeLord2018 04-01-2023 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36143084)

I preferred the Title 'Changes to Virgin TV' rather than coming soon.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

MTV Play is apparently closing on 28th February according to MTV Support
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Conte.../594702#M21043

It wasn't mentioned in Virgin recent agreement with Paramount either.

Mythica 04-01-2023 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox35 (Post 36143099)
Already prepared with my new in built Roku TV with Freeview Play and recordable usb device, new gen 4K Max Firestick and so just need to research and add my preferred other streaming apps when this current contract ends. How can they justify a very big price rise when energy and food bills are soaring? They should be slashing prices for loyalty and stopping churn.

They justify by having their own bills to pay.

Of course we don't like price rises, but surely you understand their bills are also rising?

There is no such thing as loyalty. Loyalty isn't threatening to leave if they don't reduce prices.

fox35 04-01-2023 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 36143104)
They justify by having their own bills to pay.

Of course we don't like price rises, but surely you understand their bills are also rising?

There is no such thing as loyalty. Loyalty isn't threatening to leave if they don't reduce prices.

Indeed, I agree.
Also, I have never threatened but have always negotiated a good deal at the end of my contracts.
My point was that cable and satellite tv is not the same as it was 20 or so years ago, so overly high price hikes are not warranted any more unless streaming apps are included or more access to their content at the very least.

SonicMaster 04-01-2023 20:22

VM has repeated the same lazy 'just change the date' approach to the January Channel Guides, neglecting to correct any of the errors. New year, same incompetent staff ��

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide

vincerooney 05-01-2023 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox35 (Post 36143115)
Indeed, I agree.
Also, I have never threatened but have always negotiated a good deal at the end of my contracts.
My point was that cable and satellite tv is not the same as it was 20 or so years ago, so overly high price hikes are not warranted any more unless streaming apps are included or more access to their content at the very least.

its very odd isn't it? Content is king. Virgin Media without owning any tv content themselves are in a bit of a pickle potentially. People can realistically just have freeview, Netflix, amazon prime for delivery and now tv for sky sports.

what can virgin media offer? 700 live channels very few watch?

Streaming companies need reliable income streams. Virgin Media need to make deals with them.

Legendkiller2k 05-01-2023 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox35 (Post 36143099)

Best thing i did was cut the cord, quite happy with my humax aura and nvidia shield although my isp do provide netgem tv at no extra cost as part of my broadband package.