Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Name this film please (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=3681)

Atomic22 24-10-2003 19:20

Name this film please

i am trying to trace a film i watched in the late 80s...i am sure it was made by channel 4 but i saw it as a B movie at the pictures....it centered around an outdoor swimming pool like a butlins holiday camp type thingy and i think daniel peacock may have been in it......any ideas people?

iadom 24-10-2003 19:37

Re: name this film please

Hi, De, Hi,........................sorry.:)

Mr_Burns 25-10-2003 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic22
i am trying to trace a film i watched in the late 80s...i am sure it was made by channel 4 but i saw it as a B movie at the pictures....it centered around an outdoor swimming pool like a butlins holiday camp type thingy and i think daniel peacock may have been in it......any ideas people?

Have you looked on The Internet Movie Database?

tomw 25-10-2003 13:17

Is there any more you can add (story line / Ending )

ntluser 25-10-2003 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic22

Could it be "Party Party" (1983)?

If so more details here:-

http://movies.go.com/filmography/Credits?movie_id=10250

Atomic22 01-11-2003 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntluser
Could it be "Party Party" (1983)?

no i have party party on dvd but i think most of the cast are in the swimming pool film

Atomic22 01-11-2003 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomw
Is there any more you can add (story line / Ending )

as far as i can recall i think the storyline centered around a high diving competition at an outdoor pool between a geek type and a musclehead type with daniel peacock (i think) playing the geek.....im sure channel 4 funded the film and i would like to track it down to see if its on vid or dvd coz i remember enjoying it and laffing my head off at it....

bopdude 01-11-2003 22:07

Sorry atomic22, the best I can find at the moment is this list found here

I seem to remember the film slightly though I can not remember the cast :)

If and when you find out let us know, cheers :)

EDIT:_ you sure it was him ??? :)

Atomic22 02-11-2003 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by bopdude
EDIT:_ you sure it was him ??? :)

i think it was daniel peacock but i couldnt be certain...i have looked at his "filmography" and the film is not mentioned so it may not be him
:shrug:

jwill239 28-11-2004 21:47

I've just found your request when looking for the same information.

I saw the film in 1981/2 as a B movie - Trading Places was the main feature. Definitely had Daniel Peacock in it and the highlight was the "perfect dive". I also have a strong memory of the opening race from the lights with Daniel and father.

Does anyone know this film?

Julian

brighton_exile 03-03-2005 19:15

I've only just come across this site so this may have been answered long ago, but the film in question was called "Espresso Splasho":Peaceman:

Ramrod 03-03-2005 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton_exile
I've only just come across this site so this may have been answered long ago, but the film in question was called "Espresso Splasho":Peaceman:

If that's correct then yours is possibly the best first post ever seen :nworthy: :D

iadom 03-03-2005 19:32

Someone let Atomic22 know, he doesn't visit as often these days.

good call brighton_exile:tu:

brighton_exile 03-03-2005 19:33

Why, thank you!

I was actually googling for references to the "Espresso Splasho" soundtrack and found a link to this site.

As previously stated in this string, many of the cast of "Party Party" were also in this one - plus IIRC a very young Mark Wingett (Jim Carver?) - they were almost like a repertory company of British film yoof.

;)

Scarlett 03-03-2005 20:03

Okay, try these then 80's some time a couple of short films on BBC2 1 was to do with Class where a working class couple send the daughter to a posh upper class boarding school to give her a better chance, the father worked in a biscuit factory and they ended up living in a caravan after selling their terreced house to pay the fee's (I think one of the pythons was involved in it)

Also (may have been the same program) something set in a post apocliptic future where its not just dog eat dog but dog shoot world+dog there was an arcade game where the players have to go through some familear scenes from the 80's that are designed to wind you up (queueing for the post office and then after the old woman in the front dithers, you get to the fron as the counter closes.) the last test invovled the coin slot.

Sorry if the details have been a touch vauge in places, I remember a bit more but to say much would give away the endings. I can let people know by PM if they want to confirm what they think.