Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Is this more nonsense from that foreign based call centre? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710381)

RichardCoulter 18-09-2021 17:03

Is this more nonsense from that foreign based call centre?

My V6 remote has started to wear out as it won't carry out certain commands (I have tried changing the batteries just in case it was that).

After problems in the past, and my refusal to deal with them anymore, I have been given a number to reach the office of the CEO directly, however, this is only available during normal office hours. Because of this, and me foolishly thinking that they would be able to deal with something as simple as sending out a new remote, I decided to call and risk getting through to one.

I have rung them just now and, sure enough, got through to one of our foreign friends and explained that I needed a new remote because the old one had worn out.

Couldn't understand a word he was saying, so he had to slow down and repeat everything about 3 times. After going through the security stuff he wanted to know if I needed a normal or a high definition remote!? When I asked what the difference was, he said that those who have HD channels on their STB need a high definition remote!

I explained that, as far as I was aware, every box on the network now had the capability to view HD channels. He simply kept repeating what he had said previously in response, so I said that, as the V6 has HD channels, he'd better send me a high definition remote.

More messing about in silence was followed by "That will cost you £9"! I made it clear that I wouldn't be paying for it and he said "You have to because you broke it"!

I repeated that it had stopped working due to fair wear and tear and that I wouldn't be paying for it.

He then agreed that there wouldn't be a charge and started tapping away for ages, before saying that he couldn't do it due to a technical issue and asked if there was anything else that he could help me with! Just where do they get these clowns from?

I said yes, you can give me your name to pass onto the office of the CEO on Monday!

So, before I call the CEO office after the weekend, does anyone know:

- Is it usual for staff to try and charge for a replacement remote, despite it being made clear beforehand that it was due to wear and tear?

- Is it correct that a different 'High definition' remote is needed for HD boxes, or was he talking crap? I've certainly never heard of such a thing.

joglynne 18-09-2021 17:22

Re: Is this more nonsense from that foreign based call centre?

Have you tried just ordering a new one online. Use the following ink and choose the damaged remote option.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...aged-tv-remote

If the link doesn't work for you log in to your VM account choose ->help ->TV -> Remote controi issues -> then choose the 'damaged' option.

RobboEdin 18-09-2021 17:31

I’m not sure that link will work for those with direct access to the CEO.

Mythica 18-09-2021 17:41

While I can believe something like this could happen, I'm sure Richard makes half of this crap up. How can one person have so many settlements and compensation from one company with a direct line to the CEO office and still have so many troubles.

I bet if 1000 people phoned up for a new remote tomorrow, Richard would be the only one with a problem.

Itshim 18-09-2021 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36093570)
I’m not sure that link will work for those with direct access to the CEO.

Now now .

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 36093572)
While I can believe something like this could happen, I'm sure Richard makes half of this crap up. How can one person have so many settlements and compensation from one company with a direct line to the CEO office and still have so many troubles.

I bet if 1000 people phoned up for a new remote tomorrow, Richard would be the only one with a problem.

Really do you not know that Virgin staff have flag on him . He must be denied at all costs :monkey:

RichardCoulter 18-09-2021 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36093569)
Have you tried just ordering a new one online. Use the following ink and choose the damaged remote option.

If the link doesn't work for you log in to your VM account choose ->help ->TV -> Remote controi issues -> then choose the 'damaged' option.

Oh thank you, that's really useful. I'll do it now to get the ball rolling before Monday :)

Edit: Done and dusted in under a minute and I don't even work for them! It says it will arrive in 3-5 days. It never asked whether I needed a 'High Definition' remote or a regular remote, so i'm guessing he was spouting the usual offshore call centre nonsense.

Edit Edit Thinking about it, I wonder if such a thing does actually exist, but it's not for accessing HD channels on the EPG at all, but is a special remote control for visually impaired customers??

Paul 18-09-2021 22:56

Much as I think RC is his own worst enemy, I have also never found the offshore Call Centres to be of any use at all.
They seem to have zero technical skills, or understanding, and just blindly follow scripts. Half the time I cannot undertsand a word they say.

I look forward to the day VM (and others) get rid of them.

Itshim 19-09-2021 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36093627)
Much as I think RC is his own worst enemy, I have also never found the offshore Call Centres to be of any use at all.
They seem to have zero technical skills, or understanding, and just blindly follow scripts. Half the time I cannot undertsand a word they say.

I look forward to the day VM (and others) get rid of them.

On that we totally agree

spiderplant 19-09-2021 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36093611)
Edit Edit Thinking about it, I wonder if such a thing does actually exist, but it's not for accessing HD channels on the EPG at all, but is a special remote control for visually impaired customers??

I think that's very likely. There is a high contrast remote available.

spankysmagicpian 19-09-2021 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36093569)

They'd be no drama if Richard ordered a replacement online would there?
It would defeat the object.

Tricky Trevor 19-09-2021 16:38

That's the problem with overseas call centres. How can they possibly understand a tv system that they themselves cannot recieve in their homes?

RichardCoulter 19-09-2021 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36093709)
I think that's very likely. There is a high contrast remote available.

Ahh, thanks SP, that's probably what he was talking about then. He's seen this and for some reason thought that it's purpose is to access the HD channels on the EPG :confused:

I'll flag this up on Monday as this also means that he's not aware of this accessibility aid for the sight impaired- not good. It would be interesting to hear what this individual would come out with if a disabled person got through to him and asked about a more suitable remote control.

Either he hasn't been trained properly or he has been but it hasn't sunk in.

Itshim 19-09-2021 17:42

Re: IsMore likely this more nonsense from that foreign based call centre?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36093727)
Ahh, thanks SP, that's probably what he was talking about then. He's seen this and for some reason thought that it's purpose is to access the HD channels on the EPG :confused:

I'll flag this up on Monday as this also means that he's not aware of this accessibility aid for the sight impaired- not good. It would be interesting to hear what this individual would come out with if a disabled person got through to him and asked about a more suitable remote control.

Either he hasn't been trained properly or he has been but it hasn't sunk in.

More likely he is following a scripted screen you answer he presses your answer and asks the next and so forth. After all the Tecs that come out first couldn't change a plug ,picked for " people skills" and that is straight from the horse's mouth . When TiVo replaced by V6 this is what she said . Was working in a shop before joining Virgin :shocked:

RichardCoulter 20-09-2021 09:38

Spoke to chief execs office just now. She tried to gloss over this as a "language barrier" thing, which led me nicely to ask why VM are using staff with poor English. I also pointed out that saying a special remote was needed to access HD channels is more than a language barrier and that it's possible that those with a sight impairment may well have services available to them being denied.

She apologised for the attempt to charge me & for the poor service that i'd received and said that it would be dealt with.

Hugh 20-09-2021 10:08

"dealt with"… ;)

https://www.cableforum.uk/images/local/2021/09/7.jpg